hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Team for Thursday

Is going to be interesting to say the least.

Personally I would go

Laidlaw (assuming bogdan is unfit)

Gray
    Efe
    Porteous
    Hanlon
    Stevenson

Mallan
    Hyndman
    Slivka

Maclaren
    Kamberi

There is a few tough choices to be made. I would leave Bartley out from the start as I reckon playing 6 defensive minded players may bring them onto us and if we are going progress in the tie I think we will need to score first. I would also go Gray over Boyle at wing back as I think defensively he is more solid and seems to be enjoying a good run of form again after his injury problems. I would bring him on late on to run at them if they are tired or to try and stretch the game.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Personally I would go

Gray
    Efe
    Porteous
    Hanlon
    Stevenson

Mallan
    Hyndman
    Slivka

Maclaren
    Kamberi

There is a few tough choices to be made. I would leave Bartley out from the start as I reckon playing 6 defensive minded players may bring them onto us and if we are going progress in the tie I think we will need to score first. I would also go Gray over Boyle at wing back as I think defensively he is more solid and seems to be enjoying a good run of form again after his injury problems. I would bring him on late on to run at them if they are tired or to try and stretch the game.

I can't see it. If Bartley doesn't play then someone else will sit in his position. A defensive player like him is in there to allow The full backs to get forward and they can sit. So like you say it's kind of 6 defensive players but someone in Bartley position is to allow Stevenson or/and grey to become wingers.

All that being said I think it's the team he might go with but I can't see Boyle being left out so switch Grey for Boyle I think Mallan will sit and you have your team
    Last edited by Scooter; 13-08-2018 at 07:43 AM.

Personally I would go

Gray
    Efe
    Porteous
    Hanlon
    Stevenson

Mallan
    Hyndman
    Slivka

Maclaren
    Kamberi

There is no way Boyle sits out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How anybody could consider dropping Boyle is beyond me.

Up front with Kamberi I would’ve thought. Gray has been excellent and his pace will cause problems.

Boyle dropped. Our best player of the season so far.

I wonder what some people watch sometimes 😂

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    MacGregor to me is a must as I think we will be under pressure defensively. Anyone have an update on his availability?

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    MacGregor to me is a must as I think we will be under pressure defensively. Anyone have an update on his availability?
    I’ve not seen updates on any of the walking wounded.

Anybody seen an ETA for both keepers returns?

Think it’ll be the same team that played in the first leg.

@hibs.net private member Scooter's Avatar
    Astro pitch. So I can't see him being risked even if he is fit enough to play

For me big Marv and Boyle have to start

Bogdan

Efe
    Porteous
    Hanlon

Gray
    Hyndman
    Bartley
    Mallan
    Stevenson

Boyle
    Shaw

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Think it’ll be the same team that played in the first leg.
    Likewise. Other than possibly Shaw I don’t think anyone has shown enough to take a position off any of the starters from that game. Possibly Slivka could drop out but even then I’d probably stick with him.

First Team Breakthrough Bob1875's Avatar
    Drop our most dangerous player when we need a goal.

@hibs.net private member
    Boyle is only our most dangerous player when playing on the right. It is a tricky choice as Gray has been excellent when played and has scored and put some great crosses in. I think Lennon will play Gray and then stick Boyle up front with Kamberi. Not sure it is the best option but it gets our big game players on the park so understandable. It will be interesting to see if Lennon thinks about a change of formation as our midfield is nowhere near as strong now and it would allow Gray and Boyle to play on the right together which, imo, would work very well.

Who’d be our first choice penalty takers if it got that far?

Kamberi
    MacLaren
    Mallan
    Hanlon
    Boyle

Pretty strong - Hanlon and Boyle both scored in the Brondby shootout.

Out for another 2 weeks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Like others, I think it will be the same starting XI from the first leg. No one has really done enough to force their way in unless there are injury issues.
    Maclaren still getting up to speed, as is Hyndman, who is also maybe too slight for the giants of Molde.
    We will need plenty of dig against a big, physical team who will have their tails up after a fantastic win over the league winners and we will need to keep possession better than we did at home, so Mallan and Slivka have to really step up.
    Boyle could be encouraged to team up with Gray out wide, but that would need Mallan and / or Slivka getting closer to Kamberi up top.
    We certainly need to be working on finding room for Mallan to have a shot or two from outside the box.

