hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alan Stubbs.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't disagree that Wallace Mercer was far more dislikeable human being than Alan Stubbs (who I absolutely adore ). I also would say that the levels and volume of these, shall we say, 'bad taste' songs are on a different scale at Ibrox.. or wherever their gang of neanderthals happen to be travelling to.

However, I fully disagree that we can be so up in arms and calling for condemnation of the above**.. while defending some of the **** that comes from our own fans just because Stubbs is a nicer guy.

There definitely have been songs about his ill-health. Although most of them are simple "he's deid" efforts.

They're all poor and shouldn't be sung at all, in my opinion.

**To clarify, I DO think it's right to condemn the huns' behaviour... but don't pretend it'd be alright if the target 'deserves' it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    There is a nastiness to the Mercer songs (and Skatcel) that are different from others we sing

I used to think we Hibs fans would rise above all that real nastiness - With these songs , we are just the same as the other we moan about on here ..
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    I've made countless journeys through there in the past few years, and absolutely none of our concerns have been addressed by either the authorities or Hibernian FC.

I wrote the club a detailed email of my experiences before, during and after the boxing day game a few years ago, and to this day I've still not received a reply.

It pains me to say it, but our club (and countless others) have no intention of addressing this, and the matter now lies solely within our own hands.
    I agree with all of the above other than the bit in bold as i am not sure what that means

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    I agree with all of the above other than the bit in bold as i am not sure what that means
    Our supporters representatives should be leading the way on this, and be more vocal on the matter via every platform available.

Boycotts should also be considered, and again being as vocal as can be with regards the reasoning behind such a stance.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    For anything to change, it has to be fans led. We've seen the authorities sheite themselves over and over again with this lot, and the others ones.

Until such times as we the fans make a stance, and boycott their ground and ban them from ours, nothing will change.

Sometimes doing the right thing for the right reasons is the right way to go, we've tried all the other ways, we've tried to let those in charge run the game properly, but they are just too scared to do anything about it.

It wont happen though, we will just sweep this under the carpet as we have done since i can remember.
    There is only one group who can do anything about it G, Scottish Police, but they seem to be turning a blind eye to what happens regards Celtc and the rangers fans, home and away all over Scotland, stabbings, assaults happening every game regards them, and the sectarian pish that is sung by them, mainly at away games where we can all hear it quite clearly as it is broadcasted over the tv, no one should be above the law, time for Scottish police to have serious words with the SPFL and tell them to get there members to get things sorted before someone is killed attending a game through in Glasgow.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    Our supporters representatives should be leading the way on this, and be more vocal on the matter via every platform available.

Boycotts should also be considered, and again being as vocal as can be with regards the reasoning behind such a stance.
    Are you saying that Hibs fans that want to go to Ibrox or Parkhead shouldn’t go?

Good luck with that. I’ll not be paying any attention to any kind of boycott.

It’s a few songs that I’ve heard for decades. I’m not gonna start getting offended now. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Are you saying that Hibs fans that want to go to Ibrox or Parkhead shouldn’t go?

Good luck with that. I’ll not be paying any attention to any kind of boycott.

It’s a few songs that I’ve heard for decades. I’m not gonna start getting offended now. Sorry.
    Of course, that's entirely your right and I wouldn't force this stance upon anyone.

The problem is never going to be addressed though by discussions on a message board, only collective action taken by fellow supporters will force the issue.

As recent stories have shown, it's a lot more than a few songs too.
    Last edited by Chorley Hibee; 13-08-2018 at 12:39 PM.