hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WoreTheGreen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did they no win the battle of the boyne . They’ve won so many wars
    The Battling Boing's I think it was if you want to be historically correct.

All these folk know their history..don't just randomly wave about flags without knowing where they come from or what they represent.

Actually the poppy thieves one in the picture looks like it just came straight out the packet, You can still see the creases.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    Oh, undoubtedly some take the tricolour to Tynie and Ibrox to wind up the bigots who seem to hate Irish Catholics for some reason. I completely agree. It doesn't change the fact that those same fans could make a legitimate argument for carrying the flag. Which is more than the Jambos can do. We're not gonnae agree on this though, so let's not ruin a nice wee thread about the Jambos being weird...

No probs.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    They are an incredibly confused group of people with a serious identity problem and really pish banter. They like to throw about words like 'vermin' and occupy some sort of moral high ground when they're talking about the Old Firm yet they are one of the very, very few clubs in the world who can be said to have a bigoted support themselves.

They also seemingly HATE plastic Irish Celtic fans and yet..

At first looking at the picture, I thought it was a flash back to the Casuals?
    No scarfs no badges, and don't appear to watch the football either????

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    Trading standards mug shot for prosecuting the purveyors of fake Sports Direct gear was the first thought that flashed through my mind.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Is that right? Why only Tynecastle and Ibrox then? There wasn't any at St Johnstone and I never seen any in Greece, Faroes or at home to Motherwell. Don't give me this is our history pish, they're taken for one reason only and thats to wind up the opposing fans and fine you know it
    There was one at St Johnstone - a group of young fans down the front a couple of sections from the Saints fans. Was waved at the saints fans purely to noise them up, but it was a lame sight.

First Team Breakthrough timewilltell's Avatar
    This is a wierd thread....

First Team Breakthrough
    Was talking to my wee cousin who is 22 and goes to a place called Club Tipsy on a Sunday night. It’s a sort of early to mid 20s type of place with all sorts of music that I know nothing about.

It’s maybe not the type of place you’d expect to see a 40-something ex Hearts manager and two of his pals, also presumably Jamboids, on a night out, so you can imagine my wee cousin’s surprise. The three of them are pictured on the club’s facebook page, as below - I think one of them might even be trying the 5-1 gesture.

All pretty tragic really.

https://m.facebook.com/ClubTipsy/pho...4507412649081/

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    The Battling Boing's I think it was if you want to be historically correct.

All these folk know their history..don't just randomly wave about flags without knowing where they come from or what they represent.

Actually the poppy thieves one in the picture looks like it just came straight out the packet, You can still see the creases.
    His Mum might have ironed it for him pre match.

I'm going to stick my neck out here, that picture is no different to us when we take tri colours to Tynecastle and Ibrox and give it the big I am just to wind them up. We cant take moral high ground on pictures like this There I said it.
    Not sure why you quoted my post saying it looked like the stewards head was on backwards in order to say this, I cant see the correlation for the life of me mate

I suppose you have a point HC …. but as another poster said at least our club does have a historical connection with the Irish flag, I don't think the Jambos can say the same about Ulster flags, unless its some sort of half assed Kyle Laughatme tribute. For me I could care less if I never see another tricolour at ER … there's plenty of Green & White options out there if folk want to wave a flag … the Green & White saltire being my favourite and of course the Nigerian flag is bang on, especially considering we have a Nigerian in the team.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    I'm going to stick my neck out here, that picture is no different to us when we take tri colours to Tynecastle and Ibrox and give it the big I am just to wind them up. We cant take moral high ground on pictures like this There I said it.
    You've missed my point big time, I'm not taking any moral stance on this photo, I'm saying that they seem to loathe Celtic for being 'plastic paddies' and yet they have a few plastic Irish of their own.

And I definitely wouldn't say there is anything plastic or offensive in taking an Irish tricolour when you support a team called Hibernian

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I was talking about this to my mate on Sunday. I remember Naismith as a hard working player who wasn't afraid of a challenge and to be fair to him was always pretty effective on the pitch. But the version who plays for them is a dirty wee scrote who just cant help leaving a foot in or putting a sly wee stamp on another player with the ball yards away…. you have to wonder how long it will be before the other players in the league decide its time to give a bit back because if you include this last game he could have been punished retrospectively by the SPFL a number of times and for some reason hasn't been.

