hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    This sounds like a job for a person like a supporters liaison officer or a fan rep. If only we had something like that in place 🤔
    I’m actually on the clubs side here atm but I do think they should be taking the lead to sort this problem out because it’s not going to go away and it will cause friction if it’s not sorted. Where the singing section is is not ideal but the ideal place is occupied, however sparcly with youngsters

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Since1875Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Regrettably Hibs have decided to block our move to the FF Lower on Sunday despite 90% of this section being unsold and the overwhelming majority of the Hibs support wanting to see this trialed. This included a threat to move any individuals who entered this area - although unsure how they’d identify non-regulars.

Tickets have been cancelled and refunded.

This match presented a great opportunity to trial something different after the club blocked a relocation of season tickets at the beginning of the year.

Despite numerous efforts to meet with the club, we’re no further forward. Hence trying to self organise ourselves, appreciating the club are extremely busy at the moment with European activity.

This feels like a blatant attempt now to keep a specific group of supporters tucked away in the far corner of ER, blocking their freedom and right to buy any unsold seat across the four stands.

We apologise to any supporter who purchased a ticket in Section 18 last night. Hibs have offered to refund these.

We’ll now pause for breath and reevaluate our options.

Thanks for your continued support

Since 1875
    Poor show from Hibs, I’d like to see the signing section moved back to the east as the atmosphere hasn’t been the same since the move.

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthibby View Post
    If they had bought tickets at the back of that section whose view would it have impeded then ? ...I would like to hear Hibs view on the singing section and their relevance/importance to the club and atmosphere generated.
    Also if they are going to work on some plan with regarda to properly manage the FFLower in terms of the amount child seasons bought for that area and frequently just not used ..are they monitoring the non use and what seats are being put back in for re-distribution when not in use ? And are the prices just too cheap and subsequently too attractive for people not too buy on thebasis they might only be used 2,3 times a season ?
    whatever the position, its an ongoing issue in numerous threads and conversation but also in reality for us moving forward as a club.
    I said it previously but £25 is just too cheap IMO. By all means encourage families to attend with lower prices but it looks as though these seats are being bought just incase a child ever wants to attend and at 25 quid it's a tiny outlay, if they were £60 or £70 (which is still great value) it might stop people buying them and hardly ever used.

It's hardly surprising that the move was blocked.

It is a weekend match and in the Family Section.

We used to have five tickets on the back row of that area with three children (initially) aged 8, 13 and 15. You can imagine we would have been delighted if a group set up in front of us standing throughout.

It all seemed like a very crass move in the first place to announce this without consulting the club.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    It's hardly surprising that the move was blocked.

It is a weekend match and in the Family Section.

We used to have five tickets on the back row of that area with three children (initially) aged 8, 13 and 15. You can imagine we would have been delighted if a group set up in front of us standing throughout.

It all seemed like a very crass move in the first place to announce this without consulting the club.
    They tried and the club didn’t respond. This was a trial for one game in a stand that at the very best would be half full. I’m sure there would be plenty empty seats for people to move to if their view was restricted.

United we stand here....

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by vince1973 View Post
    This sounds like a job for a person like a supporters liaison officer or a fan rep. If only we had something like that in place 🤔
    I’m actually on the clubs side here atm but I do think they should be taking the lead to sort this problem out because it’s not going to go away and it will cause friction if it’s not sorted. Where the singing section is is not ideal but the ideal place is occupied, however sparcly with youngsters
    To be fair to the club they moved long standing season ticket holders out of the section currently occupied by the singing section , made provision for the drummer and banners and gave or did give them special priority for away games so they have made a lot of effort already. . Hopefully after further discussion both sides can come to some sort of compromise here.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    They tried and the club didn’t respond. This was a trial for one game in a stand that at the very best would be half full. I’m sure there would be plenty empty seats for people to move to if their view was restricted.
    My assumption is that they've tried to speak to the club retrospectively?
    It seemed to me they put a call out to buy seats behind the goal and after the club blocked the move they have since tried to start dialogue.
    If that is correct then I feel the supporters were initially wrong and my earlier point about their view on being moved by the club without notice stands.
    I would say that the club should be speaking to them now they have refused this move and i imagine that will happen and hopefully as soon as they can. Perhaps waiting on direction from higher up the club than fans liason officer?

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaff View Post
    My assumption is that they've tried to speak to the club retrospectively?
    It seemed to me they put a call out to buy seats behind the goal and after the club blocked the move they have since tried to start dialogue.
    If that is correct then I feel the supporters were initially wrong and my earlier point about their view on being moved by the club without notice stands.
    I would say that the club should be speaking to them now they have refused this move and i imagine that will happen and hopefully as soon as they can. Perhaps waiting on direction from higher up the club than fans liason officer?
    That’s not my interpretation of things. It sounded to me like they had tried to speak to the club, didn’t get a response so took matters into their own hands. I could be wrong though.

United we stand here....

That’s not my interpretation of things. It sounded to me like they had tried to speak to the club, didn’t get a response so took matters into their own hands. I could be wrong though.
    Ok, my view is the opposite but won't know unless someone states categorically of course.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar

no surprise there

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Doesn't seem that either side have gone about this correctly as far as I can see.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    Yep, if Since1875 can’t get correspondence from the club after numerous tries then surely the reps exist to bridge the gap. They don’t exactly seem like a proactive pair though.
    Have 1875 tried to contact the reps?

