hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Almost everyone on the PNE forum saying he seems good but his end product is absolute mince.

Not the most raving reviews from them although I'll see how he does for us before passing final judgement
    Sounds fairly similar to Barker

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    He looks like he chips in with a few goals, always a bonus when signing a player who's not a forward.

Iíll do my bit to bump this up because this looks a very serious signing for us. Playing in English Championship with 4 ROI caps in 2017 FFS! Thatís a real deal signing. The hairs on the back of my neck are standing up.

Welcome to our beloved club, Daryl.

Quote Originally Posted by .KingDomofFife. View Post
    Sounds fairly similar to Barker
    Most likely some bartering behind the scenes with Alex Neil and Barker and Horganís agent with the McGinn money the catalyst for getting it over the line?
    Working for a Scottish Labour Government in an Independent Scotland

https://www.facebook.com/labourforindependence/

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Welcome Daryl, don't know an awful lot about you but I trust lenny's judgement

Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    Most likely some bartering behind the scenes with Alex Neil and Barker and Horganís agent with the McGinn money the catalyst for getting it over the line?
    Possibly explains Barker's "teasing" of a return to ER.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    He looks like he chips in with a few goals, always a bonus when signing a player who's not a forward.
    Not so long ago it was a bonus when we signed a forward who chipped in with a few goals.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SanFranHibs View Post
    Not so long ago it was a bonus when we signed a forward who chipped in with a few goals.

Word!
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!

Laughed when a guy on the PNE thread said he was surprised Hibs fans hadn't made the Tyrion Lannister comparison yet Ö. It was the first thing I thought when I saw his picture Ö hope he's half as entertaining

They liked his attitude and commitment which is good, but seemed to think his final ball was lacking and his tactical awareness was poor "but he should do well in Scotland" was the common theme Ö. aye, coz Hibs are quite happy to see their wingers crosses going out for throw ins on the other side of the pitch and not understanding their role in the formation. Hopefully our coaching is better than theirs.

That remains to be seen I suppose, though from when he arrived till the day he left we did seem to make some progress with Brandon Barker in both these areas, he was lacking somewhat in both when he came to ER as well.

Anyway, welcome to the Hibees Daryl, you sound like you could be just the guy we need, final ball and positional sense notwithstanding
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 11-08-2018 at 04:24 PM.

First Team Breakthrough
    That's a good point, Hibs right now with Lennon seems to be all about improving players.

Look at Boyle, when he joined he was very raw now he's one of our best players every week!

Promising Youngster hibbiemacfie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Laughed when a guy on the PNE thread said he was surprised Hibs fans hadn't made the Tyrion Lannister comparison yet Ö. It was the first thing I thought when I saw his picture Ö hope he's half as entertaining

They liked his attitude and commitment which is good, but seemed to think his final ball was lacking and his tactical awareness was poor "but he should do well in Scotland" was the common theme Ö. aye, coz Hibs are quite happy to see their wingers crosses going out for throw ins on the other side of the pitch and not understanding their role in the formation. Hopefully our coaching is better than theirs.

That remains to be seen I suppose, though from when he arrived till the day he left we did seem to make some progress with Brandon Barker in both these areas, he was lacking somewhat in both when he came to ER as well.

Anyway, welcome to the Hibees Daryl, you sound like you could be just the guy we need, final ball and positional sense notwithstanding
    Isn't Google great? I had no idea who Tyrion Lannister was as I never watch Game Of Thrones. Have we signed the smallest player ever to play for Hibs?

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Really looking forward to seeing him play for Hibs - a lot of guys in Galway were raving about him to me when it was originally rumoured that we were keen, but it all went quiet for a while.

@hibs.net private member IWasThere2016's Avatar

@hibs.net private member vince1973's Avatar
    Iím in country Mayo atm and the guys Iíve spoken to rate this guy. Said heís a great player and was the best player in Ireland for a few years. If heís played in England For a couple more years Shirley he will be better now? Anyway they guys Iíve spoken to seem to think
    Heís a great player. Looking forward to seeing him.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigHibee View Post
    Welcome Daryl, don't know an awful lot about you but I trust lenny's judgement
    Strange comment. I'd defo recommend researching and getting to know more about him. He's good.

Sorry Iím guessing the answer is no for this round but can he play in Europe?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

....SHARE THE VISION RODNEY....

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Sorry Iím guessing the answer is no for this round but can he play in Europe?
    No, heíll be available for St Johnstone, but not Molde. Needed to be registered before the first leg.

Exciting signing, 3 year deal, another statement of intent
    "There's class, there's first class and there's Hibs class" - Eddie Turnbull

Looks promising.

Showed some good touches when he came on today. Comfortable with either foot.

Shame heís not available on Thursday.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Thought he looked great when he came on - gets you on the edge of your seat.

@hibs.net private member DexterStJock's Avatar
    Looks like he needs work on the end product but will be some player.
    Lien Nonnel