hibs.net Messageboard

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
    Yesterday was the first time I looked at Swanson and thought "this guy guy doesn't have what it takes to play for Hibs".

There was one basic pass in particular out to Stevenson that was shockingly under hit.

He had a great game against Celtic and has shown flashes in his brief cameos but sadly I just don't think he has what it takes.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Looks like a member of the Swanson family isn’t best pleased with Lenny...
    Swanson has obviously had terrible off field issues to contend with, but unfortunately there’s no room for sentiment when there’s better in front of you. He’s had a lot of slack from the fans, especially being a Hibs fan - unfortunately for him Lennon picks the team for footballing reasons only.

Seems like Danny has been mouthing off to friends about Lennon rather than knuckling down and fighting for his place.

Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    Swanson has obviously had terrible off field issues to contend with, but unfortunately there’s no room for sentiment when there’s better in front of you. He’s had a lot of slack from the fans, especially being a Hibs fan - unfortunately for him Lennon picks the team for footballing reasons only.

Seems like Danny has been mouthing off to friends about Lennon rather than knuckling down and fighting for his place.
    Completely agree on the first part but to be fair to Swanson there's no evidence he's been mouthing off - families can be total pricks on their own without the need for prompting ;)

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Yesterday was the first time I looked at Swanson and thought "this guy guy doesn't have what it takes to play for Hibs".

There was one basic pass in particular out to Stevenson that was shockingly under hit.

He had a great game against Celtic and has shown flashes in his brief cameos but sadly I just don't think he has what it takes.
    Based on 4 minutes yesterday? That's bold.

Quote Originally Posted by The Leith Dutch View Post
    Completely agree on the first part but to be fair to Swanson there's no evidence he's been mouthing off - families can be total pricks on their own without the need for prompting ;)
    Whilst he’s able to form his own opinions about team selection, the part about ‘management skills’ allude to having inside information IMO.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    Whilst he’s able to form his own opinions about team selection, the part about ‘management skills’ allude to having inside information IMO.
    His management skills had us fighting right up to the last day of the season for 3rd, and the week before 2nd.

He must have been very lucky to have his team go so well over the course of a full season, rather than the fragmented seasons we've had in the past, where we've had poor 2nd halfs to the season under different managers.

He's also started this season undefeated, after losing the best midfield in Scotland, and replacing them with different types, and bedding them in, but also chopping and changing them to try and keep the team fresh for Europe, another thing he must have been lucky to qualify for.

Players who dont play much, will always be unhappy, and players who support the club and have family who support the club will always back their man.

If we were struggling, i could see their point, we are not and we are at an all time high with crowds since i have been watching us.

Seems like sour grapes to me, and while i have lots of sympathy with Danny over what happened to his good friend, but that and his part in the problems we had in the hotel while abroad have given Lennon problems which he had to address, and others have come in and overtaken Danny in the pecking order.

I had great hopes when we signed him, in fact Lennon signed him, was that a mistake too?

It's looking like he's just one of those players who looked like a good signing, but its just not worked out.

To be fair, I think the ground was holding the ball up by that stage. Whittaker did the same minutes later. Poor Lewy was throwing himself into hospital balls with his usual 110% effort.

Danny won’t be anywhere near match fit and will struggle to get there with 5 minutes here and there.

Unfortunately for him, I think the writing is on the wall. Lennon doesn’t fancy him but more than anything, I think he’s came to the club at a time when our Calibre Of player is much higher than it has been for years. I’m sure he would’ve walked into a few of our teams in the darker days.

Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    Based on 4 minutes yesterday? That's bold.
    Based on a succession of things really.

Why does Lennon (whose opinion I trust) not deem him worthy of more than 4 minutes at a time when we're playing 2 games every week early in the season?

Why has he not really made his mark in any of his brief cameos?

I take the point above that the ball was holding up a bit on the pitch, and that it wasn't the only dodgy pass out to Lewis but all of the other players had positive contributions at other times to make up for the odd dodgy pass - Swanson sadly didn't.

It was just a hunch I got. He should have been champing at the bit and starting against his former club. As it was, he failed to make a positive impression during the last 5 minutes.

I've been urging him to do well and I'd love to see him get a proper chance and make it. Those 4 minutes were the first time I looked at him and thought he didn't really have what it took to play in our team.

It was brief, and it is probably very harsh but that was just the way I saw it.