If he tries that stuff with Ryan Porteous he better hope the kid stays down, I don't think I've see a Hibs defender slam into tackles like him since the days of Eric Schaedler or latterly Willie Miller.
    the Bingham keelie, (Willie Miller) would not give him time to impose himself or his style on such a game.

I'm going to stick my neck out here,
    not like you Hermit. there I said it

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I feel a bit sorry for them at times. When they’re not watching their own team play turgid hoof ball, they turn on the tv and see their city rivals playing a brand of football they can only dream about. They have to pretend to hate the proclaimers because they’re hibs fans. They think the cardigan is the ideal choice for a smart casual affair. They no matter what the weather have to hand wash the rover 75 in their Barberton drive ways every Sunday. The highest their aspirations ever reach is affording a house in balerno. They’re only holiday is a week down in Eyemouth with George and Isa for the couple swapping. And they have to live with the constant nagging disappointment that they didn’t make it onto the committee of the local bowling club.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    surprisingly, the age group looks 19/20 max. in the photie

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I feel a bit sorry for them at times. When they’re not watching their own team play turgid hoof ball, they turn on the tv and see their city rivals playing a brand of football they can only dream about. They have to pretend to hate the proclaimers because they’re hibs fans. They think the cardigan is the ideal choice for a smart casual affair. They no matter what the weather have to hand wash the rover 75 in their Barberton drive ways every Sunday. The highest their aspirations ever reach is affording a house in balerno. They’re only holiday is a week down in Eyemouth with George and Isa for the couple swapping. And they have to live with the constant nagging disappointment that they didn’t make it onto the committee of the local bowling club.
    take care, you might be in that bracket some day

I think Keekaboo has a valid point though, they are allowed to be far too close for comfort, to players from any opposition in the league. It will unnerve a lot of young players and no doubt it is designed as such but are there any rules on this? there are historical instances with this issue and the particular one that springs to mind was Fan v Lennon, with no protection initially by stewards.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by skankomcphee View Post
    Was talking to my wee cousin who is 22 and goes to a place called Club Tipsy on a Sunday night. It’s a sort of early to mid 20s type of place with all sorts of music that I know nothing about.

It’s maybe not the type of place you’d expect to see a 40-something ex Hearts manager and two of his pals, also presumably Jamboids, on a night out, so you can imagine my wee cousin’s surprise. The three of them are pictured on the club’s facebook page, as below - I think one of them might even be trying the 5-1 gesture.

I have made the appropriate comment!

A lot of them are complete and utter morons. How many other grounds do you see folk hanging over the barrier screaming in players faces because they are going to take a throw in? Holding onto the ball then throwing it away? Aresholes. The stewards are as bad because they allow it.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by skankomcphee View Post

I'm 29 and would feel awkward there, why he is there is something I don't want to know.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Is that right? Why only Tynecastle and Ibrox then? There wasn't any at St Johnstone and I never seen any in Greece, Faroes or at home to Motherwell. Don't give me this is our history pish, they're taken for one reason only and thats to wind up the opposing fans and fine you know it

There was a big tricolour at the front of the stand. It was waved quite a lot - you might not have seen the flag but may have heard the Tractordrivers response of "What the ****in hell is that?"

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    They’re trying I suppose, but might need to accept at some point that they can’t really do football songs.

Left by mutual consent!
    Had to laugh at the "What's the drummer doing Tom?" comment 😆

Left by mutual consent!
    Why don’t they know any lyrics until the last two lines? Weird.

Left by mutual consent!
    I find Hibs fans just as weird.

Probably an Edinburgh thing.

Good grief

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    They’ll only have until this weekend to be singing this song. Terrible lyrics but quite a catchy tune

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    They’ll only have until this weekend to be singing this song. Terrible lyrics but quite a catchy tune
    It is, too bad it's Celtic's.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar

Very! Theres grown men there signing that....

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    It is, too bad it's Celtic's.
    Didn’t know that. Thinks like IRA etc don’t belong in football