hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep, if Since1875 can’t get correspondence from the club after numerous tries then surely the reps exist to bridge the gap. They don’t exactly seem like a proactive pair though.
    True,shocking IMO

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Just rip out the plush seats in section 50 and put the Singing Section there.... its the end of the stand that is disrupting the sound travelling to the East that is ruining the effect of Since1875's efforts... I sit in the East section 40 and we barely hear them.... when i have sat in the west in hospitality then you can see the difference.

Its really simple...!!! (Apart from the disruption for existing section 50 ST holders).
    Last edited by BlackSheep; 14-08-2018 at 03:38 PM.

On the back of that statement, I’m guessing that means the club will not be reselling single seats for adults in cat A games in famous 5?? You know, a big money making scheme for the club, happy to take an adults penny when it suits.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    Pretty strange that the club also claim to have been trying to meet with Since 1875 over the past few weeks....
    Which doesn't quite contradict what Since1875 said. They said "We are no further forward", so it would appear there has just been a game of phone tennis or something similar going on.

Glad the club have cleared this up

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    so, looks like we have a Grass on .net that went running to the club....name and shame, show yourself

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Absolutely agree mate. IMO this is all part of a wider issue in football these days. Clubs are so busy pandering to corporate fans and the middle class 'are we going to the football this weekend father? … not if we are going to hear any more of that nasty language we heard last time son' demographic, that they have lost their way when it comes to the very thing that is a huge contributor to the matchday experience and that is the atmosphere.

I never thought I would see the day where the USA a land where corporate is king and sport is very much a business would be kicking the arse of Scottish football clubs when it comes to appreciating what atmosphere means to a football match … and not surprisingly I'm thinking of Portland Timbers here, where the club actively encourage their 'ultras' and bend over backwards to accommodate them, even to the extent of providing sand buckets for them to let off flares in. I'm not suggesting Hibs do that, but compared to them we are falling down big time by for some reason failing to recognise the massive importance atmosphere has in not only selling the club as an exciting way to pass a weekend but in driving the team forward on the park.

Hibs said at the very start of the Dempster revolution that every aspect of the club would be looked at in order to improve and that it was to our peril if we failed to recognise that even the smallest thing improved by 1% could mean the difference between success and failure ( the hugely successful British cycling team taking this very approach being cited at the time ) IMO Hibs are flying in the very face of that supposed 'credo' by failing to properly address this situation ….. nobody is saying the atmosphere at ER hasn't improved in the last few years, but it could be made a whole lot better and if you ask me doing that would be an improvement to something that is far from a small matter for the future good health and hopefully growing success of the club.
    Well said that man.

i think this matter would have been better dealt with by going to the fans reps with your suggestions.

In consideration of the Health and Safety aspects of moving so many people around may have had somebearing on the situation.

there are many accusations on the club for doing what they did and as many have already said we are hearing only one side of the story.

But the stadium and the way it is run is the the responsibility of the club.

In the recent past the club has bent over backwards to accomodate these fans wishes and have been rightly praised for doing so.

Ive not read if the existing season ticket holders had been approached regarding having fans standing in front of them and the singing and drum beside them?

I think these guys do a grand job but i think maybe they have overstepped themselves and have put the club's hiearchy in a tizz?

I cant understand why anyone would want to stand behind the goals as they restrict your view of the game and the moves taking place on the pitch?

Get some chat set up with the fans reps as inbetweens to start discussions.

@hibs.net private member
    Gobsmacked by that statement. I emailed (others have called, text, emailed) for a meeting in July and have had zero response. Guess its a stalemate!

Fan reps anywhere to be seen?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    Gobsmacked by that statement. I emailed (others have called, text, emailed) for a meeting in July and have had zero response. Guess its a stalemate!

Doing as they're told, as per.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Shame. Really shaped up to be a great day. The club are happy to really push the marketing bus when it comes to the group - Time For Heroes, all the ticket advertisements etc but on the other hand appear to disagree with our approach? A face to face sit down would help. Time for the fan reps to bridge the gap as posted abovr.
    Agree. Surely this is firmly in the fans rep's gift to communicate on for all parties? Preferably before having to cancel.

My sympathies are with the folk that put in the effort to create the atmosphere.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Have you guys tried to contact them?
    (The reps)
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Fans reps are likely to have just landed in Norway so doubt they will be very contactable over the next few days...

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    That did not happen though, and there will be people in that section who will not be able to see the game because of folk standing up. There's no getting away from this, and as much as i think this is exactly the place the singing section should be, it needs to be done properly with proper dialogue between both sides and probably the fans reps involved too.
    Have to agree.

I love the singing section, I think they do a great job with the atmosphere and the displays etc. but I think they're in the wrong her as much as the club are.

I think of this had been planned in cooperation with the club ahead of announcing it etc, then it would have been really good to see how it worked out
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Slightly off topic but do the Fan Reps travel on the Club charter or HSL/fans charter to Molde?

HOUSTON, THERE’S BEEN A STATEMENT!

“Hibernian v Ross County

We were made aware late on Monday night of plans by the singing section to move to the Famous Five Lower for Sunday’s match with Ross County.

The Famous Five Lower is our designated family section – it has been for a number of years and we have no plans to change.

For league matches the whole lower section is almost completely sold out with season ticket members. Ticket holders should only be family groups, and we normally have ticket rules in place both online and at the Ticket Office to ensure that anyone buying individual match tickets are part of a family group. Mistakenly, these rules were not implemented for Sunday’s match, which resulted in a small number of adult tickets being purchased for that section. We have paused ticket sales in this section and refunded supporters who have purchased non-family tickets in this section.

