hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BOB MARLEYS DUG View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even 3 yards out from an open goal however and I could only be 50% sure he was scoring

2. Log in to remove the advert

Nothing to add to the debate really but just wanted to say that I'm delighted we've had two coaches who know how to make a player better. We hadn't had that since Mowbray really. Stubbs and Lennon have both had an ability to develop a player (and more than one at that actually).
    Happy days!

Ivan Sproule's one of my favourite ever Hibs players. Absolutely loved watching him play.

Martin Boyle's up there though.

I’ve named our new puppy(whippet) Sproule,he is almost as fast as Ivan.
    Ggtth

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heidtheba View Post
    Nothing to add to the debate really but just wanted to say that I'm delighted we've had two coaches who know how to make a player better. We hadn't had that since Mowbray really. Stubbs and Lennon have both had an ability to develop a player (and more than one at that actually).
    Happy days!

Collins did wonders for those players prepared to listen, but it seems he will never get the credit he deserves.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    For pure, get off your seat, excitement and the background of where he came from Sproule is one of my very favourites to have pulled on the green and white but he wouldn't get in the team ahead of Boyle.

Boyle for me. He’s improved loads since he joined and gets better and better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ivan had more impact for me but Boyle still has time.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Boyle been more consistent overall but Sproule excelled in games against very expensive Huns and Celtc teams.

Left by mutual consent!
    Ivan. Hands down.

To date - easy choice; Ivan.

I’ve got to go with Ivan on this one. Boyle has refined his game hugely and is becoming one of our first names on the team sheet but found Ivan to be far more exciting and consistent in his ability to get passed players on the inside or the outside.

Boyle has great pace and ball control, whilst doing well to hit the byline I do think he’s a bit of a one trick pony that struggles against better quality defenders.

Love them both but has to be Ivan for me even if it’s just for that hat trick alone!

Left by mutual consent!
    Non hibs related folk often think you're exaggerating when you mention just how fast Sproule was. To say he was faster than Boyle is now seems nuts but it was true, and probably by a decent distance.

Always thought Sproule was better coming on off the bench where as i'd be concerned if i saw a starting lineup without Boyle in it. That's the difference for me.

Im torn on this 1 , sproule was 1 of my favourates and that hat trick will never be forgotten but Boyle has gone from a fringe player/supersub to now being probably the 1st name on the team sheet since SJM left . Sproule was faster , boyle has a better engine and crossing . Both equal when it comes to shooting and scoring goals. Think Boyle wins it with his consistency

Ivan is one of my favourite ever players but I'm surprised how many are choosing him

Boyle is definitely the better player

Sproule definitely more exciting and often more effective.

Boyle has become the player with more 'football' about him and the less raw of the two.

Would also add that I don't think we'd ever have played Sproule as a wing-back in 3-5-2 (correct me if I'm wrong and we in fact did )

Quote Originally Posted by yonder1875 View Post
    Having a debate with a mate over who is/was ‘better’ for Hibs.

Two speed merchants who take on the full back with the slightest invitation and both have chipped in with important goals and assists for Hibs in their time at the club. Obviously, Boyle doesn’t have a standout moment like Ivan’s hat trick at Ibrox but for me I think Boyle has been a big factor in a better Hibs team over the past 2 years.

Just a friendly debate, but I’d be interested to hear peoples views.
    If The Squirrel keeps playing the way he's started this season, there'll be clubs much bigger than Bristol City after him. Just saying....

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    Ivan is one of my favourite ever players but I'm surprised how many are choosing him

Boyle is definitely the better player

First Team Breakthrough
    Always thought Sproule was made to look good by the quality of our midfield back then. Was wonderful to watch us counter attack in Glasgow but most quick players would look good with brown, Thomson and buezuellin picking them out