First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Get back in the East. Hasn't worked on famous 5
    I think that's the best for everyone.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieT View Post
    I agree with the club here. If I sat in the FF lower (I sit in the upper) I wouldn’t want a group of people taking it upon themselves to stand in front of me and waive the big flags. As for those suggesting people could move, really? In my opinion, the SS were taking this opportunity to say ‘look at us. How good would it be if we were here every game?’ I think the club has done the right thing here
    What’s wrong with showing the club that it would be a worthwhile move?

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Has it not?

BouncerRoss could confirm but I imagine that their numbers have grown a significantly since moving to the North, they have also put on a number of memorable displays and negative incidents associated with the group inside ER have also reduced to pretty much 0.

Issue is, there’s only one section in the East which can accomadate the size of the Singing Section in its current form, and that’s section 45, and given its right next to a wall, it could have the same acoustic challenges...

First Team Regular Heedersnvolleys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StevieT View Post
    I agree with the club here. If I sat in the FF lower (I sit in the upper) I wouldn’t want a group of people taking it upon themselves to stand in front of me and waive the big flags. As for those suggesting people could move, really? In my opinion, the SS were taking this opportunity to say ‘look at us. How good would it be if we were here every game?’ I think the club has done the right thing here
    I am sure you mean ‘look at us this is the best place for us to be’ like they have said all a long. If the seats are free they should have been free to be taken by the group. This is a bunch of very enthusiastic supporters that are season ticket holders that go home and way that do try to create a better experience in a stadium that can lack atmosphere on occasions.

Up until the club intervened this morning there was nothing to stop a bunch of drunken ar$e***** on a stag do taking those seats so what would we prefer.

Any kids I know that go to ER love the SS. Long live the SS.

I'm not going to utterly slag the club here because this has happened in the week of a huge European tie away from home and they probably would want time to consider all the angles before deciding what to do with this 'Since 1875' experiment. Though simply just shutting the FF lower does seem a bit extreme as a solution, even a temporary one.

I have never hidden my support of the singing section being located in the FF lower, it seems like a no brainer to me, especially given that its no coincidence that practically every ( for want of a better word ) ultra's section around Europe chooses or has gravitated towards an end stand in their respective stadiums. I don't buy into the theory that the East Stand is our traditional singing area either … I've been going to ER since the mid 70s and in that time the most boisterous fans have been in the north end of the main stand and I'm lead to believe ( though a bit before my time ) in the old 'Coo shed'

The East only really came to prominence after it was covered over in the 80s and as the only decent and relatively inexpensive covered area in the stadium it was natural that the more vociferous folk in our support would congregate there. IMO the East as it is now presents too many problems for it ever to be considered as a permanent home for a singing section where folk like to stand during the game and its pretty clear, at least to me, that Hibs are very much of a like mind.

I get the clubs enthusiasm for the idea of a 'family section' but the truth of the matter is that at game after game the large swathes of empty seats in that area is letting us down badly … its the area of the stadium which is most prominent on TV and anybody watching could be forgiven for thinking our claims of crowds of over 15,000 every week are pure hogwash.
    Before anybody retorts with a 'who cares what other folk think' comment IMO Hibs should, in fact every club should. In business image is a huge part of selling your product, especially in the face of competition from other businesses selling the same product and Hibs should be making every effort to project ER as a vibrant and colourful place to go and watch football.

Having the most high profile section of the stadium a third empty 80% of the time and compounding the felony by having the most noisy and colourful section of our support hidden away in the gods out of sight of the TV cameras ( not to mention a quarter of the folk in the East stand ) is to my mind nothing short of stupidity. Its even dafter when after rightly boasting about having our best average crowds in 40 years and record season ticket sales the club seem quite happy to leave the home stands at ER looking a third empty to folk who aren't actually inside the stadium.

As I said on the original thread on this subject. I don't see why Hibs cant sell family tickets throughout the West lower, the north end of the East and the FF upper. This would dissipate the empty seats around the stadium, with a good few of them being behind the TV pictures. That would free up the FF lower for a proper and more importantly highly visible singing section, not only to the TV cameras but the other fans in the stadium. I'm also pretty sure that if this proved as popular as I think it would it wouldn't be too difficult to start crowd funding a move to buy 'rail seats' in the fullness of time … I swear here and now that I would happily chuck in £20 to such an initiative and I wouldn't even be part of the singing section, having finally achieved my long term wish to move from the FF lower to the FF upper … the best view in the stadium IMO.