We have worked well with the singing section on several projects since their mutually agreed move to the Famous Five in 2017. The atmosphere around the whole ground has been positive over the past few seasons, and we want to make sure that continues.

The suggested move for Sunday’s game was made without any consultation with the club despite the fact that it is well established that the Famous Give Lower is a Family Section. To avoid doubt, we have no plans to change the use of this section of the ground. It is heavily populated with season ticket holders and we want to put a focus on our matchday experience for families and the next generation of supporters.

We remain committed to engaging with all of our supporters, including the singing section and through our Safety Officer we have made a number of attempts in the last few weeks to communicate with this group.”
    Seems pretty clear to me.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    It's hardly surprising that the move was blocked.

It is a weekend match and in the Family Section.

We used to have five tickets on the back row of that area with three children (initially) aged 8, 13 and 15. You can imagine we would have been delighted if a group set up in front of us standing throughout.

It all seemed like a very crass move in the first place to announce this without consulting the club.
    It’s a fair point. If I had a family season ticket I could not see the game . I’d be annoyed. Perhaps a better trial would be the section nearest the east, to see if the noise traveled around the ground better

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Slightly off topic but do the Fan Reps travel on the Club charter or HSL/fans charter to Molde?
    Yes mate.

Left by mutual consent!
    HOUSTON, THERE’S BEEN A STATEMENT!

“Hibernian v Ross County

We were made aware late on Monday night of plans by the singing section to move to the Famous Five Lower for Sunday’s match with Ross County.

The Famous Five Lower is our designated family section – it has been for a number of years and we have no plans to change.

For league matches the whole lower section is almost completely sold out with season ticket members. Ticket holders should only be family groups, and we normally have ticket rules in place both online and at the Ticket Office to ensure that anyone buying individual match tickets are part of a family group. Mistakenly, these rules were not implemented for Sunday’s match, which resulted in a small number of adult tickets being purchased for that section. We have paused ticket sales in this section and refunded supporters who have purchased non-family tickets in this section.

We have worked well with the singing section on several projects since their mutually agreed move to the Famous Five in 2017. The atmosphere around the whole ground has been positive over the past few seasons, and we want to make sure that continues.

The suggested move for Sunday’s game was made without any consultation with the club despite the fact that it is well established that the Famous Give Lower is a Family Section. To avoid doubt, we have no plans to change the use of this section of the ground. It is heavily populated with season ticket holders and we want to put a focus on our matchday experience for families and the next generation of supporters.

We remain committed to engaging with all of our supporters, including the singing section and through our Safety Officer we have made a number of attempts in the last few weeks to communicate with this group.”
    thats that. Two groups need to get a room . Interesting both parties think other side isn’t communicating.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Seems reasonable.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Yes mate.
    It wasn't really a yes or no question. I'll re-phrase:

How do the Fan Reps travel to Molde? on

A) Club charter?
    B) HSL/fans charter?

@hibs.net private member
    Fans reps are likely to have just landed in Norway so doubt they will be very contactable over the next few days...
    Appreciate that. Think it was in the original statement acknowledging how busy everyone at the club will be at the moment. Priorities certainly elsewhere which is completely right.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Yeap. It’s just a pity the club hadn’t made that plain to the singing section earlier, it could have stopped a lot of ill feeling.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

"For league matches the whole lower section is almost completely sold out with season ticket members. Ticket holders should only be family groups, and we normally have ticket rules in place both online and at the Ticket Office to ensure that anyone buying individual match tickets are part of a family group. Mistakenly, these rules were not implemented for Sunday’s match, which resulted in a small number of adult tickets being purchased for that section. We have paused ticket sales in this section and refunded supporters who have purchased non-family tickets in this section."
    Nonsense, I myself have purchased single Adult tickets for games in the F5 Lower loads of times, including Cat A,B and cup games over the past few seasons.

"It is heavily populated with season ticket holders "
    Aye, heavily populated by £25 kids tickets which adults purchase then just upgrade when they want a ticket for a Cat A game and never bother to show up to other games.

Poor statement.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    Which doesn't quite contradict what Since1875 said. They said "We are no further forward", so it would appear there has just been a game of phone tennis or something similar going on.

Glad the club have cleared this up
    No what they’re saying is this. You seem strangely keen to be proved right on this part of the story for some reason.

United we stand here....

I get that it will be difficult to facilitate this but just get yourselves back to the back of 43. Mix of the singing section and the traditional singers makes for a louder stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by King Dom View Post
    Nonsense, I myself have purchased single Adult tickets for games in the F5 Lower loads of times, including Cat A,B and cup games over the past few seasons.

Aye, heavily populated by £25 kids tickets which adults purchase then just upgrade when they want a ticket for a Cat A game and never bother to show up to other games.

Poor statement.
    Can I just state I’ve never upgraded my son’s £25 ticket for any game. He misses around 3 games a season due to midweek or Sunday clashes with his own football. Also one of the 10% who was bought his own seat for Sunday. 👍

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Some folk make going to the football awfy difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Can I just state I’ve never upgraded my son’s £25 ticket for any game. He misses around 3 games a season due to midweek or Sunday clashes with his own football. Also one of the 10% who was bought his own seat for Sunday. 👍
    Sorry, didn't mean to cause any offence but I think it is pretty obvious that there are issues here.

I’ve suggested it before. But, could S1875 group not move to the south lower?

Move back to the F5, when we play Hearts, Celtic and Rangers?

Quote Originally Posted by King Dom View Post
    Sorry, didn't mean to cause any offence but I think it is pretty obvious that there are issues here.
    I agree there are some which may have taken advantage. I know 3 people none of which are £25 tickets who probably miss a third of the games. 2 are full adult tickets so it’s possibly an unfair assumption that all empty seats are the cheap ones