hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shame our fans reps haven’t offered to get involved with this given communicatuon between our supporters and our club is all important.

I still believe it’s a good thing to have supporters’ reps but they both need to be proactive with issues like this. Everybody wants to see the atmosphere improve and nobody wants any Hibees to be hassled so the only solution will come from proper discussions.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I initially thought this was a great idea, but should have been done with consultation with the club. There will be folk who sit there on Sunday who will have their vision impaired, perhaps something could have been done to facilitate this move a few weeks ago.

Maybe if we get another home game if we win this one, then we could trial it with that game, and give everyone time to move?

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The club can’t stop people buying seats in the ff lower if that’s where they want to go. I spent a season in the ff lower and it’s anything but family friendly.
    Spent a couple of years in there too when my boy was younger. Ironically the trigger to move to the East was the original sect43. We actually had seats 2 rows directly behind the drum. Much to my boys delight being in amongst the noise.

Sure the club cant stop people buying tickets but actively discourage to try and keep it for families.

I just think this manouvre has been poorly thought out.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    Shame our fans reps haven’t offered to get involved with this given communicatuon between our supporters and our club is all important.

I still believe it’s a good thing to have supporters’ reps but they both need to be proactive with issues like this. Everybody wants to see the atmosphere improve and nobody wants any Hibees to be hassled so the only solution will come from proper discussions.
    Agree. Very disappointing. This is something they should be all over. What the singing section have done in the last few seasons is brilliant. Especially away from home

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Getting fed up with this FF lower nonsense now. Either move the seats and allow the singing section to go where it should for all intents and purposes be or do something about people buying £25 STs and barely using them. It makes the ground look empty on TV and prevents people who really want to go to a big game v Hearts/OF being unable to do so in the event of a "sellout".

Since 1875 have now tweeted to say that the club have blocked their move to the lower FF for this game and threatened to remove any of the group that enter the lower FF on Sunday. That is utterly embarrassing and disgraceful for the club to treat them that way given how much their displays etc have shown the club in good light.

Apparently the group have tried to meet with the club on several occasions to discuss this as well and received no answer. Horrendous stuff.

This also explains why the lower FF tickets aren’t on sale at the moment.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    Since 1875 have now tweeted to say that the club have blocked their move to the lower FF for this game and threatened to remove any of the group that enter the lower FF on Sunday. That is utterly embarrassing and disgraceful for the club to treat them that way given how much their displays etc have shown the club in good light.

Apparently the group have tried to meet with the club on several occasions to discuss this as well and received no answer. Horrendous stuff.
    That’s not good to hear. The singing section in the ff lower is the way forward imo. I agree with everyone else and have said so many times that there’s no way all these £25 seats should be on sale in that area of the stadium. It’s also sad to hear that the club have refused any meetings with the singing section, it seems like a step back into the pre Dempster days.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Getting fed up with this FF lower nonsense now. Either move the seats and allow the singing section to go where it should for all intents and purposes be or do something about people buying £25 STs and barely using them. It makes the ground look empty on TV and prevents people who really want to go to a big game v Hearts/OF being unable to do so in the event of a "sellout".
    Yip,

A real bug bear of mine.

I know some folk can’t go every week, and want to make sure they’re in the mix for a Hearts/Sevco ticket home or away.

For me, it seems to have gotten out of hand however, and some people are taking the utter pish out the club’s very reasonable child season ticket prices, and upgrading those seats for the derbies and Rangers games, but leaving empty for the other 16/17 games a season. Something has to be done.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibees3_Sevco2 View Post
    Yip,

A real bug bear of mine.

I know some folk can’t go every week, and want to make sure they’re in the mix for a Hearts/Sevco ticket home or away.

For me, it seems to have gotten out of hand however, and some people are taking the utter pish out the club’s very reasonable child season ticket prices, and upgrading those seats for the derbies and Rangers games, but leaving empty for the other 16/17 games a season. Something has to be done.
    When you think about it that way it really is a foolproof plan to getting a ticket. A £25 deposit for guaranteed purchase of tickets for Hearts/OF games.

Either find a way to fix this (i.e. identify those who are taking the piss and cancel/refund their ST) or get rid of it.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar

In terms of selling the image of our club we are scoring a massive own goal here by selling cheap tickets for some of the best seats in the stadium to people who dont go every week.

The singing section looks great at the games but is hidden on TV which is a big mistake.

There are loads of seats available in section 43 so perhaps the singing section guys could go in there on Sunday. Surely the ticket office would let any that have already bought tickets for the FF lower swap them for tickets in 43. If it was up to me I'd try the whole of 43 as the designated singing section.

When you think about it that way it really is a foolproof plan to getting a ticket. A £25 deposit for guaranteed purchase of tickets for Hearts/OF games.

Either find a way to fix this (i.e. identify those who are taking the piss and cancel/refund their ST) or get rid of it.
    I would just change the rule so that if it’s a £25 children’s ticket it can’t be upgraded to a adult ticket for home or away tickets .

