hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    They’ve copied the Stuart Armstrong song from Celtic, kept most of it the same but added in a line about the IRA, as you do.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Not sure if it's a backlash against Budge or whatever, but there are a lot more young bigots in their support now, who seem hellbent on turning them into an Edinburgh Rangers supporters club. Pathetic really.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not sure if it's a backlash against Budge or whatever, but there are a lot more young bigots in their support now, who seem hellbent on turning them into an Edinburgh Rangers supporters club. Pathetic really.

She won't put up with that, as soon as they really step out of line she'll ban them, in fact I wouldn't put it past her to close section G or N if their behaviour is that bad.

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: PickYouUp
    Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    They’ve copied the Stuart Armstrong song from Celtic, kept most of it the same but added in a line about the IRA, as you do.
    Sure it’s something about lafferty hating the IRA.. think they had one last season for Cowie that they mentioned the IRA in as well. Just diet huns really

Quote Originally Posted by woodyhfc4892 View Post
    Sure it’s something about lafferty hating the IRA.. think they had one last season for Cowie that they mentioned the IRA in as well. Just diet huns really
    To be fair, most of their songs used to be about us but that went oot the windae on 21.5.16, so it's only natural they should change the focus of their hatred to a defunct paramilitary organisation. Hopefully it will remain a shabby wee minority who indulge.

Left by mutual consent!
    They are the club that admits their entire operating ethos is "we don't get beaten by Hibs". Is it any wonder they are in such meltdown?

Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    To be fair, most of their songs used to be about us but that went oot the windae on 21.5.16, so it's only natural they should change the focus of their hatred to a defunct paramilitary organisation. Hopefully it will remain a shabby wee minority who indulge.
    It's a good thing that their chants are bedded so deeply in ancient history. Hopefully some future chants featuring Boudica, the Boxer Insurgency, the Hussites, the Shimabara Rebellion or The Li Zicheng Uprising - keep up the historical content, great education for d'yoot.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    His Mum might have ironed it for him pre match.
    In fairness, he did have a go himself, but kept falling off the flagpole.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Murray View Post
    In fairness, he did have a go himself, but kept falling off the flagpole.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    She won't put up with that, as soon as they really step out of line she'll ban them, in fact I wouldn't put it past her to close section G or N if their behaviour is that bad.
    You think. Seem to remember she wasnt shy at having a pop about Celtic re their song book just after she took over yet has conveniently gone quiet with her own fans. Quite disappointing as it does need more owners / leaders to speak out about this. Would prefer strict liability for clubs rather than the slow progression back to the abhorrent songs of the past raising their heads as they are clearly doing.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    You think. Seem to remember she wasnt shy at having a pop about Celtic re their song book just after she took over yet has conveniently gone quiet with her own fans. Quite disappointing as it does need more owners / leaders to speak out about this. Would prefer strict liability for clubs rather than the slow progression back to the abhorrent songs of the past raising their heads as they are clearly doing.
    Agree on the strict liability.

Start with a couple of warnings, then a couple of fines, and finally points deductions.

Only the hard core idiots will be left singing, which will make it easier for clubs to ban them.

And the rest of us can enjoy football in the 21st century.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Irrelevant

Have said it before so will say this one more time they are not just ****ing weird they are in fact
    Irrelevant.

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    They seem to be wetting themselves in delight at us getting knocked out tonight.

How did Hearts get on in Europe this season? Anyone?

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan91 View Post
    They seem to be wetting themselves in delight at us getting knocked out tonight.

Lafferty managed 10 pints in one night in a bar in Magaluf or so I heard.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

I think they were so traumatised after capitulating to a part time team from Malta in the first round the last time around that they are secretly delighted they won 6th place in the league and managed to avoid European football. Focusing on their quest for the league cup and fiddling wins against the likes of Cove Rangers is the future..

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Lafferty managed 10 pints in one night in a bar in Magaluf or so I heard.
    A fine achievement, gosh how I wish we had some ex-Hun huddy that could do the same at Hibs.

We can only look on in amazement at our pink chums from Gorgie.

It's when we start getting beaten at home with dish washers,barmen and fishermen from Malta then we can start worrying.

It's very strange. I have no issue with them sitting willing us out of the competition every game we played, as we would be exactly the same.

But there's a whole thread dedicated to us and how they're feeling about the result with numerous posts.. also the referencing to us "hibsing" it etc, all very weird. Fair enough if it was the part time faroes team that smashed us out. But we went out 2-0 away from home to a relatively decent European outfit, and did well to get as close as we did to the playoffs. Surely this is just kickback as opposed to the general jambo population... as while I've no doubt we on Hibs.net would all be happy that their european journey was finally over... I can't think for a second we'd be going to the lengths they are over there.

We gave a good account of ourselves. I think they're making more of our result last night than we did over their embarrassing exit 2 years ago

Very weird indeed.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    It's very strange. I have no issue with them sitting willing us out of the competition every game we played, as we would be exactly the same.

But there's a whole thread dedicated to us and how they're feeling about the result with numerous posts.. also the referencing to us "hibsing" it etc, all very weird. Fair enough if it was the part time faroes team that smashed us out. But we went out 2-0 away from home to a relatively decent European outfit, and did well to get as close as we did to the playoffs. Surely this is just kickback as opposed to the general jambo population... as while I've no doubt we on Hibs.net would all be happy that their european journey was finally over... I can't think for a second we'd be going to the lengths they are over there.

We gave a good account of ourselves. I think they're making more of our result last night than we did over their embarrassing exit 2 years ago

Very weird indeed.
    At least they have one thing that unites them, because scratch the surface and that is one dysfunctional bunch of supporters. About to get another kick in the nads with Lafferty signing off.

This will be the amusing season, as they slowly realise that there has been a seismic shift in the balance of power in Edinburgh football. Without Berra, without Lafferty they will be easily beaten.

No Lafferty (in the next few days), no Berra, yet they are going to smash the league apparently.

Oh ma sides............

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Genuinely had a Jambo tell me Lafferty won’t leave cause he loves it at hearts...

Aye right pal, that’s why his representatives met with hearts to discuss his future

Promising Youngster biggineurope's Avatar
    Always been weird................... dazed,confused,disillusioned, oh aye and extremely PLUG UGG.