'We have simply purchased available tickets in this section thos evening and encourage other likeminded fans to do the same. We’ve done this off our own accord. We reguarly engage with the club on a number of matters'

The above is quoted from a reply made by Since1875' to Hibbyradge asking if they had contacted the club.
    Edit. On the original thread

I'm not against their plan but just don't want the club to be dragged into a situation where they are cast as the villains due to a breakdown in communication not of their making.
    Time for some folk to cool their heels imo

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    I really think your group made an own goal by moving up there.

I think they were uncomfortable when you based yourself in the east due to everyone standing refusing to sit. Not sure if that still happens in the east though.

I dont get to a lot of games but the 2 ive been to so far this season it seems as if there is still plenty singers in the east probably because that area of the ground is where traditionally the atmosphere has been created.

I commend everyone involved for their efforts and hope you continue to do a lot of great work.

I do feel though now the club know who you all are and have you were they want you then they will do their best to keep you there.

If you all decided to just buy season tickets back in the east would they block that too? I suspect they would.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Whilst I agree the singing section need to be positioned somewhere with greater visibility and impact this needs to be facilitated properly between the club, the fans in FF lower and the singing section.
    I have been in the FF lower since they introduced the family section taking advantage of what were originally £0 tickets to £25 tickets for my kids. Im now only paying one child price with the other having moved to a youth .
    We have central seats with no obstruction from the goal bar , why would we want to move to a less superior view ? Also with more and more season ticket holders I cant see how they club can accommodate moving individuals, even those who are no longer entitled to child/youth tickets .
    Lets face it, the remaining seats free for a season ticket aren't the best.

@hibs.net private member
    Think you were a bit unfair on the club earlier then. You stated that they had tried to speak to the club, but you obviously didn't know.

Maybe we should wait until things are clarified before we start blaming people.

So the club are looking after families with young kids over the section that will come standing obstructing the view of those that aren’t interested. Openly couldn’t care less in fact bragged that their recent actions resulted in the club in trouble with UEFA despite warnings before hand. I’m shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Since1875Hibs View Post
    Regrettably Hibs have decided to block our move to the FF Lower on Sunday despite 90% of this section being unsold and the overwhelming majority of the Hibs support wanting to see this trialed. This included a threat to move any individuals who entered this area - although unsure how they’d identify non-regulars.

Tickets have been cancelled and refunded.

This match presented a great opportunity to trial something different after the club blocked a relocation of season tickets at the beginning of the year.

Despite numerous efforts to meet with the club, we’re no further forward. Hence trying to self organise ourselves, appreciating the club are extremely busy at the moment with European activity.

This feels like a blatant attempt now to keep a specific group of supporters tucked away in the far corner of ER, blocking their freedom and right to buy any unsold seat across the four stands.

We apologise to any supporter who purchased a ticket in Section 18 last night. Hibs have offered to refund these.

We’ll now pause for breath and reevaluate our options.

Thanks for your continued support

Since 1875
    Just mentioned on the other thread, what about trying section 43?

Quote Originally Posted by Fraz1875 View Post
    So the club are looking after families with young kids over the section that will come standing obstructing the view of those that aren’t interested. Openly couldn’t care less in fact bragged that their recent actions resulted in the club in trouble with UEFA despite warnings before hand. I’m shocked.
    Oh boy this is gonna be good..

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Blame all the folk taking advantage of the £25 tickets.

Sooner they are scrapped the better for loads of reasons.

@hibs.net private member StevieT's Avatar
    I agree with the club here. If I sat in the FF lower (I sit in the upper) I wouldn’t want a group of people taking it upon themselves to stand in front of me and waive the big flags. As for those suggesting people could move, really? In my opinion, the SS were taking this opportunity to say ‘look at us. How good would it be if we were here every game?’ I think the club has done the right thing here

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Blame all the folk taking advantage of the £25 tickets.

Sooner they are scrapped the better for loads of reasons.
    Classic WUM, not helping with the discussion in hand of course

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraz1875 View Post
    Fraz, I think we know each other and if so your post is rubbish. The group were at the front at Greece and Hibs confirmed they know who through the flare and ruled the group out. Stick to facts please.

That's really poor from the club.

I can't see any good reason why they'd do that.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaff View Post
    Classic WUM, not helping with the discussion in hand of course
    Eh? Not at all.

Way too many folk take advantage of it hence the empty seats.

Piss poor.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    I said it previously but £25 is just too cheap IMO. By all means encourage families to attend with lower prices but it looks as though these seats are being bought just incase a child ever wants to attend and at 25 quid it's a tiny outlay, if they were £60 or £70 (which is still great value) it might stop people buying them and hardly ever used.
    Agree 100%.

As for moving the singing section, won’t happen until we have a downturn in form again and ST sales go down.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Motion:

Can we PLEASE stop calling the Singing Section the SS? 😂😂😂

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees3_Sevco2 View Post
    Motion:

Can we PLEASE stop calling the Singing Section the SS? 😂😂😂
    Nein

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    That did not happen though, and there will be people in that section who will not be able to see the game because of folk standing up. There's no getting away from this, and as much as i think this is exactly the place the singing section should be, it needs to be done properly with proper dialogue between both sides and probably the fans reps involved too.
    Exactly. Saw this coming from the original post stating the intention to move where it said the club hadn't been consulted.

I get that it's got to be frustrating not to have communication from the club but short notice mass changes like this won't help the situation. Be persistent in looking to meet with them for changes

I'd hazard a guess that thebanner at the Rangers game won't have helped your cause.

Tend to agree though, it'd be the best spot.