hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The return leg

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

The return leg

How does everyone think we’ll do? I didn’t see much from Molde tonight to suggest we have anything to fear going over there. Obviously they’ll be a bit more attacking as their at home, but that will help us to break away and get an away goal. The tie is definitely still in the balance.

United we stand here....

2. Log in to remove the advert

I thought Molde were extremely poor. We can definitely do this next week. Very, very surprised at how poor they were and also surprised at such a poor away support. Another week, another fitter Hibs team.
    We CAN do this!

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Our biggest challenge is knowing our best shape/starting 11. We all know Boyle isn't a striker but he played there and it's difficult to come up with an XI that would have suited us better.

Yep, didn't see anything to fear. We can score over there. Not over by a long shot.
    Laidlaw didn't have a save to make tonight, with a little more belief we could/should have scored tonight.

Play like we did tonight and we've every chance. We were the better side tonight for large spells.

We hardly created any chances whatsoever from open play. It seemed to me Molde were fairly happen to play for a draw.

If I was having a bet on I'd fancy Molde pretty strongly to win the return leg and qualify. Let's not forget they will have their £7 million striker back for the second leg.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Molde are playing top of the table Brann this weekend as well so that'll be three tough games in a row for them.

Think we can sneak a goal in Norway so quietly confident of going through to what looks like Minsk as somehow they're 4-0 up against Zenit!

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We hardly created any chances whatsoever from open play. It seemed to me Molde were fairly happen to play for a draw.

If I was having a bet on I'd fancy Molde pretty strongly to win the return leg and qualify. Let's not forget they will have their £7 million striker back for the second leg.
    Why will they have him back? Has the move to Salzburg fallen through?

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

I’m not sure that’s true. If he signed for another team today and was loaned back he will have missed the deadline to play in the return leg.

United we stand here....

We were the better team tonight and were unlucky not to score at least twice. I think we will score over there.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875

They can't have him back if he's signed for another team. He'd have missed the deadline to be registered for Molde this knockout stage surely?

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby

Why will they? I thought he was signing for another team?

I think we had a fair number of shots that tested the keeper from open play so not sure what you mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we can score in Norway. We almost played the perfect home leg tonight - carved out 3 or 4 very good chances whilst not giving them a sniff at goal. Laidlaw didn’t have any meaningful saves to make at all. I think we will be stronger next week as Kamberi will be fully over his injury and McLaren should be back up to speed. Hyndman and, hopefully, Agyepong will be in contention for places too so with a wee bit of luck we can make the 4th round.

@hibs.net private member

We had 11 shots on goal. 6 of them on target!!

Shocking support and offered nowt going forward. If we keep it tight again and play well like we can we should beat them.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Plastic pitch gives them an advantage.

Hopefully we can sneak a goal though.

We’ve got a chance but it’s a slim one.. they will be better at home but we’ve already proved under Lennon we can win away against decent opponents.. wish I was on my way to Norway..still in with a chance

Don’t see it being much different.

They move it well but we look more of a threat. I’d expect them to come out a bit more at home but that might suit us.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    i thought they were a very well organised team, always a man finding space for the pass, but at least we kept a clean sheet, but other than Mallan having two great shots at goal(one hitting the bar) in the first 45 we didn't create anything ourselves, there were no midfielders hanging around the edge of the box, chances for flo/squirrel were at a minimum, in fact i don't think flo had any chances and squirrel just the one where Slivka passed in to the box and squirrel stretched his leg out and the ball went just past the post....and that was it they did bring the smallest band of fans out of the three home ties

unfortunately the filthy huns look like getting to the group stages, like i thought they would :(

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    i thought they were a very well organised team, always a man finding space for the pass, but at least we kept a clean sheet, but other than Mallan having two great shots at goal(one hitting the bar) in the first 45 we didn't create anything ourselves, there were no midfielders hanging around the edge of the box, chances for flo/squirrel were at a minimum, in fact i don't think flo had any chances and squirrel just the one where Slivka passed in to the box and squirrel stretched his leg out and the ball went just past the post....and that was it they did bring the smallest band of fans out of the three home ties

unfortunately the filthy huns look like getting to the group stages, like i thought they would :(

Dave Gray had a great header that the keeper saved low at his left hand post late in the game.

They're strong, fit and well-organised but look short of creativity and never required Laidlaw to make a serious save. They're favourites now, but I don't think that a score draw or even an odd goal win is out of the question for us.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck Stanton View Post
    Dave Gray had a great header that the keeper saved low at his left hand post late in the game.

thanks for jogging the memory soon as he headed it i jumped up to celebrate

Really. How many saves did the keeper make, including two belters?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BullsCloseHibs View Post
    I thought Molde were extremely poor. We can definitely do this next week. Very, very surprised at how poor they were and also surprised at such a poor away support. Another week, another fitter Hibs team.
    We CAN do this!
    They weren't poor by any stretch of theimagination...tidy and neat in possession if a bit toothless up front. We matched a really decent side tonight and every chance over there

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    The main thing was we did not concede which will mean Molde will have to come out a lot more than they did tonight. Which in fact might suit us as it will leave a lot of space in behind them and we have the players that can punish them. They will be slight favourites with home advantage but our away record in Europe recently under Lennon has been good. I fancy us to score over there. Also just realised they have a huge must win game this weekend against top of the table Brann.

@hibs.net private member
    We won’t ever get a better chance to get to the group stages. A score draw against Molde and a play off against Minsk. Molde don’t look any better than us and fitness wise they are halfway through their season. I think Hibs will qualify based on last nights game.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    They weren't poor by any stretch of theimagination...tidy and neat in possession if a bit toothless up front. We matched a really decent side tonight and every chance over there

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Totally agree wish we could be as poor in possession and as sharp and physical. The move where they took us apart and Laidlaw collected Hanlons interception was brilliant. They will fancy their chances at home on the artificial pitch and we will have to play very well to compete however we are definitely in the tie and them coming on to us may suit us. Defensively dont think they are great however we will need to be solid also. All to play for.

Left by mutual consent!
    They are a decent team. Kept the ball well. Attacked with pace but didn’t create. For me it’s 50 / 50 who goes through. I’m confident we will go through. Players will also have another game under thier belt, which will help.

If we sort the midfield we will go through

Coaching Staff
    Hibs score the first goal and that would really put the pressure on. Hope we get the backing of a lot of fans outnoising the locals!