hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I've never liked them. Have nothing to do with them.

Always found the ones i was forced to be in the company of to be... well... ********s.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Aerosols

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    you might be drinking in some nice boozers, mixing with some nice gorgie minded chaps around your/my age but do ever notice some subtle snidey remarks from these nice chaps?
    Yes they have had the Sinday remarks since Romanov. Long before they went bust I met some in a pub in Leith and they giving it the big one. I said I would rather be financially solvent than be in hoc to a Lithuanian bank with the possibility of losing everything. They looked at me blankly. How close it came to that!

They've always been like that.

This season in particular they are revelling in the 'no one likes us' Millwall thing. For a while now Leveins antics have annoyed most of the Scottish football media, and the club just aren't that popular with other teams fans, who see them for what they are. Also, most pundits were roundly mocking hertz' pre season transfer policy pre season of signing anyone they could find with a pulse and predicting another season behind their local rivals.

Now the seasons started, hey've hammered Hamilton away 4-1 and beat Celtic at home 1-0, two very good results, and their signings don't look as bad as we were being told. And they are wasting no time in telling the world about it.

It's only two games. When they've won their first ten games and haven't sacked their manager, then I'll start worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    It gives them an unfair advantage if u ask me, must be the closest in Britain to the pitch
    Could be as a result of their poor small pitch. Nae room between pitch and "fans". Got to squeeze their 400,000 in somehow.

I think they’re the worst in Scotland in terms of abusing and attacking opposition players/managers. Personally think it’s small man mentality, they give it the big I am to players they know aren’t going to retaliate. Sad and pathetic creatures.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    No they're not.

They already maxed out on being weird, it's just that now they're coming back out from under their stones following their first two results.

They are still in our wake and I don't expect that to change this season. Two wins do not a football season make and given that the second one entailed 5 yellow cards in that game alone they will struggle to sustain that level of fouling their way to parity throughout a season as they constantly lose players to suspension.

They're strapped for cash and there's no doubt that the siege mentality is a deliberate messaging campaign to bind the support to the club as cover for their broader problems. The whole stadium debacle tells you everything you need to know both about how poorly run the place is and the shortage of funding available to provide proper strategic planning, investment and delivery.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    They are an incredibly confused group of people with a serious identity problem and really pish banter. They like to throw about words like 'vermin' and occupy some sort of moral high ground when they're talking about the Old Firm yet they are one of the very, very few clubs in the world who can be said to have a bigoted support themselves.

They also seemingly HATE plastic Irish Celtic fans and yet..

Come on, let’s be fair.

If our entire songbook/enjoyment/existence was based around one result against them coupled with the fact they hadn’t won a particular trophy in a long time.. only for it all to go to pot, with them rising high above us in every sense... we would be the exact same :)

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    I think they’re the worst in Scotland in terms of abusing and attacking opposition players/managers. Personally think it’s small man mentality, they give it the big I am to players they know aren’t going to retaliate. Sad and pathetic creatures.
    And they continually get away with it. The SFA really need to do something here before it gets out of hand. Animals.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    And they continually get away with it. The SFA really need to do something here before it gets out of hand. Animals.
    I agree only a matter of time before a player gets a sore one from being too close to the fans. The number of times the ball is thrown at a player or hysterically thrown away from a player is embarrassing and it appears stewards/police do nothing about it. Their ball boys are obviously trained to really slowly walk with the ball and hand it over rather than throwing it to an opposition player.

Personally think the first 2 rows should be removed in all the stands due to safety of the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    They are an incredibly confused group of people with a serious identity problem and really pish banter. They like to throw about words like 'vermin' and occupy some sort of moral high ground when they're talking about the Old Firm yet they are one of the very, very few clubs in the world who can be said to have a bigoted support themselves.

To be fair even their stewards are bloody weird ….. one of them in that picture appears to have his head on backwards

@hibs.net private member
    I know it doesn’t hold much weight coming from me but I watched that game on Saturday and did think they were worse than normal. As soon as a balls near the touch line they’re leaning over the wall to shout and spit abuse - no matter who. I get Griffiths to an extent but it was everyone.

Translated onto the pitch as well - I can’t remember Naismith ever being so “mental”.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I know it doesn’t hold much weight coming from me but I watched that game on Saturday and did think they were worse than normal. As soon as a balls near the touch line they’re leaning over the wall to shout and spit abuse - no matter who. I get Griffiths to an extent but it was everyone.

