hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumHibs07 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    S1875 should boycott the game, see how the club like it when the FF is three quarters empty in a silent stadium.
    That's not going to reconcile things.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i didn't realise it was only £25 for a kids ST, it's £25/game for an adult walk-up now, a £25 ST even if it is for a kid is seriously cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    From what I can gather, it was always the Singing Section's suggestion to be right behind the goals in the lower tier, but the club stuck them up in the top corner instead. Now they are trapped between a wall of perspex on one side, corporate seats on the other side, and the family section in front of them – there honestly couldn't be a worse place to put them for growing the section or spreading the noise around the ground. They can't even spread it in the FF Stand.

They should get special treatment IMO, given how important they are to the overall matchday experience, and even the direct success of the team.
    They are no more, or less, important to the success of the team than any other fan that ponies up for a ST and attends as often as they can.

And I'm also sure the "Since 1875" guys themselves wouldn't like to be considered as "special" by the club or anyone else, that wouldn't seem to fit with their ethos as I understand it.

If the club is going to keep the family section where it has been for a long time then the singing section will be staying where it is I reckon. The issue of the potential misuse of the £25 season tickets does need addressed though.

First Team Regular Heedersnvolleys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    And that’s what they got. And now they’re not happy and they want to move again - like I said, where does it stop?

Looking at it from the outside, Hibs have already bent over to accommodate them on more than one occasion and have acted this time when without any discussion they’ve taken it upon themselves to move on mass into a section of the stadium that’s a designated family area. Now they are greeting because Hibs have stopped that happening.
    Of course they are not happy. If it’s not where they want to be you surely don’t expect them to shut up and get on with it. I think with the numbers we are likely to get on Sunday the club could have came to a solution where a one off experiment let the singing section in that area to see how it went. I am sure the kids in there would love it 😊

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    i didn't realise it was only £25 for a kids ST, it's £25/game for an adult walk-up now, a £25 ST even if it is for a kid is seriously cheap
    It is cheap and our Club should be getting plaudits for making it cheaper for families to attend rather than criticism. Every time we play an away game where kids get greatly reduced or even free entry there are posts praising them and asking why Hibs can’t do something similar.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    It is cheap and our Club should be getting plaudits for making it cheaper for families to attend rather than criticism. Every time we play an away game where kids get greatly reduced or even free entry there are posts praising them and asking why Hibs can’t do something similar.
    I think the issue is that alot of the time they aren't actually attending going by the number of empty seats in the area where it should be almost full. I would suggest this is happening because £25 is too cheap and it makes it easy just to purchase a kid's ticket even if the likelihood is they won't even attend half the time but it's available just incase and for the big games.

And that’s what they got. And now they’re not happy and they want to move again - like I said, where does it stop?

Looking at it from the outside, Hibs have already bent over to accommodate them on more than one occasion and have acted this time when without any discussion they’ve taken it upon themselves to move on mass into a section of the stadium that’s a designated family area. Now they are greeting because Hibs have stopped that happening.
    No, it’s not. They’ve not been accommodated more than once already. They were stuck I. The worst possible place due to asking for a move behind the goals.

Do you or I have to ask permission where we can sit on Sunday?
    Do you or I face removal from the ground if we dare to buy a ticket in a place the club don’t like?
    Are the club quite happy to take single adult money vs hearts when they resell a child’s ST seat who isn’t going?

I’m not saying the long term solution is simple, it’s not, however what they’re doing for this game is totally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Heedersnvolleys View Post
    Of course they are not happy. If it’s not where they want to be you surely don’t expect them to shut up and get on with it. I think with the numbers we are likely to get on Sunday the club could have came to a solution where a one off experiment let the singing section in that area to see how it went. I am sure the kids in there would love it ��
    Playing devils advocate here, it’s only been a year since the singing section worked with the club to move to that mutually agreed area and have long standing season ticket holders in there moved without consultation. It makes the clubs lack of willingness to cause even more disruption understandable even though you may not think it’s the right decision
    Any move to another area really does need communication and understanding from all sides to find a way forward. The guys in the singing section have been doing a great job this season, long may it continue. Given the comment on here from some of the guys themselves they seem more than willing to talk this through properly with the club.
    Last edited by marinello59; 15-08-2018 at 09:52 AM.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Seems to me the club has made its position clear?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Seems to me the club has made its position clear?
    They’ve made it clear that the family section will be staying where it is. Maybe a move back to the East would be possible though? Not sure if that suits the guys but the more options out there the better.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    From what I can gather, it was always the Singing Section's suggestion to be right behind the goals in the lower tier, but the club stuck them up in the top corner instead. Now they are trapped between a wall of perspex on one side, corporate seats on the other side, and the family section in front of them – there honestly couldn't be a worse place to put them for growing the section or spreading the noise around the ground. They can't even spread it in the FF Stand.

They should get special treatment IMO, given how important they are to the overall matchday experience, and even the direct success of the team.
    They don't have corporate seats next to them.
    The family section isn't in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    I don't think the current location of the singing section is great but the i think the clubs statement on the issue was bang on.
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    They are no more, or less, important to the success of the team than any other fan that ponies up for a ST and attends as often as they can.

And I'm also sure the "Since 1875" guys themselves wouldn't like to be considered as "special" by the club or anyone else, that wouldn't seem to fit with their ethos as I understand it.

If the club is going to keep the family section where it has been for a long time then the singing section will be staying where it is I reckon. The issue of the potential misuse of the £25 season tickets does need addressed though.
    It is being looked into as mentioned previously on this thread and on numerous others.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    I think the issue is that alot of the time they aren't actually attending going by the number of empty seats in the area where it should be almost full. I would suggest this is happening because £25 is too cheap and it makes it easy just to purchase a kid's ticket even if the likelihood is they won't even attend half the time but it's available just incase and for the big games.
    People are far more likely to take kids to the smaller games than the big games.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Do we need a singing section now? Man I hate that term!

The atmosphere is the East has been great recently and is the natural place for songs and chants to come from.

The lads that moved to the FF upper could easily all find seats together up towards s43 and they would then also have 1000s of others ready to join in.

No existing ST holders would have to be asked to move.

@hibs.net private member

I think you’ve missed some of the context. It was a proposed change, for one match to trial feedback given by the majority of this forum. There were 39 seats of 414 sold at the point announcing.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    I think you’ve missed some of the context. It was a proposed change, for one match to trial feedback given by the majority of this forum. There were 39 seats of 414 sold at the point announcing.
    But what would have happened to the existing season ticket holders if it had been a success and you wanted to move?

@hibs.net private member
    Playing devils advocate here, it’s only been a year since the singing section worked with the club to move to that mutually agreed area and have long standing season ticket holders in there moved without consultation. It makes the clubs lack of willingness to cause even more disruption understandable even though you may not think it’s the right decision
    Any move to another area really does need communication and understanding from all sides to find a way forward. The guys in the singing section have been doing a great job this season, long may it continue. Given the comment on here from some of the guys themselves they seem more than willing to talk this through properly with the club.
    Again, there’s been no suggestion from what I read on a permanent move from Section 25?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Do we need a singing section now? Man I hate that term!

The atmosphere is the East has been great recently and is the natural place for songs and chants to come from.

The lads that moved to the FF upper could easily all find seats together up towards s43 and they would then also have 1000s of others ready to join in.

No existing ST holders would have to be asked to move.
    There’s not 320 seats ST available across 42-44 never mind 43. It’s a great problem to have that ER is more busy than ever.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    But what would have happened to the existing season ticket holders if it had been a success and you wanted to move?
    Who knows? That would’ve needed significant consideration and engagement with existing ST holders before any decision was made.

Again, there’s been no suggestion from what I read on a permanent move from Section 25?
    Ah, sorry, I misunderstood then. I thought a trial run would be with a view to moving elsewhere.

@hibs.net private member
    Ah, sorry, I misunderstood then. I thought a trial run would be with a view to moving elsewhere.
    bit pointless to trial something for no reason.

If the FF Lower is off limits, move them back tae the East.

Would there be an issue moving them back there though? Would they be able to aw get seats together?

