hibs.net Messageboard

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    You know Whittaker has come in and played this season all over the place, in some very ropey team selections and formations.

When we are up and running with what we will call our first 11, Whittaker will be a squad player, and a squad player who will come in when needed to a side thats at its strongest, and a side that will be full of regulars.

They will become more used to each other, and hopefully get results on a regular basis as last season.

When he comes in, there wont be such a disruption as we've seen this season, and i'm sure he will do just fine.
    Last edited by blackpoolhibs; 12-08-2018 at 08:08 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

We’re two games into the season, got a number of new players to integrate into the team and the transfer window isn’t even shut yet.

Obviously we have lost some real quality in midfield but the bed wetters can do one.

Testimonial Due one day maybe...'s Avatar
    Lennon said he is not getting time to work with the players because the games are coming thick and fast. It’s been rest and managing players niggles. He’s happy that we are involved in all these games because that’s what top sides have to deal with. Unfortunately we are not quite there yet but hopefully we continue to strengthen the team & i’m sure Neil knows which parts need strenthened.
    Enjoy the ride it’s good to be a Hibby right now. We have no divine right to win every game, that would be bloody boring if we did 💚

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Why do you think his errors are magnified? Is it personal, has Whittaker wronged everyone individually away from football? Or, is it possible that there is a lot more of them so people are less forgiving?
    Nobody is picking on him, he’s a well like individual among Hibs fans. It’s just that he is struggling to play this level now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The reactions around me today made it perfectly clear he is cut less slack than others. People calling him out as dreadful today? That’s a hell of an over reaction. Brilliant? Naw. But nowhere near dreadful or even the worst Hibs player on the pitch.

We also had the ironic cheering when he was subbed a couple of weeks back.

The funny thing is, I don’t think a single person on here would argue that he should be a first pick, me included. Criticism is fine when deserved but other than a few stray passes he didn’t do anything wrong today.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Thread is hitching imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    So were there any standouts today?
    Efe put in about as good a performance from him as I've ever seen. I'd say he was the best player in a Hibs shirt today.

How did Horgan look guys?

Quote Originally Posted by one day maybe... View Post
    Lennon said he is not getting time to work with the players because the games are coming thick and fast. It’s been rest and managing players niggles. He’s happy that we are involved in all these games because that’s what top sides have to deal with. Unfortunately we are not quite there yet but hopefully we continue to strengthen the team & i’m sure Neil knows which parts need strenthened.
    Enjoy the ride it’s good to be a Hibby right now. We have no divine right to win every game, that would be bloody boring if we did 💚
    Same as the SC season. We just don't have the squad/budget to compete on 2 or 3 fronts at the same time regularly. Something has to give. Our form thus far has actually been quite amazing considering how late the squad is being finalised (an observation not a criticism) and how many games we have played so early.

You only have to look at the issues Celtic appear to be having with their significantly favourable budget to see how tough it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Showed enough to suggest he’ll be decent.

Played one superb pass which would have had Whittaker in one on one. The only problem was that Kamberi intercepted it.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Why do you think his errors are magnified?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He signed for Rangers.

Did fine without being spectacular. I think he'll be a good addition. Unlucky with one shot which deflected over the bar.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    How did Hyndman play today?

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    How did Hyndman play today?
    Fairly average to be honest. He had a few decent moments but flitted in and out of the game before he was subbed for Horgan.

First Team Breakthrough
    This thread is bonkers, so much frothing and pant pishing. Was not great today but all things considered a good point. Folk need to chill tfo

@hibs.net private member
    I thought Whittaker was very poor in the first half mostly due to constantly giving the ball away. He was much better as the game wore on. To be fair he was trying passes to advance us quickly butike McLaren he looks like be needs time on the pitch to get his rhythm

As long as we are in the europa league we will find it tough to play all these rapid games. Allied to mclaren getting up to speed and the new guys settling in it won't be plain sailing. Its a double edged sword. Win in Europe and we're all ecstatic, the club gains loads of dosh but we get stretched. Get knocked out by molde and we're peeved off but the squad will have time to recover from knocks and get everybody up to speed. I'm not too bothered about dropped points while we're battling in Europe. We're all loving the euro run. I doubt many of us envisaged us in our position four years ago. It's a long season so let's enjoy the roller-coaster.

