Overall, we could and should have had a couple of goalswhich would have been nice to take over there. I think we need to give themcredit, at times we were chasing shadows. That’s not Sliv/Bartley or Mallan’sfault imo but down to just how good this side were at times knocking it around.We BADLY missed SJM’s energy in that regard. They were a step up in class fromanybody we’ve faced over the last couple years.

They tired though and in he second half were wasting time tosee the game out. Likelihood is they will be an entirely different propositionat home but we go there with an excellent record domestically, and in Europe awayfrom home under Lennon.

Players wise – standouts over the 90 were SDG and Bartley. Prematch I worried this side would move it too quickly and Bartley would be lostalthough they did shift it quickly, he stuck to his task and played reallywell. SDG is just the ultimate. Crunching in to tackles, being an outball atevery opportunity, putting crosses in and almost getting in on the scoring.Mallan and Sliv both showed glimpses, sliv I think needs a hard worker inbeside him, he’s so slow but has a nice touch and feint on him that can trickthe opposition. Boyle was wasted up top. Showed he had the beating of them whenrunning at them but opportunities never presented themselves because of wherehe played.

Personally thought that Flo and Hanlon were, below theirusual standards of performance. Lewy was sensational and Ryan dealt with theirpowerful attackers well over the 90. Laidlaw not having a save to make is incredibleand I suppose shows how well we dealt with them

Hope over fear heading in to the 2nd leg, sneak agoal and its all to play for but feel we may rue the missed opportunities fromlast night.