hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Ryder Cup 2018

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You wouldn’t have known mickelson was there, for all he contributed.
    Think I read somewhere that Mickelson will be the record points loser in the Ryder Cup if he lost his singles march.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Think I read somewhere that Mickelson will be the record points loser in the Ryder Cup if he lost his singles march.

He is, 22 losses, more than any other player is history. Tiger is second most with 21, both surpassed their captain this weekend, who was the previous record holder on 20, tied with mickelson.

@hibs.net private member McSwanky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    He is, 22 losses, more than any other player is history. Tiger is second most with 21, both surpassed their captain this weekend, who was the previous record holder on 20, tied with mickelson.
    To be fair though, he has also played the most games of any American player.

Tiger's overall record (percentage wise) is a good bit worse.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I see that the US harmony pre-match has started to fall apart.

Reed played with Spieth in 2014 and 2016, winning four and halving two of their seven matches, but in Paris he partnered Tiger Woods - losing both fourballs matches before winning his singles match - while Spieth won three points with Justin Thomas.

Reports also suggested Koepka and Johnson, who lost together in Saturday's foursomes, had to be separated following a row at Europe's victory party on Sunday night.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/45717900

Anyone seen the Molinari Fleetwood video - funny

https://www.golfchannel.com/video/fl...est-ryder-cup/

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I feel sorry for the unfortunate woman but at the same time it will open a can of worms if she pursues this incident through the courts. If you attend a golf tournament then surely you accept the risk that something as rare as this could possibly happen. It's no one's fault, it wasn't deliberate and if she succeeds then I can see the day when spectators will be asked to sign a disclaimer when purchasing a ticket. Heaven forbid.

https://www.golf-monthly.co.uk/news/...ght-eye-166357

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    I feel sorry for the unfortunate woman but at the same time it will open a can of worms if she pursues this incident through the courts. If you attend a golf tournament then surely you accept the risk that something as rare as this could possibly happen. It's no one's fault, it wasn't deliberate and if she succeeds then I can see the day when spectators will be asked to sign a disclaimer when purchasing a ticket. Heaven forbid.

Assume there's a disclaimer on the ticket already? By agreeing to the T&C's when buying she'll have given up any chance of suing? Will be amazed if that's not the case.

I've often thought the same about the cricket, if you're not paying attention you dinnae half get a fright when the ball smacks off something in your general vicinity on the other side of the boundary ropes. I've been at a few T20 games and even though the bevvy is flowing you've got to keep your wits about you, it only takes one delivery to do a hell of a damage. I find it nigh on impossible to follow the ball even when I'm not imbibing! :-)
    Last edited by HUTCHYHIBBY; 02-10-2018 at 12:18 PM.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    " Persons entering the Venue do so acknowledging the general risks associated with the game of golf and attending a major golf tournament, including risks associated with errant golf shots."

I seen this elsewhere, apparently it's written on the back of each admission ticket.
    Last edited by Golden Bear; 02-10-2018 at 03:14 PM.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    " Persons entering the Venue do so acknowledging the general risks associated with the game of golf and attending a major golf tournament, including risks associated with errant golf shots."

I seen this elsewhere, apparently it's written on the back of each admission ticket.
    im pretty sure a major injury like this will be dealt with separately, they will have their public liability insurance to cover stuff like this

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    im pretty sure a major injury like this will be dealt with separately, they will have their public liability insurance to cover stuff like this
    Wouldn't surprise me one bit if they're covered for extreme events like this. I also wouldn't be surprised if Koepka reaches out to her, either alone or with others to offer to help her.

How do golf clubs around the UK deal with this? Is every golfer now expected to have insurance incase they injure a fellow player by accident, or are the club liable for any injuries?

@hibs.net private member Godsahibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me one bit if they're covered for extreme events like this. I also wouldn't be surprised if Koepka reaches out to her, either alone or with others to offer to help her.

How do golf clubs around the UK deal with this? Is every golfer now expected to have insurance incase they injure a fellow player by accident, or are the club liable for any injuries?
    The individual is responsible for any injuries. My club offers insurance as part of the membership, I am guessing a lot must offer something similar.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post

like the poster below says, i had to take out insurance at my club for any incidents like this happening, i take the view though if you are going to watch a round of golf there is the chance that you may be hit by a ball, unfortunate yes but these things cant be helped

Every game of golf, whether thru membership or casual play now includes a % of insurance after the case involving the guy at Niddrie Castle I think?

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    You are more at risk of being struck by lightning and seriously injured or worse than a golf ball when playing golf.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    I see a woman got a scud on the bonce at the dunhill today.

Mickelson has really gone down in my estimation.

"The fact is they had brutal rough, almost unplayable, and it's not the way I play," Mickelson told reporters following a first-round 65 at the Safeway Classic, the first event of the 2018-19 PGA Tour season. "I don't play like that. And here I can miss the fairways, i can get shots out of the rough up on the green and it's playable."

Maybe the clue is to hit the fairway and don't go into the rough.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/phi...ste-of-my-time