hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Forza Fred View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can see him being at Tynecastle at the start of next season.
    Since before he left us many have been convinced he will take this path. I am not sure why mind you

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Legend who scored a bucketload for us and I'm sure will score goals everywhere he goes.

He deserves much more gratitude and respect than he is getting here.
    Some players you know will go on to greater things e.g. Broony, SJM, etc. but for some reason, I've never felt that about Cumdog.

2 goals for him today as his team remain top of League 1 in England. Fair play to the boy.

Quote Originally Posted by yonder1875 View Post
    2 goals for him today as his team remain top of League 1 in England. Fair play to the boy.

I think he has 6 goals in 4 games? Plus a few assists today apparently - despite the experts on here telling us that he does nothing when not scoring.

Hermit Crab and the likes must be gutted

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post

I think he has 6 goals in 4 games? Plus a few assists today apparently - despite the experts on here telling us that he does nothing when not scoring.

Certainly found his level in league 1.

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post

It's League One in England. I'm happy he is scoring, but let's not pretend he is ripping it up in a strong league.

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    The fact is though....He is so much better than the third tier of football!

If he had stayed for another year...he would be playing for a good championship or even bottom of the league EPL team now.

I'm sure the money helps though.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    It's League One in England. I'm happy he is scoring, but let's not pretend he is ripping it up in a strong league.

Most SPL teams would be on a par with league one.

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Sauzee View Post
    Really. Based on what?

@hibs.net private member bawheid's Avatar
    Love him. Hibs legend. Sparked the comeback and killed them off at Easter Road. Lifted the Cup. Legend.

@hibs.net private member
    Really. Based on what?

Just my opinion, that’s all.

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    Just my opinion, that’s all.
    Fair enough.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    Which teams do you think are on a par with league 1? Is it premiership teams, championship teams? You do realise there is no such thing as the SPL?

Left by mutual consent!
    Hopefully he does well down there and gets sold in summer of more money.

Surely we have some kind of sell on clause

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    Which teams do you think are on a par with league 1? Is it premiership teams, championship teams? You do realise there is no such thing as the SPL?
    I didn’t realise that there was no such thing as SPL, silly me, however u know the point I was trying to make.

I didn’t realise that there was no such thing as SPL, silly me, however u know the point I was trying to make.
    Not at all, I was at the Villa v Brentford game and I would be confident of beating both, I also recently saw us take 4 off Shrewsbury and they were league 1. Our top 5 teams are a lot better than some people make out. Our middle table teams are also better than average and better than most league 1 teams. The only teams I think would struggle are St Mirren, Hamilton, Livingston and Dundee, having said that there are teams in our championship that would survive comfortably in league 1. All imho of course.

Yes it's League One but there's people on here telling us that Cummings would be back to Scotland soon enough and to lower half Premier team or our Championship. What with all the £1m strikers kicking about in these teams

Currently looks much more likely to get himself back to the English Championship

IMO
    Old Firm would be Newcastle in EPL
    Hibs, Hearts & Aberdeen would be Championship
    Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Dundee & St Johnstone would be EL1
    St Mirren, Livingston & Hamilton would be EL2

2 goals & 2 assists for cumdog today

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    My opinion. Jason looks a dick in a blue shirt

Seriously hes banging them in for a free scoring Peterborough team. He struggled a bit at Forest but doing the biz a rung lower. He's still young still developing and his bank balance has probably improved a lot.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Hopefully he can make a career for himself down there, looks to be doing well. As long as we never see him again at Rangers or Hearts.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yonder1875 View Post
    Agree good that he is proving himself down south rather than taking the easy option to come home.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    IMO

Imagine someone ploughed Man City money into one of the Glasgow clubs. Can't stand them but i reckon only Man United are bigger than those two, Liverpool maybe on a par. They'd be winning things down south pretty quickly. Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen would find their way to the Pemier league eventually. Far bigger clubs than the likes of Burnley, Bournemouth and Huddersfield.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    IMO

This is how I see it too.

Quote Originally Posted by SallyCinnamon View Post
    Imagine someone ploughed Man City money into one of the Glasgow clubs. Can't stand them but i reckon only Man United are bigger than those two, Liverpool maybe on a par. They'd be winning things down south pretty quickly. Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen would find their way to the Pemier league eventually. Far bigger clubs than the likes of Burnley, Bournemouth and Huddersfield.
    So are Leeds, Nottingham Forest, Middlesbrough, Aston Villa and Sunderland. Yet they're not in the top division down south.

I'd say the top half of the Championship and the occasional couple of seasons in the top flight would be realistic of us, Aberdeen and Hearts unless serious money is injected.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan69 View Post
    The fact is though....He is so much better than the third tier of football!

If he had stayed for another year...he would be playing for a good championship or even bottom of the league EPL team now.

I'm sure the money helps though.
    Jason Cummings is and in my opinion never will be good enough for an EPL team, even if they are bottom of the league.

[QUOTECMurdoch;5529702]IMO

2 goals & 2 assists for cumdog today[/QUOTE]

Hate to say it BUT IF Rangers and Celtic played in the EPL and had the money that comes with it they'd be top 8 at least and pushing for Europe. On the same note, give Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen the money that comes with playing EPL football and we'd all compete. No way anyone can tell me Bournemouth, Brighton, Huddersfield, Watford, Burnley etc...are bigger than us.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    So are Leeds, Nottingham Forest, Middlesbrough, Aston Villa and Sunderland. Yet they're not in the top division down south.

I'd say the top half of the Championship and the occasional couple of seasons in the top flight would be realistic of us, Aberdeen and Hearts unless serious money is injected.
    Serious money would be injected the second we got into the premiership.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Jason Cummings is and in my opinion never will be good enough for an EPL team, even if they are bottom of the league.

[QUOTECMurdoch;5529702]IMO

Hate to say it BUT IF Rangers and Celtic played in the EPL and had the money that comes with it they'd be top 8 at least and pushing for Europe. On the same note, give Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen the money that comes with playing EPL football and we'd all compete. No way anyone can tell me Bournemouth, Brighton, Huddersfield, Watford, Burnley etc...are bigger than us.[/QUOTE]

Why? What makes you think they could attract the worlds best players to Glasgow as oppose to London or say Manchester? Its just subjective opinion certainly not fact, IMO I thnk you would find Celtic and rangers would struggle to attract the very best of talent required to compete in the top 8 of the EPL. Do you think Celtic and Rangers "massiveness" is carried much beyond these shores? I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Hate to say it BUT IF Rangers and Celtic played in the EPL and had the money that comes with it they'd be top 8 at least and pushing for Europe. On the same note, give Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen the money that comes with playing EPL football and we'd all compete. No way anyone can tell me Bournemouth, Brighton, Huddersfield, Watford, Burnley etc...are bigger than us.
    Why? What makes you think they could attract the worlds best players to Glasgow as oppose to London or say Manchester? Its just subjective opinion certainly not fact, IMO I thnk you would find Celtic and rangers would struggle to attract the very best of talent required to compete in the top 8 of the EPL. Do you think Celtic and Rangers "massiveness" is carried much beyond these shores? I think not.[/QUOTE]

Celtc are enormous globally

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Why? What makes you think they could attract the worlds best players to Glasgow as oppose to London or say Manchester? Its just subjective opinion certainly not fact, IMO I thnk you would find Celtic and rangers would struggle to attract the very best of talent required to compete in the top 8 of the EPL. Do you think Celtic and Rangers "massiveness" is carried much beyond these shores? I think not.[/QUOTE]

God I hate to stand up for the Old Firm but I need to disagree. Just look at some of the players Rangers and Celtic used to sign. We were still a "lesser league", still regularly pumped out of Europe and England was still the big fish however these big names went to them. They're well known, their in a good city (easily equal to Manchester, etc. Anywhere outside of London to be honest) and they have fanatical fans who create an atmosphere compared to some clubs down south.

I don't know where they finish, there's lots of clubs n England who get a share of the wealth and still perform poorly, but players would come to both if they were in EPL before they'd go to many of the clubs in the current league.

Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    God I hate to stand up for the Old Firm but I need to disagree. Just look at some of the players Rangers and Celtic used to sign. We were still a "lesser league", still regularly pumped out of Europe and England was still the big fish however these big names went to them. They're well known, their in a good city (easily equal to Manchester, etc. Anywhere outside of London to be honest) and they have fanatical fans who create an atmosphere compared to some clubs down south.

I don't know where they finish, there's lots of clubs n England who get a share of the wealth and still perform poorly, but players would come to both if they were in EPL before they'd go to many of the clubs in the current league.
    How much of that was based on their ability to offer European football which they'd struggle to qualify for if they played down south?
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.