hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 78 of 78

Thread: Undisclosed Fee

  1. #61
    @hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Southside
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,536
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think they do. After everything is said and done, the fans are the ones that fund the club. Without the fans, the club would cease to exist.
    Sorry, but your argument doesn't hold water, the details are private and we need to assume the board got the best deal for the club.

    Is it any different to asking your local pub to give you details of a financial transaction?

    After all as a customer, you fund them and without customers they would cease to exist.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #62
    Testimonial Due Greenworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,751
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think the fans have a right to know, especially with fans buying shares in HSL etc. The £100,000 fee we got for Murray was made known, why not McGinn
    150k reported

    Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

  4. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think the fans have a right to know, especially with fans buying shares in HSL etc. The £100,000 fee we got for Murray was made known, why not McGinn
    The folk running the show have just got a 7 figure return on a 6 figure investment. If they think it makes more sense to keep it quiet maybe we should just trust them?

  5. #64
    Stewart Gilmore (ex St. Mirren Chairman) has stated that the fee they (St.M) received for the SJM transfer was the highest transfer fee St Mirren have ever received. Remember, St Mirren sold Iain Ferguson to Rangers for £1m in the Souness era so based on the widely quoted 30% - 33% “sell on” clause, I think it’s fair to assume the total initial fee paid by AV was between £3.5m - £4m.

    I can fully understand why all clubs involved (us, St.M & AV) would prefer to stick to the “undisclosed fee” arrangement and whilst we fans would prefer to know exactly how the deal was done and how much we received, the more important thing for us is how the funds are spent once received.
    If they disappear into an accounts black hole and we never really see an obvious benefit to the playing side of the club then we would be rightly p****d off. however, if we sign one or two quality players for decent fees and see the new indoor pitch created at East Mains then I’m sure none of us will be particularly concerned with the exact details of the amount received for SJM.
    Last edited by cappoquinboy; 11-08-2018 at 07:30 AM.

  6. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry, but your argument doesn't hold water, the details are private and we need to assume the board got the best deal for the club.

    Is it any different to asking your local pub to give you details of a financial transaction?

    After all as a customer, you fund them and without customers they would cease to exist.
    If I had invested in shares of the pub like I have with HSL, then yes, I'd want to see the figures.

  7. #66
    @hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Southside
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,536
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If I had invested in shares of the pub like I have with HSL, then yes, I'd want to see the figures.
    .....and you will, when our accounts come out 👍

  8. #67
    @hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    22,719
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenworld View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    150k reported

    Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
    Not by the club, though.

    http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/8985

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 11-08-2018 at 08:28 AM.

  9. #68
    @hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Lytham St Annes
    Age
    54
    Posts
    3,102
    Quote Originally Posted by monarch View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What salary do you earn and what’s the maximum you could attain ? Also what bonuses did you accumulate this year ?
    Sorry Monarch but what on earth has that got to do with a transfer fee between two clubs, there is no correlation at all. Who mentioned salaries and bonuses?

    As for not disclosing how much we got for SJM so that other clubs know how much we have to spend, you dont have to be Sherlock Holmes to figure the fee is close to £4 million.

    Incidently Villas average wage is between £20k and 25K a week (easily found with a bit of research online). Not that in my original post I mentioned anything about a players earnings.

  10. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think the fans have a right to know, especially with fans buying shares in HSL etc. The £100,000 fee we got for Murray was made known, why not McGinn
    The fans have a right to know? Pish.
    As has been said, it's really not good business for others to know what we've gained from this.

    You constantly post negatives about Hibs, I think I know why.

  11. #70
    @hibs.net private member Captain Trips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Age
    44
    Posts
    12,842
    Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    For the type of player we are competition go for it probably puts an extra 50k to 100k on the price if they knew we got 4m as poised to letting people think it was under 3m. The type of clubs we are competing with Aberdeen,Hearts and League 1 England can up their bids by 5ok to 100k quite easily. Higher transfer fees push the general market up us we have seen in England. This filters down to all levels. The clubs we are competing with are not awash with money. Why at our level not a good idea to disclose fees and keep a lid on the prices of players at our level.

    Again the market we deal in all clubs we wish to buy from know we got a fee for SJM. They will know it was over £1m. If they want 200k for a player they might now want £250k from us as they know we have money knowing it is £1m or £100m will not IMO change how much a club might try to add on. W
    If I choose to revert back to Carlsberg it will have to be The Carlsberg

  12. #71
    Testimonial Due mjhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Portobello
    Age
    58
    Posts
    4,370
    It's far more likely you'll find the correct fee on twitter. The newspaper hacks don't get told anything these days so likely that it's been quietly released on twitter by someone without the fanfare. Hibs wanted a set fee and my guess would be £2.5m after St Mirrens cut. That would tie in with sjm getting a £350,000 signing on fee, which would be paid by Aston villa as part of his wages as 10% of the transfer fee. So lennys saying it was between £3-4 m is correct. The fee was £3.5m and we got £2.5m.Also ties in with us flatly rejecting celtic offer of £2m which was £1.5m below our valuation. Lawell played a blinder btw. Lol. 10% sell on fee seems to standard now and isn't a charge to villa at the moment. There you are. Sorted. We'll almost. Lol.

  13. #72
    Solipsist Eyrie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    PDSBRE
    Posts
    7,091
    As a fan I'm curious to know what fee we got for McGinn.

    As a shareholder I'm fully in agreement with the club not making the fee public.

    There's plenty of speculation out there, so some rumours will be closer to the mark than others. But I won't be relying on any of them to be right because it is all speculation unless it comes from either Hibs or Villa.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

  14. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can someone explain why the JM fee was undisclosed (and why any transfer fee is noted as undisclosed?)

    Personally I would like to know the outcome of this particular transfer deal. It would be good to know, what transfer fee will be recieved, what add ons may fall due to Hibs (sell on fees, promotion bonuses etc) and how much will go to St Mirren.

    I'd also like to know, how much the manager may expect to receive toward the player budget.

    I feel a bit in the dark with this one.
    I'm delighted it's undisclosed.

    Too many folk on here obsessed over it and the potential for meltdown was huge - people with unrealistic ambitions and a lot of false comparisons using overly inflated markets like the EPL.

    Assuming the club isn't put in financial difficulties the only thing anyone on here should be concerned about is what players we have to put out on the park.

  15. #74
    @hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Age
    48
    Posts
    4,906
    Hibs got 2.8 m, fact 😉

  16. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs got 2.8 m, fact 😉
    That's the figure that everyone was bouncing about on Thursday night. Apparently it was quoted a few times on the radio.

  17. #76
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    700
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm_cabbaged View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs got 2.8 m, fact 😉
    Just over 9 feet. We’ve been robbed 😄

  18. #77
    @hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    1000's of people's Barcelona
    Posts
    35,973
    Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    And yet the price you paid for your house is piblished online.

    It’s anti-competitive behaviour which undermines a free market to benefit privileged individuals.
    The amount someone sells their house for doesn't affect how much they pay for their next property.

    The house seller can't extract more from the buyer, regardless of how wealthy they are.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £1,789.68!



  19. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturday Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just over 9 feet. We’ve been robbed 😄
    9 feet is also coincidentally the number of toes the average Jambo has.....

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved