hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

CANCELLED - SS Relocation On Sunday

Regrettably Hibs have decided to block our move to the FF Lower on Sunday despite 90% of this section being unsold and the overwhelming majority of the Hibs support wanting to see this trialed. This included a threat to move any individuals who entered this area - although unsure how they’d identify non-regulars.

Tickets have been cancelled and refunded.

This match presented a great opportunity to trial something different after the club blocked a relocation of season tickets at the beginning of the year.

Despite numerous efforts to meet with the club, we’re no further forward. Hence trying to self organise ourselves, appreciating the club are extremely busy at the moment with European activity.

This feels like a blatant attempt now to keep a specific group of supporters tucked away in the far corner of ER, blocking their freedom and right to buy any unsold seat across the four stands.

We apologise to any supporter who purchased a ticket in Section 18 last night. Hibs have offered to refund these.

We’ll now pause for breath and reevaluate our options.

Thanks for your continued support

Since 1875
    Last edited by Since1875Hibs; 14-08-2018 at 09:19 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Poor form. That FF lower being half empty spoils the look of the place on TV. With a singing / standing section it could look so much better
    Last edited by Steve-O; 14-08-2018 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Poor form. That FF lower being half empty spoils the look of the place on TV. With a singing / standing section it could look so much
    Have to agree , the FF lower is 1 of the focal points of the stadium on TV and all you see is empty seats .

Hopefully something that could be arranged properly with the club for the quarter final 👍

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    While i think its where the singing section should be, i agree with the club here. There will be people who still sit in that area who will have their vision restricted, should have been done with consultation with the club.

Something the fans rep and the singing section might be able to come together and resolve should we progress to the next round and get a home game?

Thanks for sharing. Quite concerned by the apparent lack of commitment to dialogue from the club’s perspective.

As for ‘moving people’ from section 18? Really unsure how the club could even comprehend that strategy. Are they just going to not bother selling at all now in FF lower?

Thank you for your efforts.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    While i think its where the singing section should be, i agree with the club here. There will be people who still sit in that area who will have their vision restricted, should have been done with consultation with the club.

Something the fans rep and the singing section might be able to come together and resolve should we progress to the next round and get a home game?
    Yep, if Since1875 can’t get correspondence from the club after numerous tries then surely the reps exist to bridge the gap. They don’t exactly seem like a proactive pair though.

@hibs.net private member
    Shame. Really shaped up to be a great day. The club are happy to really push the marketing bus when it comes to the group - Time For Heroes, all the ticket advertisements etc but on the other hand appear to disagree with our approach? A face to face sit down would help. Time for the fan reps to bridge the gap as posted abovr.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees3_Sevco2 View Post
    Thanks for sharing. Quite concerned by the apparent lack of commitment to dialogue from the club’s perspective.

As for ‘moving people’ from section 18? Really unsure how the club could even comprehend that strategy. Are they just going to not bother selling at all now in FF lower?

Thank you for your efforts.
    The club is not covering itself in glory with this , pretty shocking tbh

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Since1875Hibs View Post
    Regrettably Hibs have decided to block our move to the FF Lower on Sunday despite 90% of this section being unsold and the overwhelming majority of the Hibs support wanting to see this trialed. This included a threat to move any individuals who entered this area - although unsure how they’d identify non-regulars.

This match presented a great opportunity to trial something different after the club blocked a relocation of season tickets at the beginning of the year.

Despite numerous efforts to meet with the club, we’re no further forward. Hence trying to self organise ourselves, appreciating the club are extremely busy at the moment with European activity.

This feels like a blatant attempt now to keep a specific group of supporters tucked away in the far corner of ER, blocking their freedom and right to buy any unsold seat across the four stands.

We apologise to any supporter who purchased a ticket in Section 18 last night. Hibs have offered to refund these.

Since 1875
    This is very disappointing to read. Someone should be getting a bolocking at ER. The group seemed to have a good relationship with Greg mailer. Hopefully as people have suggested fans reps can get all parties together and resolve this

Honestly pretty shocked to read this, terrible form from the club

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Seems as though it's now club policy for Section 18 to be perpetually empty.

The whole ticketing side of the club is a bit of a farce just now in all honesty. I get the people who work there are trying hard but there clearly isn't enough staff. Every time I have phoned the ticket office this year I have yet to get through. And things like this just highlights the lack of communication even more. It's embarrassing for a club of our size tbh

@hibs.net private member
    Surely you are as entitled to buy seats after the season ticket holding period has ended. Are you saying they are stopping individuals buying in that area or they are blocking you reserving an area. If it is the former the club are in the wrong imo if it is the latter why should you have preference over other supporters.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Given the earache the club got from disappointed fans who had to move from long time ST seats in the FF to accommodate the 1875 group, it’s understandable that they will be reluctant facilitate a move again, even if it’s just for one game.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Very disappointed to read that. That's a poor show from whoever at Hibs has made that decision.

Disappointing decision by the club. As has been mentioned the FF lower is half empty most games and will probably be about a third full for this game.

The club are missing a trick here by not even trialing it IMO however I get the impression they are quite content having the group up in the corner and out of sight IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Surely you are as entitled to buy seats after the season ticket holding period has ended. Are you saying they are stopping individuals buying in that area or they are blocking you reserving an area. If it is the former the club are in the wrong imo if it is the latter why should you have preference over other supporters.
    Both. Whole Lower tier is now blocked from booking completely, tickets bought are cancelled and a threat was made to move anyone out of here if we did not comply.

Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    Yep, if Since1875 can’t get correspondence from the club after numerous tries then surely the reps exist to bridge the gap. They don’t exactly seem like a proactive pair though.
    That’s a very unfair thing to say to be honest, from my experience Frank is very visible on match days around the ground as is Tracey. Tracey is also very active online and I know she sorts ticketing issues for people pretty much daily in amongst everything else. She interacts on a number of different fan sites on all social media platforms, not really sure what more she could do if I’m honest.

It would be nice to hear hibs point of view on the matter. Always 2 sides to every story but currently looking bad on the clubs behalf.

I don't know the time frame that has taken place but if the Singing section took it on themselves to move en masse to a new area then perhaps they should consider how they would have felt if the club, without consultation, decided that they would move them for one game to an area considered unsuitable for themselves?

As has been said the actual move of the SS to behind the goals has great number of positives and so long as the club made provision for a like for like (cost wise) family section then i would agree wholeheartedly with it.

We are FF season ticket holders and have graduated from 2 x £25 to now having one as a youth ticket and so far this season the 9 yr old with the £25 ticket has been on £70 summer camp, full kit, training gear and school equipment adding up to ~£160 from the shop.
    These kids are hooked and it has been a large part down to having these seats, we started with them in the season after relegation as there was a big cry for sticking by the club, i'd be sickened to lose the area to blowhards wanting to come along now we're enjoying a period of success.
    Unfortunately we can't make every game but we do make sure that on the Friday our tickets are released to the club for resale.

Quote Originally Posted by tartanhibee View Post
    It would be nice to hear hibs point of view on the matter. Always 2 sides to every story but currently looking bad on the clubs behalf.
    Would have to agree with this. From the outside looking in, until now, S1875 and the club seem to have worked together well. With hindsight, S1875 maybe should have given the club a heads up, to maintain the good relationship all round.

@hibs.net private member
    Both. Whole Lower tier is now blocked from booking completely, tickets bought are cancelled and a threat was made to move anyone out of here if we did not comply.
    That seems very odd by the club. The lower area is a family section so perhaps they were trying to maintain that but having sat there for a number of years walk ups frequently destroyed the family side, so did some of the ST holders mind you. I'd like to hear the club's reasoning as for a one off game as far as I am concerned you should be entitled to organise yourselves to sit anywhere in the ground and have an equal chance of tickets as anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancehibs View Post
    This is very disappointing to read. Someone should be getting a bolocking at ER. The group seemed to have a good relationship with Greg mailer. Hopefully as people have suggested fans reps can get all parties together and resolve this
    Greig was very pro-active and encouraging when it came to improving the match day experience at E.R regularly hosting fans consultations to see where he could help.

His replacement Laura doesn’t seem to have much interest in the fans if I’m brutally honest.

I thought this was a very interesting and good idea by the SS. Very disappointed to hear the club have blocked it.

By the looks of things Since 1875 bought around 90 tickets for that section which the club have now stated they’ll refund. Bang out of order.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post

If they had bought tickets at the back of that section whose view would it have impeded then ? ...I would like to hear Hibs view on the singing section and their relevance/importance to the club and atmosphere generated.
    Also if they are going to work on some plan with regarda to properly manage the FFLower in terms of the amount child seasons bought for that area and frequently just not used ..are they monitoring the non use and what seats are being put back in for re-distribution when not in use ? And are the prices just too cheap and subsequently too attractive for people not too buy on thebasis they might only be used 2,3 times a season ?
    whatever the position, its an ongoing issue in numerous threads and conversation but also in reality for us moving forward as a club.

That seems very odd by the club. The lower area is a family section so perhaps they were trying to maintain that but having sat there for a number of years walk ups frequently destroyed the family side, so did some of the ST holders mind you. I'd like to hear the club's reasoning as for a one off game as far as I am concerned you should be entitled to organise yourselves to sit anywhere in the ground and have an equal chance of tickets as anyone else.
    I agree with your description of it as not entirely a family section especially on cup games etc.
    Never had bother with our kids in there and as someone else said they're craning their necks to see what the boys (and girls) with the drum are doing. Indeed they were delighted to see them turn up at McDiarmid on Sunday

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoasthibby View Post
    If they had bought tickets at the back of that section whose view would it have impeded then ? ...I would like to hear Hibs view on the singing section and their relevance/importance to the club and atmosphere generated.
    Also if they are going to work on some plan with regarda to properly manage the FFLower in terms of the amount child seasons bought for that area and frequently just not used ..are they monitoring the non use and what seats are being put back in for re-distribution when not in use ? And are the prices just too cheap and subsequently too attractive for people not too buy on thebasis they might only be used 2,3 times a season ?
    whatever the position, its an ongoing issue in numerous threads and conversation but also in reality for us moving forward as a club.
    That did not happen though, and there will be people in that section who will not be able to see the game because of folk standing up. There's no getting away from this, and as much as i think this is exactly the place the singing section should be, it needs to be done properly with proper dialogue between both sides and probably the fans reps involved too.

First Team Regular Heedersnvolleys's Avatar

Since 1875
    Please keep up the good work you are doing and hopefully one day you will get this area as your home.