hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

The most important Hibs players this century

To get the ball rolling, I'll go for Franck Sauzee.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member R'Albin's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Razza96
    John McGinn.

Conrad Logan

Sir David Gray, Sir Liam Henderson and Sir Anthony Stokes.

David Gray. Alan Stubbs got the ball rolling but his header not only won us the cup and helped propel us to where we are now, but it helped launch the Jambo bu****t of the Hibs'd it crap into oblivion and left them with nothing to sing about. That said I've had too much wine tonight and I may change my mind in the morning.....

Left by mutual consent!
    Sjm

Hurtado 😃

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    The question is most important player - not most skilful, most popular, most influential. On that basis, the player who has been most important is Conrad Logan. That semi can be viewed as a turning point in the history of our club, and that semi is remembered for only one man.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The question is most important player - not most skilful, most popular, most influential. On that basis, the player who has been most important is Conrad Logan. That semi can be viewed as a turning point in the history of our club, and that semi is remembered for only one man.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk
    On that day, my semi remembered every man 🕵️
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Shirley is has to be David Gray? Without his beautiful head, we wouldn't have won a certain cup.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Sparkie. Carried our team and entertained with some awesome displays no one creating so he had to pick up and make something out of nothing and invariably did. Played and scored with utter joy. What people come to the football to watch.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

The only man with both cups, Stevenson.

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar
    For this century I think you’ve got to consider the golden generation guys, wouldn’t single out any one particular player but the money they brought in let us finish the new stadium and build the training complex.

Sir David Gray.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Paul Hanlon. For many reasons but mainly that equaliser at Tiny when all seemed lost

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Probably difficult to land on one player over 18 years. The whole team that won the cup will go down in history. Over and above that guys like SJM, Lewis 2 cups, Sauzee, Conrad, Sparky, Deek, and a few others. You also can't forget people like Leeann, Stubbs, Lennon, even McLiesh. Even back to the TTs and famous five it would be difficult pick one player out. Everyone will have favourites

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    think it has to be the team that won the scottish cup, the whole club seems to have changed for the better since then

First Team Breakthrough
    Has to be Sir David.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Scott Brown.

Leading representative of The Golden Generation, typified the footballing swagger that all good Hibs teams have, and his transfer helped set up our club for the future.

Also won a cup with us, of course.

Has to be David Gray not just for that goal but his performance that day and ever since he walked through the door he has been the definition of our rise since 2014.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    There are many players who could get this accolade, but as someone else has already said, Lewis Stevenson is the only player to have won both cups at Hibs, how much more can one player do?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    I can't split Lewis Stevenson and David Gray.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There are many players who could get this accolade, but as someone else has already said, Lewis Stevenson is the only player to have won both cups at Hibs, how much more can one player do?
    Win more hopefully 😉

First Team Breakthrough micka_weer's Avatar
    Lewis 100%

This century it has to be Lewis Stevenson...........

But even he would have to go some to surpass GOD! in the last century..........

Despite the general disappointment of his last two spells here, I'd say Stokes who not only was a key figure in our Scottish Cup run but had an all-time great performance in the final.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Its a tough call because there have been several and ones who were important but get forgotten about, Rob Jones being a case in point, a great leader of a super team and scored the winner against the Hertz on the way to winning the league cup … also came onto the pitch after the second half kick off in a cup final, what a guy

In this century there have been many players who have starred at this club, but not too many who have been so important to the team that your heart sank when they were missing from the team sheet, IMO that leaves only three players in contention. Sauzee, Griffiths and McGinn, all three in their own way absolutely loved by the fans to the extent that when they left we all still follow their progress.

The winner …. Super John McGinn ….. Stuck around far longer than he needed to, never tried the Billy Big baws nonsense, never looked to engineer a move, drove this team from midfield for 3 years and a cup winning legend.

Special mention to Paul Hanlon and Lewis Stevenson ….. both absolute rocks for this club and in 30 years from now if they both don't become successful managers or coaches they will be the ones acting as club ambassadors on match days, with Lewis of course having the distinction of being the only Hibs player ever to have won both cups …. at the time of writing of course

In the remembered forever for a single game category. Conrad Logan, Anthony Stokes and of course Sir David Gray …. all proving that legends can be created in a day.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 12-08-2018 at 11:04 AM.