hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Best place for it - hopefully it works out - ideally long term family section moves to lower west and then Famous Five lower is a place well known in Scotland for the best supporters section adding to the good work those already bring to ER.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That area of the stadium is aimed for families. I guess the club are rightly ensuring that remains the case. Seems sensible and fair.
    For a game which will have such a low attendance, we should be encouraging anyone to buy tickets, regardless if young, old or whatever. What happens when West/East sold out for other games? Should older guys or girls without kids just not go because the FF is only for families? About time we relaxed pricing in all areas and let people sit where they want to sit.

Atmosphere will be horrific if the boys aren’t there Sunday.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Since1875Hibs View Post
    Disappointingly, without contact, Hibs appeared to have removed the entire lower tier from online sale. Despite over 90 tickets being sold since this post.

We’ll be in touch with the club first thing to understand the rationale for this.

Very disappointing end to the evening.

Does the singing section stand during the game? Just wondering if I need to hold my 6 year old up in the air for 90 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Since1875Hibs View Post
    This Sunday brings the start of our League Cup campaign. With expected attendance looking around half of what we’ve been bringing through the gates recently this presents a good opportunity to try something different for the Singing Section.

Therefore, the section will be behind the goals in the FF Lower for this match. Only 10% of tickets are currently sold here with the rest on public sale now.

There has been a significant amount of feedback on the current location of the section and also suggestions from the support as to where it should be. This provides an excellent opportunity to trial that suggestion, which also matches our long term aim on where the section should be permanently.

We appreciate this may not be everyone’s cup of tea; however with 90% of tickets available it would appear this section is likely to be fairly empty come kick off Sunday as things stand

We’d encourage supporters to purchase their ticket for Section 18 asap, starting with the front rows. We hope to see those supporters who have supported this idea on Sunday.

GGTTH

Since 1875
    Good on you for listening to feedback. I think a one off trial is an excellent idea.

Both the singing section and the family section are fundamental to the success of the club, and hopefully Hibs are able to come to solution that works for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Archie89 View Post
    Does the singing section stand during the game? Just wondering if I need to hold my 6 year old up in the air for 90 minutes.
    Probably would have been a good idea to consult over this so that no one is put out and given the opportunity to move for this one game - even if its only a handful of folk.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I’ve been trying to buy tickets in the FF lower, but the whole stand doesn’t seem to be available. I think having the singing section down there will be a great idea.

edit. I’ve just seen the reason why, pretty disappointing from hibs tbh. The stand will be almost empty on Sunday.
    Last edited by lord bunberry; 14-08-2018 at 12:59 AM.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by May2116 View Post
    For a game which will have such a low attendance, we should be encouraging anyone to buy tickets, regardless if young, old or whatever. What happens when West/East sold out for other games? Should older guys or girls without kids just not go because the FF is only for families? About time we relaxed pricing in all areas and let people sit where they want to sit.

Atmosphere will be horrific if the boys aren’t there Sunday.
    If there's going to be such a low attendance why not coordinate people to sit elsewhere then?

The FF5 lower has been designated a family area for years and until the club change this it will remain so. Regardless of crowd on Sunday.

Loads of options elsewhere if people want to actively coordinate a mass gathering.

If there's going to be such a low attendance why not coordinate people to sit elsewhere then?

The FF5 lower has been designated a family area for years and until the club change this it will remain so. Regardless of crowd on Sunday.

Loads of options elsewhere if people want to actively coordinate a mass gathering.
    The club can’t stop people buying seats in the ff lower if that’s where they want to go. I spent a season in the ff lower and it’s anything but family friendly.

United we stand here....

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    The club can’t stop people buying seats in the ff lower if that’s where they want to go.
    They can, and they have.

With kids tickets in the FF lower being £25 I don't see why Hibs cant just do this for the West lower, the north end of the East and the FF upper. This would easily cater for the number of folk who have kids tickets in the FF lower and distribute the swathes of empty seats we see in the FF at most league games a bit more evenly around the stadium.

In all honesty I for one am getting a bit fed up of hearing all the usual stuff that gets trotted out about the empty seats in the FF lower. According to Hibs this section is so popular that they are talking about moving adults whose kids have grown up out of there to meet demand for seats. But at practically every game there are hundreds of those allegedly gold dust like seats empty and IMO its making the clubs claims of 16, 17 and 18,000 crowds look like nonsense, especially to anybody watching on the telly.
    They cant be on holiday all the bloody time, so where the hell are they every Saturday or Sunday because its the same throughout the season, when I was a kid if my mum could have afforded to take me to the football I would have screamed the house down if she had said, sorry we aint going this weekend. IMO there's something else going on here and as a result this section which is utterly coveted by a dedicated group of our supporters is totally wasted on the purpose its being used for.

I'm pretty sure that with a home crowd of 16,000 or more at most games we could find a minimum of 1,500 folk who would want to be in a singing section based in the FF lower … that's evident from the good few hundred or so who still sing in the East and clearly didn't want to be part of an FF upper singing section.

Anyway, good luck to the 'Since 1875' folk on Sunday …. I might take a seat in the East for once to see what they look and sound like and I sincerely hope the club don't put a spike in this experiment, IMO for a non ST game folk should be entitled to sit where they want. Especially in a section where a load of the ST holders fail to turn up for even big league games and are highly unlikely to make the effort for a League cup tie against a lower league club they will have to pay up front for.

Good luck guys

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member hibbymac's Avatar

I was under the impression that if an adult wanted to buy a ticket for the FF lower, they had to be with a child.