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    There are loads of seats available in section 43 so perhaps the singing section guys could go in there on Sunday. Surely the ticket office would let any that have already bought tickets for the FF lower swap them for tickets in 43. If it was up to me I'd try the whole of 43 as the designated singing section.
    This. Back of the East will generate best atmosphere and get more folk joining in, to say otherwise is just blinkered IMO. 1st season in championship, atmosphere against likes of livi n cowdenbeath was ridiculously good when the boys were there. Didnt work at front of east as couldnt be heard half way back...

Quote Originally Posted by RoscoHibby View Post
    This. Back of the East will generate best atmosphere and get more folk joining in, to say otherwise is just blinkered IMO. 1st season in championship, atmosphere against likes of livi n cowdenbeath was ridiculously good when the boys were there. Didnt work at front of east as couldnt be heard half way back...
    100%

Mind that Cowdenbeath game well Rosco.... Will msg you later btw

Quote Originally Posted by hibbymark View Post
    I would just change the rule so that if it’s a £25 children’s ticket it can’t be upgraded to a adult ticket for home or away tickets .
    I think they have now done this. The people that upgraded for the first game of the season were told that it was to be a one off

If you are in management at the club you have to balance the service offered to all fans. When the six of us buy our season tickets at the back of Section 43 we are made aware that it is a area where 500 fans all stand. Anyone wishing to sit down during a game shouldn’t be sold a seat in that part of the stadium.

However if our kids were primary age or toddlers we would likely buy six seats in the family section. In that area everyone would sit for ninety minutes.

Since1875 have been allocated a section in the top corner where they can stand freely. It is also possibly due to police advice to keep them as far away from the pitch as possible. (Following a couple of minor pitch invasions in prior years when at the front of 43?)

I’ve been a huge supporter of the group from 2010 when they started within Section 43. So I’m starting to become concerned that they are being contained for the long term in an area where most accept is neither visually nor acoustically effective.

Hopefully through improved fan engagement and lobbying we can bring about a change.
    Last edited by RIP; 15-08-2018 at 07:09 AM.

Can feel for both parties here.

I can understand why the club has done what it's done, but it could have handled the situation better.

Also, totally understand why Since 1875 did what they did, and it appears that the majority of fans agree that this nonsense with empty seats behind the goals needs put to an end.

IMO the answer here is to swap the sections so that Since 1875 are behind the goals and the family section is either up in the corner or in the corner of the west lower next to the FF end of stairs are an issue.

The club has to make Since 1875 feel wanted and welcome as they are a fantastic part of the crowd and overall atmosphere, you guys are really appreciated by the fans!

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    If you are in management at the club you have to balance the service offered to all fans. When the six of us buy our season tickets at the back of Section 43 we are made aware that it is a area where 500 fans all stand. Anyone wishing to sit down during a game shouldn’t be sold a seat in that part of the stadium.

However if our kids were primary age or toddlers we would likely buy six seats in the family section. In that area everyone would sit for ninety minutes.

Since1875 have been allocated a section in the top corner where they can stand freely. It is also possibly due to police advice to keep them as far away from the pitch as possible. (Following a couple of minor pitch invasions in prior years when at the front of 43?)

I’ve been a huge supporter of the group from 2010 when they started within Section 43. So I’m starting to become concerned that they are being contained for the long term in an area where most accept is neither visually nor acoustically effective.

Hopefully through improved fan engagement and lobbying we can bring about a change.
    No club should permit standing in a seated area regardless of the reasons. If clubs want to permit standing it should be in a specific safe standing area or not at all. It’s a total nonsense, what if the whole ground decided to stand every game, the authorities need to do something. Telling people they can buy a seat but have to stand because of other folk standing is wrong.

First Team Regular Heedersnvolleys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    Can feel for both parties here.

I can understand why the club has done what it's done, but it could have handled the situation better.

Also, totally understand why Since 1875 did what they did, and it appears that the majority of fans agree that this nonsense with empty seats behind the goals needs put to an end.

IMO the answer here is to swap the sections so that Since 1875 are behind the goals and the family section is either up in the corner or in the corner of the west lower next to the FF end of stairs are an issue.

The club has to make Since 1875 feel wanted and welcome as they are a fantastic part of the crowd and overall atmosphere, you guys are really appreciated by the fans!
    Totally agree, sounds like a sensible solution, in fact to soften the blow I would make the family section the luxury seats in the middle. Would need to be next season now though

Quote Originally Posted by Heedersnvolleys View Post
    Totally agree, sounds like a sensible solution, in fact to soften the blow I would make the family section the luxury seats in the middle. Would need to be next season now though
    The club have already earmarked that area for more hospitality I think, and have been in contact with season tickets holders there to move them in advance of it coming into place next season.