One thing I noticed in the highlights was McLarens shot was well over the line when the boy cleared it.

Don’t listen to what Danny’s cousin is saying he is forever opening his mouth before engaging his brain

I agree. Lennon sees him every day in training and he still only gets a few minutes here and there. Just cant see him featuring too much in the team this season.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    One thing I noticed in the highlights was McLarens shot was well over the line when the boy cleared it.
    I thought it was too hard to tell for certain. Obviously, I'd have given it
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Based on a succession of things really.

Why does Lennon (whose opinion I trust) not deem him worthy of more than 4 minutes at a time when we're playing 2 games every week early in the season?

Why has he not really made his mark in any of his brief cameos?

I take the point above that the ball was holding up a bit on the pitch, and that it wasn't the only dodgy pass out to Lewis but all of the other players had positive contributions at other times to make up for the odd dodgy pass - Swanson sadly didn't.

It was just a hunch I got. He should have been champing at the bit and starting against his former club. As it was, he failed to make a positive impression during the last 5 minutes.

I've been urging him to do well and I'd love to see him get a proper chance and make it. Those 4 minutes were the first time I looked at him and thought he didn't really have what it took to play in our team.

It was brief, and it is probably very harsh but that was just the way I saw it.
    I think that's fair. Managers don't keep their best players out the side, so if someone's not in the team it's because there's a better option ahead of them.

I like Swanson, I'm desparate for him to do well but he needs to do more to get a jersey from someone in the first 11 already.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I thought it was too hard to tell for certain. Obviously, I'd have given it
    I just went by where the boy ended up and the reaction of the Hibs players. Well over the line was probably a bit speculative.

Can't believe the absoulte meltdown from some. If we sign a decent box to box central midfielder then we are back to a very good team. One draw to St Johnstone who are the only team we didn't beat last season doesn't really prove anything especially when we were resting key players and had a game on the Thursday night.

I have full faith in Lennon to deliver both in Europe and the league this season.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Can’t say I’m overly impressed by Swansons brief cameos but know there’s perhaps a player in there. I think it would be better for all parties to maybe cut ties and go separate ways. He’ll be 32 by the end of the year and him sitting on the bench isn’t good for his final career stages. Nor is it good for our squad and budget.

Left by mutual consent!
    Probably been mentioned earlier in the thread but was Tony Watt getting stick from the Hibs fans yesterday? If not, what on earth was his celebration supposed to prove? Was he honestly trying to play the 'ex yam' card?! If so, he's a sad case given that he was hopeful for the yams and was quickly punted - as he has been with pretty much every club he's been at.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I think that's fair. Managers don't keep their best players out the side, so if someone's not in the team it's because there's a better option ahead of them.

I like Swanson, I'm desparate for him to do well but he needs to do more to get a jersey from someone in the first 11 already.
    Quote Originally Posted by .KingDomofFife. View Post
    I agree. Lennon sees him every day in training and he still only gets a few minutes here and there. Just cant see him featuring too much in the team this season.
    Managers do keep their best players out the team - Riordan at Celtic anyone?

For whatever reason NL just does not want Danny in his team I douby any of us will get the full answer. Danny has not really had a chance although when he has had 60 mins plus I agree he could have done better but those all came at a bad time for him. So with that I think it is best for Him and Hibs if he moves on and I wish him all the best.

After Hibs gave him all their support during the trial he didn't help himself by what happened in Portugal, he's lost Lennon's trust and the fact Lennon tried to move him on in January says it all. It would be best if he moved in.

I think, maybe like Scot Allan, Swanson might just be a better fit at st Johnstone. I hate to see a good player go to waste - especially one I think is a good guy. Msaybe Lennon has not forgiven him as I cannot figure why he did not play directly after his great performance against Celtic but either way he needs to be playing at this time in his career. Msybe he will wait to see out our Euro adventure first as you never know how things might turn out if we do the unthinkable and get to the group stages as we vwill need every player in our squad to contribute......lets hope that he gets that chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_F View Post
    We’re bang average without McGinn. Midfield is slow, devoid of drive, urgency & a leader..

Bad enough to lose him, Dylan & Allan then to replace all 3 with players nowhere near as good..

Nobody expects us to replace like for like but if we don’t even come close we’ll be miles off from last season
    Was ripped for this on Sunday but now the general consensus seems to be similar...

Midfield is desperately in need of fresh faces...