Whatever the case IMO its time this whole situation, which has been running for years now, was put to bed and in the way it always should have been .. give the 'Since 1875' guys what the have always wanted, with the set in absolute stone proviso that once they have made that particular bed they will be made to lie in it, no matter what the outcome. An easy way to encourage growth of the FF lower group would be to strictly enforce the no standing rule in the whole of the East, that should encourage the current crop who still go there to move to where they belong.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 14-08-2018 at 01:01 PM.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Think you were a bit unfair on the club earlier then. You stated that they had tried to speak to the club, but you obviously didn't know.

Maybe we should wait until things are clarified before we start blaming people.
    If you read the op on this thread it states that despite numerous attempts to contact the club they’d had no response. As a result of this they had decided to try and organise something themselves. That to me says they had tried to contact the club. Another poster seems to think this contact was after the decision to sit in the ff lower on Sunday, I thought it meant they had tried to contact the club before, but had no response so decided to go ahead on their own.

United we stand here....

In the East, particularly when the singing section were down the front, it worked even less than it did now. People were content to sit on their hands while they sang the songs. At least now, the East have taken it upon themselves to get some songs going. Personally, if the money fell into our laps right now, I'd get all the seats in the Famous Five Lower ripped out and converted into a safe standing section.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    I have major concerns about this. I normally sit in section 15 WSU but for Sunday, we have moved over to section 14, WSU. It was in my thoughts that I might start singing, but only IF we were winning. I am now a bit worried the club will get wind of this and when I turn up on Sunday, they will have cancelled my tickets and moved me back to section 15 WSU

Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post
    I have major concerns about this. I normally sit in section 15 WSU but for Sunday, we have moved over to section 14, WSU. It was in my thoughts that I might start singing, but only IF we were winning. I am now a bit worried the club will get wind of this and when I turn up on Sunday, they will have cancelled my tickets and moved me back to section 15 WSU
    😂😂.
    Shocking state of affairs!

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Why did the singing section not just try to move down to section 20? Immediately below the designated area, presumably also not many seats taken. A lot less controversial I would have thought.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    If you read the op on this thread it states that despite numerous attempts to contact the club they’d had no response. As a result of this they had decided to try and organise something themselves. That to me says they had tried to contact the club. Another poster seems to think this contact was after the decision to sit in the ff lower on Sunday, I thought it meant they had tried to contact the club before, but had no response so decided to go ahead on their own.
    It doesn't say that actually, it said that they are no further forward. There was also nothing on the original thread suggesting anything to back up what you are saying above.

Let's be fair to the club, they are in Norway this week and trying to get a work permit for a player, and that's just the stuff we know about! I think it's been an unfortunate turn of events, but I don't think our SS have gone about this in the best way. They should have waited for approval from the club, and if it didn't arrive in time, re-plan for another game.

Whilst I would prefer the SS to be in the FFL as well, you have to feel for the families that are in there at the moment. Yet, some seem to abuse the family tickets, but I'm pretty certain that some don't and use them exactly how Hibs intended. This is a consequence of success. Hopefully over time we can sell out year on year, then build a nice new safe standing corner for the SS.

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    In the East, particularly when the singing section were down the front, it worked even less than it did now. People were content to sit on their hands while they sang the songs. At least now, the East have taken it upon themselves to get some songs going. Personally, if the money fell into our laps right now, I'd get all the seats in the Famous Five Lower ripped out and converted into a safe standing section.
    Absolutely agree mate. IMO this is all part of a wider issue in football these days. Clubs are so busy pandering to corporate fans and the middle class 'are we going to the football this weekend father? … not if we are going to hear any more of that nasty language we heard last time son' demographic, that they have lost their way when it comes to the very thing that is a huge contributor to the matchday experience and that is the atmosphere.

