hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Overall, we could and should have had a couple of goalswhich would have been nice to take over there. I think we need to give themcredit, at times we were chasing shadows. That’s not Sliv/Bartley or Mallan’sfault imo but down to just how good this side were at times knocking it around.We BADLY missed SJM’s energy in that regard. They were a step up in class fromanybody we’ve faced over the last couple years.

They tired though and in he second half were wasting time tosee the game out. Likelihood is they will be an entirely different propositionat home but we go there with an excellent record domestically, and in Europe awayfrom home under Lennon.

Players wise – standouts over the 90 were SDG and Bartley. Prematch I worried this side would move it too quickly and Bartley would be lostalthough they did shift it quickly, he stuck to his task and played reallywell. SDG is just the ultimate. Crunching in to tackles, being an outball atevery opportunity, putting crosses in and almost getting in on the scoring.Mallan and Sliv both showed glimpses, sliv I think needs a hard worker inbeside him, he’s so slow but has a nice touch and feint on him that can trickthe opposition. Boyle was wasted up top. Showed he had the beating of them whenrunning at them but opportunities never presented themselves because of wherehe played.

Personally thought that Flo and Hanlon were, below theirusual standards of performance. Lewy was sensational and Ryan dealt with theirpowerful attackers well over the 90. Laidlaw not having a save to make is incredibleand I suppose shows how well we dealt with them

Hope over fear heading in to the 2nd leg, sneak agoal and its all to play for but feel we may rue the missed opportunities fromlast night.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Kojock's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Col_0762 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You honestly must watch a different game to me every week. It’s like my Grandad, no one can do any wrong. Incredible.
    Knowing Johnnyboy he probably is your grandad lol

I actually thought it was a pretty decent performance, with two sides that pretty much cancelled each other out. The sheer size of the Molde players, particularly the back line, was a real challenge, and they were pretty skilful with it.

If Hibs play exactly like that in the league, they'll easily beat most teams.

The atmosphere was also quite good, though I think the East Standites did much better than their FF Upper rivals.

As an aside, what was that hideously bad song they were singing last night and has one of them got a Megaphone?

Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    I thought Emerson’s was a half volley. I am fairly blind, mind.
    To be fair it came at a time when folk on the stairs were leaving and I didn't get the best view of the incident

Quote Originally Posted by SmashinGlass View Post
    Haaland won’t be able to play second leg as his registration. Changed today, meaning he missed the deadline
    Didn't realise that. Excellent news

Quote Originally Posted by Col_0762 View Post
    You honestly must watch a different game to me every week. It’s like my Grandad, no one can do any wrong. Incredible.
    I know I watch Hibs and am wondering who you were watching There wasn't a lot to be negative about really

Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    I thought it was an excellent performance against the best team we've played this season. I'm going to give credit to our much maligned defence for the lack of chances as Molde worked the ball really well at times and we faced several two-on-ones down the flanks.

I thought it was a good atmosphere too, and sometimes think people have unrealistic expectations - probably due to some of the incredible atmospheres we've had in recent seasons. But these have tended to be v Hearts, Huns, Celtic when the Hibs support has had plenty of incidents to react to and are naturally fired up. As another poster said, when the away support can be counted in multiples of ten it doesn't help.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Kojock View Post
    Knowing Johnnyboy he probably is your grandad lol
    Shut it you
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Slivka needs a run of games, IMHO. I don't think we can properly judge him until he's been in the side for a prolonged period. His issue is if he's doing enough when he gets a chance at the moment, and I think the jury's probably still out on that one.

FWIW, I think we'll see Mallan get better and better the more he plays, but his goals and shooting (important as they have been) aside, he hasn't done much more than Slivka in matches IMHO - I appreciate that's an 'if you take out everything he does, he doesn't do anything' type of post and I'm not really trying to talk down Mallan because I think he's been good, just trying to make a bit of a case for Slivka.
    The jury is definitely out on Slivka for me, but I totally agree that he needs a run of games for us to decide whether he’s going to have what it takes. He’s had a real stop start career with us so far, and at times he’s looked decent. I certainly won’t be writing him off just yet.

United we stand here....