Quote Originally Posted by wookie70 View Post
    Boyle is only our most dangerous player when playing on the right. It is a tricky choice as Gray has been excellent when played and has scored and put some great crosses in. I think Lennon will play Gray and then stick Boyle up front with Kamberi. Not sure it is the best option but it gets our big game players on the park so understandable. It will be interesting to see if Lennon thinks about a change of formation as our midfield is nowhere near as strong now and it would allow Gray and Boyle to play on the right together which, imo, would work very well.
    I think a change of shape will happen soon. Especially with Horgan signing and Agyepong if he’s ever available. One of them on the left, Boyle on the right.

I don’t think he will change it on Thursday though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Boyle dropped. Our best player of the season so far.

I wonder what some people watch sometimes 😂
    He has been poor last 2 European games. It's called an opinion. Where are you putting him in because Gray is a better wing back and he isn't a striker

If Fit:

Bogdan

Ambrose
    Porteous
    Hanlon

Boyle
    Emerson
    Bartley
    Mallan
    Stevenson

Flo
    MacLaren

Grab an early goal. Get D.Gray on after 55 mins, shift Boyle up top to chase defenders.

Sir Dave will surely start , id imagine he was rested yesterday so he'd be fresh for thursday . Need the captain leading the team out in Molde

Can't see Maclaren starting, will be Boyle and Kamberi up top I think

Toughest thing is picking the midfield but I think Bartley or Whittaker will surely start

He has been poor last 2 European games. It's called an opinion. Where are you putting him in because Gray is a better wing back and he isn't a striker
    Given Boyles performances at wing back over the last 6 months, I think you’d be hard pushed to suggest Gray is better in that position. Even yesterday, nearly every chance we created came from Boyle.

What I would say is that the way Gray has played in the last few weeks, we need to find a way of having them both in the team without ‘wasting’ Boyle by playing him through the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Given Boyles performances at wing back over the last 6 months, I think you’d be hard pushed to suggest Gray is better in that position. Even yesterday, nearly every chance we created came from Boyle.

What I would say is that the way Gray has played in the last few weeks, we need to find a way of having them both in the team without ‘wasting’ Boyle by playing him through the middle.
    Gray is better defensively. And he probably has a better delivery. Boyle is good at hitting the bye line and beating men but his crossing is erratic. I don't think he's a forward either. The only way both get in the team is if we go back to a 4 4 2 which I don't envisage happening

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nick T Muir
    Quote Originally Posted by makaveli1875 View Post
    Sir Dave will surely start , id imagine he was rested yesterday so he'd be fresh for thursday . Need the captain leading the team out in Molde
    Definitely. He’s been great in these European games and makes us better defensively which we need to be for this fixture.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Rich Tea12

Bogdan

Efe
    Porteous
    Hanlon

Gray
    Hyndman
    Bartley
    Mallan
    Stevenson

Boyle
    Shaw

I'd go with this!

No point starting Kamberi & Maclaren if they are not 100%. Shaw and Boyle are our in form forwards.

Coaching Staff
    Boyle simply HAS to be in the starting eleven.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Bogdan

Efe
    Porteous
    Hanlon

Gray
    Slivka
    Bartley
    Mallan
    Stevenson

Boyle
    Kamberi
    Mon the Hibs.

Gray is better defensively. And he probably has a better delivery. Boyle is good at hitting the bye line and beating men but his crossing is erratic. I don't think he's a forward either. The only way both get in the team is if we go back to a 4 4 2 which I don't envisage happening
    Or a 451 / 433.

There is no way Lennon leaves Boyle out the team, even if that means playing him up top. I don’t think he’ll shift from a back 3 on Thursday though and expect Boyle to play up top.

Is Agyepong registered for this?

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!

Bogdan

Efe
    Porteous
    Hanlon

Gray
    Hyndman
    Bartley
    Mallan
    Stevenson

Boyle
    Shaw

I’d go with this as well. Kamberi doesn’t look match fit atm and Shaw is in good form.