Btw that's one defeat in our last 21 competitive games. Just thought I'd mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    Btw that's one defeat in our last 21 competitive games. Just thought I'd mention it.
    Lennon out
    Butcher in.

To have this exciting wee run in Europe yet still keep kicking up points on a Sunday is pretty special and we should be proud of these guys.
    Our manager has transformed this club and we should enjoy every minute we have of him.

Thought we looked much more of threat when he came on

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    I can't believe this place sometimes.

I had to leave my hotel at halftime and I didn't manage to find somewhere with wi-fi until after the game had finished.

When I logged back in to the MB, I was dreading finding out that we'd lost so I gave a small cheer when I saw we had taken a point.

Then I read the rest of this thread to see that for some folk, the sky has fallen in. Again.

Under plenty of previous managers, Hibs would have crumbled after losing the first goal. We didn't.

We're still in second place along side our rivals who also have a win and a draw to their name so far.

And, to put things in perspective, Celtic won the league in a canter last year and they drew 10 times and lost 4.

We're unbeaten after 7 games. Try to enjoy it.
    Exactly, 7 games into the season and we're still unbeaten. 4 of those games have seen us progress through 2 rounds of UEFA games and we're in a decent position to get our 3rd scalp in that competition. We're sat 2nd in the league after 2 games and our average attendances are around 16 000 with the club showing a willingness to reinvest in the team.

All in all the start of the 2018/19 season is arguably the best in decades but still some on here are filled with doom and gloom, how ever did they survive being Hibs fans the last 30 odd years.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    To have this exciting wee run in Europe yet still keep kicking up points on a Sunday is pretty special and we should be proud of these guys.
    Our manager has transformed this club and we should enjoy every minute we have of him.
    Totally agree it is a great time to be a Hibby we need to step back at times and appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Very true...how many teams struggle on a Sunday after euro games yet we've managed 4 out of 6 so far...not bad going at all

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    Exactly, 7 games into the season and we're still unbeaten. 4 of those games have seen us progress through 2 rounds of UEFA games and we're in a decent position to get our 3rd scalp in that competition. We're sat 2nd in the league after 2 games and our average attendances are around 16 000 with the club showing a willingness to reinvest in the team.

All in all the start of the 2018/19 season is arguably the best in decades but still some on here are filled with doom and gloom, how ever did they survive being Hibs fans the last 30 odd years.

While I'm sure nobody would argue the St Johnstone game was a good result it's also not a bad one (and yes, I get it's these points dropped that tell at the end of the season). Gametime for MacLaren, Horgan and Hyndman plus, if we get the same on Thursday it'll have been a very good week where we maintain 2nd place in the league and get to the cusp of the group stages in Europe.

And this having lost our amazing midfield from last season.

Someone had offered you that during the fag end of Butcher's spell in charge and you'd have snapped their hand off.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Yeah but we didn't win all 20 of those games. Not good enough.

Unbeaten in 7, one defeat in 21..

There's still player(s) to come in and some aren't up to speed yet.

Chill pills needed for some..

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Looks like a member of the Swanson family isn’t best pleased with Lenny...
    Attached Images Attached Images

And during that run we've scored 50 goals and beaten Celtic, Aberdeen, Rangers and Hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Looks like a member of the Swanson family isn’t best pleased with Lenny...
    Well now that some throbber on Twitter has commented I for one am no longer impressed with NL's win ratio of 51% or the fact that he's only lost 16 of his 99 matches as Hibs boss.

For the record Butcher had an identical % to Lennon......in terms of loss ratio where he managed to rack up 15 losses in his 29 games in charge.