hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Singing Section Relocation This Sunday

This Sunday brings the start of our League Cup campaign. With expected attendance looking around half of what we’ve been bringing through the gates recently this presents a good opportunity to try something different for the Singing Section.

Therefore, the section will be behind the goals in the FF Lower for this match. Only 10% of tickets are currently sold here with the rest on public sale now.

There has been a significant amount of feedback on the current location of the section and also suggestions from the support as to where it should be. This provides an excellent opportunity to trial that suggestion, which also matches our long term aim on where the section should be permanently.

We appreciate this may not be everyone’s cup of tea; however with 90% of tickets available it would appear this section is likely to be fairly empty come kick off Sunday as things stand

We’d encourage supporters to purchase their ticket for Section 18 asap, starting with the front rows. We hope to see those supporters who have supported this idea on Sunday.

GGTTH

Since 1875
    Last edited by Since1875Hibs; 13-08-2018 at 07:53 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Good idea, closer to the action, will be heard by all, players included.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Well done on you guys and girls. Hope it works out for you

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    I don't know if it's important or not, but has the club agreed to this idea?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We have simply purchased available tickets in this section thos evening and encourage other likeminded fans to do the same. We’ve done this off our own accord. We reguarly engage with the club on a number of matters.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I not sure why they would need to. Seats are free for anyone to buy. Good luck hopefully there is a good turnout in this section

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    If you want to encourage other folk to join in then the back of the east is the best option by a mile. Hope to see you back there eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Elephant Stone View Post
    If you want to encourage other folk to join in then the back of the east is the best option by a mile. Hope to see you back there eventually.
    I disagree. The visibility in FFL is great for the team and the rest of the fans

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since1875Hibs View Post
    We have simply purchased available tickets in this section thos evening and encourage other likeminded fans to do the same. We’ve done this off our own accord. We reguarly engage with the club on a number of matters.
    It's all good.

I just wondered if the club were trialing a new location.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Good idea.

Hopefully everybody that said that's where it should be will actually join you.

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I disagree. The visibility in FFL is great for the team and the rest of the fans
    Are they more visible there than in the East? There are so many more folk in the East who will join in with a song than in the FF.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Good idea.

Hopefully everybody that said that's where it should be will actually join you.
    This. We’re patiently waiting the section to sell out with those who suggested/committed to move to this location ;)

Are they more visible there than in the East? There are so many more folk in the East who will join in with a song than in the FF.
    Think a band at bottom of FFL is more visible than East, just my opinion though
    That’s where they want to be, so got to let them give it a go. Was a small band at St Johnstone just behind the goals as well

My laddie will be well chuffed they're along from us. Always having a neb to see what's going on up top

I know very few have bought tickets so far but those that have may have their view obstructed if you guys are all standing. Could this not have been communicated before now

Would section 20 at the end not been better??

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    That’s where they want to be, so got to let them give it a go. Was a small band at St Johnstone just behind the goals as well
    Fair enough! I just think it you're wanting other folk to join in then you need people sitting in front of you and around you who are gonna join in. It's wasted down low next to the pitch. Atmosphere was outstanding when they were at the back of section 43.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    I know very few have bought tickets so far but those that have may have their view obstructed if you guys are all standing. Could this not have been communicated before now

Would section 20 at the end not been better??

To be honest its a bit of tough luck, I don't mean that in a bad way but we have been saying the singing section should be moved to the lower or the east stand. We cant complain when they do. Theres thousands of other seats to choose from and the FFL is the always the most sparsely populated section of the ground so I think they're doing nothing wrong by moving. All in my opinion though.

Perfect game to try it. People been saying it’s the ideal location so why not try it out! Great stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    To be honest its a bit of tough luck, I don't mean that in a bad way but we have been saying the singing section should be moved to the lower or the east stand. We cant complain when they do. Theres thousands of other seats to choose from and the FFL is the always the most sparsely populated section of the ground so I think they're doing nothing wrong by moving. All in my opinion though.
    Fair enough. Just think it could have been announced before some folk bought tickets for a family section. And for the record my son is in section 16 and will love it 😂.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Fair enough! I just think it you're wanting other folk to join in then you need people sitting in front of you and around you who are gonna join in. It's wasted down low next to the pitch. Atmosphere was outstanding when they were at the back of section 43.
    It was if you sat in Sect 43(which I do). I was over in hospitality a couple of games in the West though and the noise didn’t travel well from Sect 43. Unless we fill in the corners I don’t think sound from one section will ever carry around the stadium well. Middle section behind the goals should defo be the best section, for a number of reasons. It’s where almost all ‘singing sections’ are situated if you go to games in other countries. Hope Sunday goes well. Won’t be the best game for atmosphere but hopefully it gives an idea of how that section could work moving forward

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Well done, i hope its a great success.

Left by mutual consent!
    Good location, hope it's possible long term, would look great on TV.

Shame there’s dozens of unused season tickets in section 18, preventing a permanent move for Since1875...

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    When I think back to games I have attended on the continent, especially Germany and Italy, the singing / ultra section has always been right behind one of the goals, so this makes sense to me.

Disappointingly, without contact, Hibs appeared to have removed the entire lower tier from online sale. Despite over 90 tickets being sold since this post.

We’ll be in touch with the club first thing to understand the rationale for this.

Very disappointing end to the evening.

@hibs.net private member
    Disappointingly, without contact, Hibs appeared to have removed the entire lower tier from online sale. Despite over 90 tickets being sold since this post.

We’ll be in touch with the club first thing to understand the rationale for this.

Sounds like, without contact with the club, you decided to move the singing section....might have been a good idea to run it passed them first.

And for the record I think you guys do a great job, sooner you're back in the east or to lower FF, anywhere but stuck away in that top corner, the better!
    Last edited by hibee-boys; 13-08-2018 at 09:22 PM.

First Team Breakthrough HTD1875's Avatar
    Hibs maybe just wanting clarity on the plans, don’t think they can stop individuals buying tickets for a certain area of the ground. Especially famous five lower which is usually empty for cup games. You could choose a prime seat in the east/west at the same price.

That area of the stadium is aimed for families. I guess the club are rightly ensuring that remains the case. Seems sensible and fair.

Well done for continuing to try to improve the atmosphere.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    It's a positive move on the whole - that section behind the goal seems a great place if the section doesn't want to be in the east again.

The flip side to having the opportunity to move this Sunday though is that the attendance will likely be relatively small and the atmosphere a bit flat regardless.
    Mon the Hibs.