I never thought I would see the day where the USA a land where corporate is king and sport is very much a business would be kicking the arse of Scottish football clubs when it comes to appreciating what atmosphere means to a football match … and not surprisingly I'm thinking of Portland Timbers here, where the club actively encourage their 'ultras' and bend over backwards to accommodate them, even to the extent of providing sand buckets for them to let off flares in. I'm not suggesting Hibs do that, but compared to them we are falling down big time by for some reason failing to recognise the massive importance atmosphere has in not only selling the club as an exciting way to pass a weekend but in driving the team forward on the park.

Hibs said at the very start of the Dempster revolution that every aspect of the club would be looked at in order to improve and that it was to our peril if we failed to recognise that even the smallest thing improved by 1% could mean the difference between success and failure ( the hugely successful British cycling team taking this very approach being cited at the time ) IMO Hibs are flying in the very face of that supposed 'credo' by failing to properly address this situation ….. nobody is saying the atmosphere at ER hasn't improved in the last few years, but it could be made a whole lot better and if you ask me doing that would be an improvement to something that is far from a small matter for the future good health and hopefully growing success of the club.

The best way to sort it would be to make the £25 ST's cat B tickets in the South then make the end sections of the East/West stands the other family section areas. That would be enough to sort out most who currently have a seat in the FF Lower. Surely something like this could be sorted out with a little work and discussion. Hopefully the club will at least have a chat with the since 1875 guys at some point

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    The best way to sort it would be to make the £25 ST's cat B tickets in the South then make the end sections of the East/West stands the other family section areas. That would be enough to sort out most who currently have a seat in the FF Lower. Surely something like this could be sorted out with a little work and discussion. Hopefully the club will at least have a chat with the since 1875 guys at some point
    That’s a really good idea. I guess the main issue would be that these £25 tickets are accompanied by an adult who are likely want to go to the big games. Maybe just give them first dibs on class Atickets when they go on sale?

I wonder if the singing section could swap for an ff lower section. For example, my sons and I all sit in the furthest West section of the ff lower.

What's to stop everyone there decanting to the 1875 section and vice versa? I know season tickets are more expensive up top, but surely there could be some leeway to achieve this?

Can't be many people in the bottom tier need the lift. If you use one of the side sections as well it should mean no blocking of views.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Am I right in thinking that the singing section spoke to the club about their location in the FF Upper and agreement was reached a few years ago?

If that's the case, then there should have been further discussion about a move, temporary or not.

I do think that the best place would be behind the goals, but an agreement is an agreement and it would be wrong for one side to arbitrarily break it, regardless of their intention.

Had the organisers spoken to the club about their ideas in advance, maybe there could have been an accomodation, but if not, the reasons would have been explained.

As it was, the club were basically ambushed and are now being portrayed as the guilty party whereas they are merely sticking with what has already been agreed.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees3_Sevco2 View Post
    Motion:

Can we PLEASE stop calling the Singing Section the SS? 😂😂😂
    Agreed.

It's much better to refer to them as the Glee Club.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?3...on-This-Sunday

The above link is the original thread on the 'move'. Post 5 is the one i quoted in this thread and where they state that they attempted to acquire the seats before contacting the club.

Most clubs have the vocal/ultra's behind the goals . I cant actually think of any that have the family section there . Why did they move it there in the 1st place ?

Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    Most clubs have the vocal/ultra's behind the goals . I cant actually think of any that have the family section there . Why did they move it there in the 1st place ?
    Probably because it was one of the least desirable places to sit due to the view so harder to sell full price Season Tickets in. At the time everybody saw the East as the place to be if you wanted a more raucous atmosphere.
    Last edited by marinello59; 14-08-2018 at 02:49 PM.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees3_Sevco2 View Post
    Motion:

Can we PLEASE stop calling the Singing Section the SS? ������

I see our not so noisy neighbours have adopted that title too.
    No waffen matter.
    May i suggest a name change to CCS

Community Choral Section.