From it opening, up until a few years ago , they had two "family liaison officers" who were there to try and keep the "language" to a minimum.
    " Whatever the future may hold, Fans of this unique club will stand firm in Hibernians corner. Yes, united they stand, those wonderful supporters and The greatest football club on earth, " - Hibernian F.C. The team that wouldn't die. Click here

There's a very small number of supporters that are located just immediately behind the goals almost every home game. I don't know their medical condition, but they are in wheelchairs. I'm assuming that they go immediately behind the goals, so that they can see the ball going into the net at close quarters.

Now without any consultation or warning they are going to get a group of noisy Hibs fans immediately above them. As I said, I don't know their medical condition, but I don't think banging a drum in their ears for 90 minutes plus will be a great match-day experience for them.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Great idea but ill thought out execution of it in my opinion.
    To have fans who want to remain seated finding themselves obstructed by the singing section without warning is not on.

After the initial post on this thread, ticket sales for this game actually increased and instead of thanking these lads, Hibs have blocked folk from buying tickets in this area. Really petty from the club imo.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    There's a very small number of supporters that are located just immediately behind the goals almost every home game. I don't know their medical condition, but they are in wheelchairs. I'm assuming that they go immediately behind the goals, so that they can see the ball going into the net at close quarters.

Now without any consultation or warning they are going to get a group of noisy Hibs fans immediately above them. As I said, I don't know their medical condition, but I don't think banging a drum in their ears for 90 minutes plus will be a great match-day experience for them.
    You could say the opposite, the singing section being there, might improve these guys match day experience. Might enjoy being where the atmosphere is for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by wearethehibs View Post
    You could say the opposite, the singing section being there, might improve these guys match day experience. Might enjoy being where the atmosphere is for a change.
    So that makes it okay then?

After the initial post on this thread, ticket sales for this game actually increased and instead of thanking these lads, Hibs have blocked folk from buying tickets in this area. Really petty from the club imo.
    Communication is key!

So that makes it okay then?
    That makes what ok?

People buying tickets for a football game in a section of the ground that is almost empty?

If so, yes.

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    I wouldn't say it is petty. The club have 2 respective areas designated as signing section and family section. These areas are marketed as such and it is understandable that the club wants to maintain some influence over that.

Otherwise you could have some disgruntled customers who wanted to be in the singing section now finding themselves stuck in a quiet/empty corner and people with kids expecting a quieter area in the middle of some songs which are great for atmosphere but not exactly suitable for kids.

Edit: As someone else put it. Great idea but poor execution, needs to be communication both ways for these things to work.

If the amount of people who've suggested moving to the ff lower and the people who've said they would join in if the relocation happens put their money where their mouth is, the whole ff lower should be full.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    I know very few have bought tickets so far but those that have may have their view obstructed if you guys are all standing. Could this not have been communicated before now

Would section 20 at the end not been better??
    The attendance in the famous five lower is embarrassing most games considering it is advertised as sold out most weeks, before all seater arenas people had to stand every game so really don’t see what difference one game is going to make where there will hardly be anyone in the lower anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenArmyyy! View Post
    The attendance in the famous five lower is embarrassing most games considering it is advertised as sold out most weeks, before all seater arenas people had to stand every game so really don’t see what difference one game is going to make where there will hardly be anyone in the lower anyway.
    You are easily embarrassed

Because noise at a football game doesnt happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    If the amount of people who've suggested moving to the ff lower and the people who've said they would join in if the relocation happens put their money where their mouth is, the whole ff lower should be full.
    The tickets for that section have been removed from sale.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    Great idea but ill thought out execution of it in my opinion.
    To have fans who want to remain seated finding themselves obstructed by the singing section without warning is not on.
    The plan was to be sat up the back of the stand restricting no view for those that want to sit.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    The plan was to be sat up the back of the stand restricting no view for those that want to sit.
    Then why does the original post state "starting with the front rows?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    Not according to the OP.

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Archie89 View Post
    Then why does the original post state "starting with the front rows?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    Not according to the OP.
    Ah apologies. I thought it said the back rows. Which would make more sense

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    With kids tickets in the FF lower being £25 I don't see why Hibs cant just do this for the West lower, the north end of the East and the FF upper. This would easily cater for the number of folk who have kids tickets in the FF lower and distribute the swathes of empty seats we see in the FF at most league games a bit more evenly around the stadium.

In all honesty I for one am getting a bit fed up of hearing all the usual stuff that gets trotted out about the empty seats in the FF lower. According to Hibs this section is so popular that they are talking about moving adults whose kids have grown up out of there to meet demand for seats. But at practically every game there are hundreds of those allegedly gold dust like seats empty and IMO its making the clubs claims of 16, 17 and 18,000 crowds look like nonsense, especially to anybody watching on the telly.
    They cant be on holiday all the bloody time, so where the hell are they every Saturday or Sunday because its the same throughout the season, when I was a kid if my mum could have afforded to take me to the football I would have screamed the house down if she had said, sorry we aint going this weekend. IMO there's something else going on here and as a result this section which is utterly coveted by a dedicated group of our supporters is totally wasted on the purpose its being used for.

I'm pretty sure that with a home crowd of 16,000 or more at most games we could find a minimum of 1,500 folk who would want to be in a singing section based in the FF lower … that's evident from the good few hundred or so who still sing in the East and clearly didn't want to be part of an FF upper singing section.

Anyway, good luck to the 'Since 1875' folk on Sunday …. I might take a seat in the East for once to see what they look and sound like and I sincerely hope the club don't put a spike in this experiment, IMO for a non ST game folk should be entitled to sit where they want. Especially in a section where a load of the ST holders fail to turn up for even big league games and are highly unlikely to make the effort for a League cup tie against a lower league club they will have to pay up front for.
    spot on