hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough

Are Hearts fans getting weirder?

I find myself asking the question having watched the highlights of their win over Celtic.

The vitriol exhibited by three middle aged Jambos who looked close to bursting a blood vessel in straining to shower abuse upon Kieran Tierney, probably the least offensive Celtic player on the pitch, was just bizarre. The spectacle a female Jambo made of herself in seeking to denigrate Leigh Griffiths was extremely odd.

And then there is the adulation shown towards their talismanic goal scorer, Kyle Lafferty. I had a big sigh of relief when he stood Lennon up and signed for the Jambos instead. While Stokes may have not left Easter Road in the way we would have hoped I still remain relieved that he ended up at Easter Road ahead of Lafferty. I would have been embarrassed to see Lafferty up to some of his on field antics while wearing the green and white of Hibernian.

So, a rather curious bunch. Sparryheids, the phrase coined by Irvine Welsh all those years ago, has never been more relevant.

2. Log in to remove the advert

They're just asking for trouble having their supporters so close to the pitch and being able to get right in the faces of the opposition. They are a right ugly bunch as well.

@hibs.net private member Monktonhall 7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skankomcphee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I find myself asking the question having watched the highlights of their win over Celtic.

The vitriol exhibited by three middle aged Jambos who looked close to bursting a blood vessel in straining to shower abuse upon Kieran Tierney, probably the least offensive Celtic player on the pitch, was just bizarre. The spectacle a female Jambo made of herself in seeking to denigrate Leigh Griffiths was extremely odd.

And then there is the adulation shown towards their talismanic goal scorer, Kyle Lafferty. I had a big sigh of relief when he stood Lennon up and signed for the Jambos instead. While Stokes may have not left Easter Road in the way we would have hoped I still remain relieved that he ended up at Easter Road ahead of Lafferty. I would have been embarrassed to see Lafferty up to some of his on field antics while wearing the green and white of Hibernian.

So, a rather curious bunch. Sparryheids, the phrase coined by Irvine Welsh all those years ago, has never been more relevant.
    I said exactly that to my mate yesterday. The Coaching staff, backroom staff, players and their crowd are all the same. I don’t think you see that anger at any other club, but then watching that is hardly going to put you in a good mood. Bash,hoof, bash, booking, hoof etc etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    They're just asking for trouble having their supporters so close to the pitch and being able to get right in the faces of the opposition. They are a right ugly bunch as well.
    It gives them an unfair advantage if u ask me, must be the closest in Britain to the pitch

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    The day Laffatme feigned injury by suggesting Charlie Mulgrew headbutted him is the day i wrote him off there and then as a footballer and as an individual

A horrible horrible player that is is fueled with so much venom and hatred towards every other player , He's a cheat , But then so is pretty much every other hearts player

Despicable human being

@hibs.net private member Simkin911's Avatar
    Yes

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyAndy View Post
    The day Laffatme feigned injury by suggesting Charlie Mulgrew headbutted him is the day i wrote him off there and then as a footballer and as an individual

A horrible horrible player that is is fueled with so much venom and hatred towards every other player , He's a cheat , But then so is pretty much every other hearts player

Despicable human being
    When he blocked off a couple of disabled bays by parking his fancy limo across them I was pretty annoyed.
    Had I been given the opportunity I would have ensured he qualified to park in one in future.

To answer the original question posed, yes, the ‘bigteamers’ grow ever weirder, and for some reason ever more furious.

Undoubtedly they are.

There is a very weird and disturbing thread on kickback about 2 teenage fans who climbed over some seats in the main stand after the game, got involved in an altercation with two older men, and ended up bloodied and battered.

The mother of one of them has posted, the implication is that the men were certainly Hearts fans. Now in the hands of the police. What sort of cretins would set about young lads, regardless of whether they supported the same team or not, which seemed to be the case here.

Quote Originally Posted by skankomcphee View Post

They really are.

For a Celtic player, I quite like Tierney - seems like a genuine, likeable fan living his dream, and isn’t really a dick about it either. Not a guy I would go out of my way to spit vitriol at anyway.

Sparky loves the rage he brings out in the Jambos. They do seem like such an angry bunch these days though. Maybe singing the songs their hun pals across the M8 sing more often, has metamorphosed them into similar, angry and hateful individuals.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    P.S This song they have and sung yesterday along the lines of 'the gorgie boys are going to europe ' , How utterly cringeworthy considering they aren't in Europe but there BIG rivals are

They really are a weird bunch

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    I don't think it's possible.

It's like asking if dug jobbies in the street are getting browner. Some developmental changes but they're still jobbies.

There were a great many similar looking bloated faces in the crowd against celtc but the only real difference is how like the team formerly known as Glasgow rangers they are becoming. It's bizarrely at odds with the good doctor's vision but there you go.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Greenfly's Avatar
    Are Hearts fans getting weirder?

No - they've always been very weird - it's just that there's so much more football on TV nowadays, social media, cameras in every phone etc. that they appear to be more weird. But the truth is they always have been ... and likely always will be ... I expect it's genetic.

Obsessive weirdos who have become increasingly desperate as the realisation has hit that the fantasy football era is over and their big team pretensions have been disproven.

A couple of generations of Hearts fans know they will never have it so good again and it understandably hurts. It's led to increasingly strange ways to prove they are 'big' and it's turned them into an even angrier bunch.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees3_Sevco2 View Post
    For a Celtic player, I quite like Tierney - seems like a genuine, likeable fan living his dream, and isn’t really a dick about it either. Not a guy I would go out of my way to spit vitriol at anyway.
    Hard to argue with any of that - for a young, talented player he seems to have his head completely screwed on the right way - consistently goes out of his way with autographs, selfies etc. Exactly the type of player you want on your side really.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    Hard to argue with any of that - for a young, talented player he seems to have his head completely screwed on the right way - consistently goes out of his way with autographs, selfies etc. Exactly the type of player you want on your side really.
    All true - but he's a Taig.

They certainly seem to be emerging from under their stones again, to listen to them you'd think they were going to win the league, The Grand Slam, The Ashes and The Boat Race!

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    All true - but he's a Taig.
    I suppose that’s the only rational for Hearts and Sevco fans that matters. Honestly quite unsettled by what seems to be a growing sectarian element within a Hearts minority. We have to live with them too.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees3_Sevco2 View Post
    I suppose that’s the only rational for Hearts and Sevco fans that matters. Honestly quite unsettled by what seems to be a growing sectarian element within a Hearts minority. We have to live with them too.
    100% they are getting worse and their new ‘Gorgie Boys’ (congratulations on buying a drum 5 years later btw) are not going to help that slide I don’t think. A video from the concourse on Sat was them all singing a new Lafferty song about him hating the IRA whilst waving Union Jacks all over the place. If Tynecastle wasn’t so distinctively shan looking then you would genuinely think the video was from Ibrox. Yet they call us mini Celtic. Nae bother

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Think it depends what section of jambos you get - the slightly older ones are, IMO, ok. These guys have seen it all, including when we had the better of them years ago. I would class them as "normal" football fans.

Its the younger ones that see us as "vermin" "****" or whatever that are kinda worrying. These are the types that in some cases are verging on hard right, loyalist bampots.

These bams think they are in some weird way superior - like I say, it almost feels a far right thing, whether that is design or just their mindset, I dont know?

There are plenty of them to be seen when we are at tynecastle, and their levels of hate for us and celtic is verging on obsessive. Some of the stuff on twitter is beyond belief.

That they have now got themselves semi organised is perhaps even more worrying as individual radges can be dismissed, but groups of them can cause bother.

I don’t think they are getting more weird. They’re just getting more Rangers.

Red hand flags, Union Jacks at every turn, songs about fenians, flutes and the IRA. I don’t see the relevance with all of that and a football team in 2018 from Edinburgh, other than to impress their big brothers who they obviously have wigwams in their trousers for. How cute.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    They certainly seem to be emerging from under their stones again, to listen to them you'd think they were going to win the league, The Grand Slam, The Ashes and The Boat Race!
    Its quite heartwarming to see the faces less contorted knowing full well as the season goes on then reality will sink in. I think their delusion gets stronger by the day and, equate them to the worst fringes of trump supporters. Totally oblivious to how ridiculous they look and when things go Pete tong it's somebody else's fault. Loonies.

Since we destroyed their song book, they’ve replaced it with 1 song about a derby run from quarter of a century ago, and the rest with sectarian undertones. Apparently this new singing section is being monitored by the club - won’t be long until Budge shuts it doon 👍🏼

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Think it depends what section of jambos you get - the slightly older ones are, IMO, ok. These guys have seen it all, including when we had the better of them years ago. I would class them as "normal" football fans
    you might be drinking in some nice boozers, mixing with some nice gorgie minded chaps around your/my age but do ever notice some subtle snidey remarks from these nice chaps?

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Always been a bunch of arrogant fools. Their young fans are even more Hunnish than before though. Deluded idiots almost to a man and it has to be said, wimps. Not to be taken seriously.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wallpaperman View Post
    Undoubtedly they are.

There is a very weird and disturbing thread on kickback about 2 teenage fans who climbed over some seats in the main stand after the game, got involved in an altercation with two older men, and ended up bloodied and battered.

The mother of one of them has posted, the implication is that the men were certainly Hearts fans. Now in the hands of the police. What sort of cretins would set about young lads, regardless of whether they supported the same team or not, which seemed to be the case here.

Just read that thread, all very bizarre stuff it has to be said.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    It gives them an unfair advantage if u ask me, must be the closest in Britain to the pitch
    It's an advantage, but it isn't an unfair one.

Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    100% they are getting worse and their new ‘Gorgie Boys’ (congratulations on buying a drum 5 years later btw) are not going to help that slide I don’t think. A video from the concourse on Sat was them all singing a new Lafferty song about him hating the IRA whilst waving Union Jacks all over the place. If Tynecastle wasn’t so distinctively shan looking then you would genuinely think the video was from Ibrox. Yet they call us mini Celtic. Nae bother
    I find that kind of sad in a way. The Jambos I know, who to be fair are all in their 40s or older, never gave me the impression that they wanted to get involved in this nonsense and certainly don't want to see it at Hearts games.

In the past I've railed against any sign of us going down the route of bringing the bad old days back to Easter Road, for no other reason than I could see a reaction to it across the city, turning the Edinburgh derby into a poor man's version of Glasgow's bigot fest. Now there seems to be a growing trend for the younger Hearts fans to turn their club into a mini The Rangers which appears to be growing. All I would say to Hibs fans, and especially our younger crew who have done a great job in recent years, is if this does become 'a thing' with the Hearts fans then please don't react to it in kind … we are better and cleverer than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    I don’t think they are getting more weird. They’re just getting more Rangers.

Red hand flags, Union Jacks at every turn, songs about fenians, flutes and the IRA. I don’t see the relevance with all of that and a football team in 2018 from Edinburgh, other than to impress their big brothers who they obviously have wigwams in their trousers for. How cute.
    This.

They are definitely getting more and more like Rangers, which I do not understand as Rangers are the least cool football club in the world that are hated by everyone?

Testimonial Due capitals_finest's Avatar
    They are like the school bullies shan mate, the one that s******s at everything but hides behind their back.

They are, quite simply, odd and different from anyone else (although their blue cousins are an altogether different and worrying species).