Club are aff their heids letting this get out of hand

Big mistake from the club IMO if they're unwilling to move the family section from where it is. The system is clearly not working as intended so something needs done, behind the goals is absolutely where any clubs singing section belongs.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    There’s not 320 seats ST available across 42-44 never mind 43. It’s a great problem to have that ER is more busy than ever.
    Fair dos. I had no idea there were so many involved.

Hope you get something sorted.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    No, it’s not. They’ve not been accommodated more than once already. They were stuck I. The worst possible place due to asking for a move behind the goals.

Do you or I have to ask permission where we can sit on Sunday?
    Do you or I face removal from the ground if we dare to buy a ticket in a place the club don’t like?
    Are the club quite happy to take single adult money vs hearts when they resell a child’s ST seat who isn’t going?

I’m not saying the long term solution is simple, it’s not, however what they’re doing for this game is totally wrong.
    Nobody has to ask permission to sit anywhere but they want to sit in a massive group so need to work with the club. If they choose they can individually sit where theres a free seat the same as I can.

No thought given to all the people who were booted out their seats to accommodate them last season and theres two I know of who still havent found suitable seating because of one of their health issues. And no thought given to the existing ST holders who would have to stand and hold their kids on Sunday?

I also dont understand why theyd want to trial something that they arent considering?

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibee Gallagher
    The current location of the singing section is rubbish. I sit in Section 42 and I can look across and see all of them clapping and hear absolutely nothing. The other issue is that there is nowhere for the singing to travel too, on the left is a wall, on the right is the (planned) corporate seats and in front is a family section that is half full on most match days.

When the main aim of the group is to make the atmosphere better and you give them, what I would class at, possibly the worst section in the whole ground to do this you can see why they are frustrated.

Moving them to the front would mean the sound travels further and would also increase the number of folk willing to join thesection. I was close to moving there this season but because it’s such a poorlocation in the ground we kept our seats in the east.

There has to be some give and take by the club, they movedthem the first time because of the issues with smoke bombs and flares that werenothing to do with the members within the singing section, then made them listevery member before games when sitting at front of east and now moved them awayinto the back corner. I can see why the group would take things into their ownhands as when they have left it up to the club they’ve been given a raw deal.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    I'm sure fans of clubs like Dortmund feel the same about their ultras, just another group of paying customers right?

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    The atmosphere is the East has been great recently and is the natural place for songs and chants to come from. The lads that moved to the FF upper could easily all find seats together up towards s43 and they would then also have 1000s of others ready to join in.
    As Ross says, we have been victims of our own success in having two packed areas of the ground where people stand and chant. To answer an earlier post, EVERY ground in Scotland that I've been to in recent years has been operating one standing section without any significant reports of injury. My family group have been standing at ER for decades, in the North Cooshed, Old East and the past 8 years in Section 43. That's the natural order for our matchday experience and it's not going to change anytime soon.

Both Section 25 and Section 43 will be getting louder as the season progresses, as people return from holiday and the groups get their song catalogues in gear. Since1875 have an active Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/HibernianFootballClub/ and there's chat about Section43 doing same this year. Rome wasn't built in a day when it comes to relocation but there's always been standing and singing at Easter Road and for those whose sole intention is to lift the men in green and white on the pitch, we should celebrate their enthusiasm.
    Last edited by RIP; 15-08-2018 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    Big mistake from the club IMO if they're unwilling to move the family section from where it is. The system is clearly not working as intended so something needs done, behind the goals is absolutely where any clubs singing section belongs.
    It possibly should have happened a few years ago but due to current season ticket levels there is no space for a similar sized family section elsewhere. Price of a bit of success I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Ryan View Post
    When the main aim of the group is to make the atmosphere better and you give them, what I would class at, possibly the worst section in the whole ground to do this you can see why they are frustrated
    Which makes you wonder why they agreed to move there in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by HFCEighteen75 View Post
    I'm sure fans of clubs like Dortmund feel the same about their ultras, just another group of paying customers right?
    That's exactly what they are. No more or less important than any other season ticket holder or person who shells out their hard earned cash to watch Hibs at ER every second week.