FWIW, while I think the Since 1875 guys are clearly passionate about what they do there needs to be a point where the club have to draw a line....by my count they’ve now been in three different parts of the ground so far and now want to move somewhere else. What happens if more long standing season ticket holders are moved, this time to make way for them in the FF lower and then they decide after a season or so that they don’t like there either and want moved somewhere else? They’ve also had access to tickets for away games that other ST holders haven’t, and I believe space to store flags and banners given to them so it’s not as if they haven’t had some special treatment already.

While they do have a positive impact on the atmosphere, there would still be singing if they didn’t exist. They didn’t invent going to the football with your pals and chanting when you’re there, that’s been going on for years

As has been pointed out any number of times, the club have emailed people with £25 season tickets asking what they can do to encourage further attendance. Unfortunately the data they are getting is wrong. I was told last season that my 2 x £25 season tickets hadn't been used once. In reality we had all made every game apart from the mid week games.

Not sure how many times the above needs said, but it's been said about ten times.

FWIW, if it wasn't for the £25 tickets, I wouldn't have my £360 tickets as I wouldn't be able to justify leaving the wife at home with the kids every 2nd Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Barney McGrew View Post
    The club have already earmarked that area for more hospitality I think, and have been in contact with season tickets holders there to move them in advance of it coming into place next season.

FWIW, while I think the Since 1875 guys are clearly passionate about what they do there needs to be a point where the club have to draw a line....by my count they’ve now been in three different parts of the ground so far and now want to move somewhere else. What happens if more long standing season ticket holders are moved, this time to make way for them in the FF lower and then they decide after a season or so that they don’t like there either and want moved somewhere else? They’ve also had access to tickets for away games that other ST holders haven’t, and I believe space to store flags and banners given to them so it’s not as if they haven’t had some special treatment already.

While they do have a positive impact on the atmosphere, there would still be singing if they didn’t exist. They didn’t invent going to the football with your pals and chanting when you’re there, that’s been going on for years
    As far as I’m aware the group didn’t choose to be fired into the top corner of the FF, they asked to be moved behind the goal and that’s where they were put.

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    As far as I’m aware the group didn’t choose to be fired into the top corner of the FF, they asked to be moved behind the goal and that’s where they were put.
    And that’s what they got. And now they’re not happy and they want to move again - like I said, where does it stop?

Looking at it from the outside, Hibs have already bent over to accommodate them on more than one occasion and have acted this time when without any discussion they’ve taken it upon themselves to move on mass into a section of the stadium that’s a designated family area. Now they are greeting because Hibs have stopped that happening.

Ask permission on what section of the ground you want to sit in? What a sanatised environment football has become.

And that’s what they got. And now they’re not happy and they want to move again - like I said, where does it stop?

Looking at it from the outside, Hibs have already bent over to accommodate them on more than one occasion and have acted this time when without any discussion they’ve taken it upon themselves to move on mass into a section of the stadium that’s a designated family area and are greeting because Hibs have stopped that happening.
    Given that sound travels in much the same way as sight, behind the goals is the best section for fans singing - remember in the championship when fifty away fans could be heard clearly singing by everyone? They are in the lower section and always congregate at the highest point nearest the goals because that is where the acoustics are best - every seat in the stadium can see the goals and therefore hear what's happening. People in section 30 couldn't hear the singing section when they were in section 43 because it's not in their line of vision. Look at all the German games on tv - brilliant atmosphere and all behind the goals. Why is the atmosphere at tiny so bad? One of the main reasons is their family section is behind the goals. Anyone thinking that the best place is in the east is fooling themselves and it's sad that the club appear to be digging their heels in with this one.

S1875 should boycott the game, see how the club like it when the FF is three quarters empty in a silent stadium.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    No club should permit standing in a seated area regardless of the reasons. If clubs want to permit standing it should be in a specific safe standing area or not at all. It’s a total nonsense, what if the whole ground decided to stand every game, the authorities need to do something. Telling people they can buy a seat but have to stand because of other folk standing is wrong.
    Correct. We had a couple of guys next to us standing at the Molde game. You couldn’t see past them and standing is not an option for my dad. They offered to swap seats but we shouldn’t really have to, especially when they are out ST seats.

Looking at it from the outside, Hibs have already bent over to accommodate them on more than one occasion and have acted this time when without any discussion they’ve taken it upon themselves to move on mass into a section of the stadium that’s a designated family area. Now they are greeting because Hibs have stopped that happening.
    From what I can gather, it was always the Singing Section's suggestion to be right behind the goals in the lower tier, but the club stuck them up in the top corner instead. Now they are trapped between a wall of perspex on one side, corporate seats on the other side, and the family section in front of them – there honestly couldn't be a worse place to put them for growing the section or spreading the noise around the ground. They can't even spread it in the FF Stand.

They should get special treatment IMO, given how important they are to the overall matchday experience, and even the direct success of the team.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't think the current location of the singing section is great but the i think the clubs statement on the issue was bang on.