On topic

The club need to sort out the lower FF for next season regards the purchase of cheap tickets that are hardly used, other than to gain Cup final/Semi final tickets.
    (should that arise,as it has done numerous times in recent seasons)
    That appears to me to be one of,if not the reason some have bought the cheap child ST
    Just my view of course !
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 14-08-2018 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    That’s a really good idea. I guess the main issue would be that these £25 tickets are accompanied by an adult who are likely want to go to the big games. Maybe just give them first dibs on class Atickets when they go on sale?
    There are perfectly valid arguments about the location of the family section and can understand some of the angst about the £25 cost but our 3 tickets (1 adult, 1 youth and 1 child) cost £490 so its not a bargain basement amount of money when all added together, it is good value and I'm happy to take advantage of it. Our kids want to go to every game available and so far we've done Runavik and Molde as well as St J on Sunday, they've been given the bug and depriving them of the Cat A games doesn't sit well with me.
    From what has been said there looks like there should be a tightening up on validating the age of those with a £25 ticket and perhaps checking on its use and availibility to others if not being used by the child but other than potential of relocating i would still urge everyone to back the concept of the family area.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    So now the £25 ticket is worth talking about eh!

You’re not just winding us up??

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    So now the £25 ticket is worth talking about eh!

You’re not just winding us up??
    I've put two or three explanations for my view/position. You've put down about two sentences basically stating to get rid of them, proper discussion would be preferred?

Presumably if there is going to be “organised”standing in the ground it has from a safety/insurance point of view to be controlled by the club.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    excuse my ignorance on this matter but is there actually a Law that means we have to have seating ? the FFL would be ideal for standing, heck i would maybe even start going there myself, having never been in the FF before....bring back the coo shed as well :)

HOUSTON, THERE’S BEEN A STATEMENT!

“Hibernian v Ross County

We were made aware late on Monday night of plans by the singing section to move to the Famous Five Lower for Sunday’s match with Ross County.

The Famous Five Lower is our designated family section – it has been for a number of years and we have no plans to change.

For league matches the whole lower section is almost completely sold out with season ticket members. Ticket holders should only be family groups, and we normally have ticket rules in place both online and at the Ticket Office to ensure that anyone buying individual match tickets are part of a family group. Mistakenly, these rules were not implemented for Sunday’s match, which resulted in a small number of adult tickets being purchased for that section. We have paused ticket sales in this section and refunded supporters who have purchased non-family tickets in this section.

We have worked well with the singing section on several projects since their mutually agreed move to the Famous Five in 2017. The atmosphere around the whole ground has been positive over the past few seasons, and we want to make sure that continues.

The suggested move for Sunday’s game was made without any consultation with the club despite the fact that it is well established that the Famous Give Lower is a Family Section. To avoid doubt, we have no plans to change the use of this section of the ground. It is heavily populated with season ticket holders and we want to put a focus on our matchday experience for families and the next generation of supporters.

We remain committed to engaging with all of our supporters, including the singing section and through our Safety Officer we have made a number of attempts in the last few weeks to communicate with this group.”

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    HOUSTON, THERE’S BEEN A STATEMENT!

“Hibernian v Ross County

We were made aware late on Monday night of plans by the singing section to move to the Famous Five Lower for Sunday’s match with Ross County.

The Famous Five Lower is our designated family section – it has been for a number of years and we have no plans to change.

For league matches the whole lower section is almost completely sold out with season ticket members. Ticket holders should only be family groups, and we normally have ticket rules in place both online and at the Ticket Office to ensure that anyone buying individual match tickets are part of a family group. Mistakenly, these rules were not implemented for Sunday’s match, which resulted in a small number of adult tickets being purchased for that section. We have paused ticket sales in this section and refunded supporters who have purchased non-family tickets in this section.

We have worked well with the singing section on several projects since their mutually agreed move to the Famous Five in 2017. The atmosphere around the whole ground has been positive over the past few seasons, and we want to make sure that continues.

The suggested move for Sunday’s game was made without any consultation with the club despite the fact that it is well established that the Famous Give Lower is a Family Section. To avoid doubt, we have no plans to change the use of this section of the ground. It is heavily populated with season ticket holders and we want to put a focus on our matchday experience for families and the next generation of supporters.

We remain committed to engaging with all of our supporters, including the singing section and through our Safety Officer we have made a number of attempts in the last few weeks to communicate with this group.”
    Pretty strange that the club also claim to have been trying to meet with Since 1875 over the past few weeks....