Translated onto the pitch as well - I can’t remember Naismith ever being so “mental”.
    I was talking about this to my mate on Sunday. I remember Naismith as a hard working player who wasn't afraid of a challenge and to be fair to him was always pretty effective on the pitch. But the version who plays for them is a dirty wee scrote who just cant help leaving a foot in or putting a sly wee stamp on another player with the ball yards away…. you have to wonder how long it will be before the other players in the league decide its time to give a bit back because if you include this last game he could have been punished retrospectively by the SPFL a number of times and for some reason hasn't been.

If he tries that stuff with Ryan Porteous he better hope the kid stays down, I don't think I've see a Hibs defender slam into tackles like him since the days of Eric Schaedler or latterly Willie Miller.

@hibs.net private member
    They certainly have more than their fair share of bitter and obsessed fans although I think we have a few as well judging by the number of "look what they are saying on kickback" threads that appear on here.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    I agree only a matter of time before a player gets a sore one from being too close to the fans. The number of times the ball is thrown at a player or hysterically thrown away from a player is embarrassing and it appears stewards/police do nothing about it. Their ball boys are obviously trained to really slowly walk with the ball and hand it over rather than throwing it to an opposition player.

Personally think the first 2 rows should be removed in all the stands due to safety of the players.

I think the SFA/SPFL should insist on a minimum of 5 yards between the fans and the pitch. There's no way that's the case currently at Tineycastle.

It's either that or make them put the fences back up.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    To be fair even their stewards are bloody weird ….. one of them in that picture appears to have his head on backwards

I'm going to stick my neck out here, that picture is no different to us when we take tri colours to Tynecastle and Ibrox and give it the big I am just to wind them up. We cant take moral high ground on pictures like this There I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I'm going to stick my neck out here, that picture is no different to us when we take tri colours to Tynecastle and Ibrox and give it the big I am just to wind them up. We cant take moral high ground on pictures like this There I said it.
    And it was worth saying. We don't want a few idiots dragging our club into that sort of outdated nonsense.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member
    Maybe. Might just be more obvious at their wee ground - less hiding places.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    And it was worth saying. We don't want a few idiots dragging our club into that sort of outdated nonsense.

Cheers, I fully expected to get slaughtered for that. Fully agree with your second sentence as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post

Check the state of the two's arms in front the flag. Looks like their being controlled by puppet masters in bridgeton.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    Maybe. Might just be more obvious at their wee ground - less hiding places.

Nah, it seems like people go out their way to take these things to these grounds with the sole purpose of waving it at opposing fans instead of watching the game.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    I'm the same. The less of this we see the better.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member
    Nah, it seems like people go out their way to take these things to these grounds with the sole purpose of waving it at opposing fans instead of watching the game.
    Sorry just realised you were talking about flags. I was meaning the mental behaviour of their fans in leaning over and going radge at anyone within 10 metres.

Quote Originally Posted by adhibs View Post
    Check the state of the two's arms in front the flag. Looks like their being controlled by puppet masters in bridgeton.
    Not a scarf in sight

It is completely different - Hearts have no historical links with Northern Ireland, Hibs fans have very legitimate reasons for flying the Irish flag should they wish to do so (whether you like it or not).

I couldn't let it go, but you started it 😁. Now, can the thread go back to discussing the weirdness of the Jambos?

Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    It is completely different - Hearts have no historical links with Northern Ireland, Hibs fans have very legitimate reasons for flying the Irish flag should they wish to do so (whether you like it or not).

I couldn't let it go, but you started it ��. Now, can the thread go back to discussing the weirdness of the Jambos?

Is that right? Why only Tynecastle and Ibrox then? There wasn't any at St Johnstone and I never seen any in Greece, Faroes or at home to Motherwell. Don't give me this is our history pish, they're taken for one reason only and thats to wind up the opposing fans and fine you know it

Here we go!

Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post

I couldn't let it go, but you started it 😁. Now, can the thread go back to discussing the weirdness of the Jambos?
    Did they no win the battle of the boyne . They’ve won so many wars

Is that right? Why only Tynecastle and Ibrox then? There wasn't any at St Johnstone and I never seen any in Greece, Faroes or at home to Motherwell. Don't give me this is our history pish, they're taken for one reason only and thats to wind up the opposing fans and fine you know it
    Oh, undoubtedly some take the tricolour to Tynie and Ibrox to wind up the bigots who seem to hate Irish Catholics for some reason. I completely agree. It doesn't change the fact that those same fans could make a legitimate argument for carrying the flag. Which is more than the Jambos can do. We're not gonnae agree on this though, so let's not ruin a nice wee thread about the Jambos being weird...