hibs.net Messageboard

 

Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1

    Is it a competition between singing section and east stand for singing rites?

    The atmosphere is crap

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    @hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Newcastle/Gateshead
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,467
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Yeah that move was a really bad idea.


  4. #3
    It's hard to think of a worse place to put the singing section.

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's hard to think of a worse place to put the singing section.
    Where do you sit? Why not join the section and help spread it across the top of the famous 5?

  6. #5
    @hibs.net private member superbam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The Banks of The Liffey
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by Steviep73 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The atmosphere is crap

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Have you actively contributed towards the atmosphere yourself?
    Sounds OK on the telly, typical nervy first half of the first leg. Don't mean to have a go but the atmosphere is not a service that is provided by other folk, Since1875 lads do more than their bit

  7. #6
    @hibs.net private member RIP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,695
    We have two Singing Sections. Both will develop as the season progresses. They will combine to make Easter Road a formidable place for away teams this season.
    Working for a Scottish Labour Government in an Independent Scotland

    https://www.facebook.com/labourforindependence/

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by superbam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have you actively contributed towards the atmosphere yourself?
    Sounds OK on the telly, typical nervy first half of the first leg. Don't mean to have a go but the atmosphere is not a service that is provided by other folk, Since1875 lads do more than their bit
    That's the problem, people are actively trying to help the section by we have people doing nothing moaning about it.

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where do you sit? Why not join the section and help spread it across the top of the famous 5?
    On my sofa in France

  10. #9
    On the east and to me it's one song from the singing section then a minute later it's the same song from the east

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

  11. #10
    @hibs.net private member RIP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Steviep73 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    On the east and to me it's one song from the singing section then a minute later it's the same song from the east

    Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Surround sound! Fabulous 👍
    Working for a Scottish Labour Government in an Independent Scotland

    https://www.facebook.com/labourforindependence/

  12. #11
    Coaching Staff Sammy7nil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    6,691
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Seven Nil PSN ID: 0 7 Wii Code: 01011973 07
    Quote Originally Posted by superbam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Have you actively contributed towards the atmosphere yourself?
    Sounds OK on the telly, typical nervy first half of the first leg. Don't mean to have a go but the atmosphere is not a service that is provided by other folk, Since1875 lads do more than their bit
    I agree they try their best but it just aint happening. I wonder if the diversity of the crowd ie young old, male female and children does not help.
    Unfortunaetly I have been watching hibs for 50 years and I think my days of adding to the atmosphere are fading fast.

  13. #12
    Testimonial Due
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Muirhouse
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I agree they try their best but it just aint happening. I wonder if the diversity of the crowd ie young old, male female and children does not help.
    Unfortunaetly I have been watching hibs for 50 years and I think my days of adding to the atmosphere are fading fast.
    Which is why you need a central dedicated section for like-minded people. Happens everywhere on the continent, **** no's why UK Clubs havn't taken it on board yet...

  14. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Which is why you need a central dedicated section for like-minded people. Happens everywhere on the continent, **** no's why UK Clubs havn't taken it on board yet...
    Brexit means brexit?

  15. #14
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,871
    I don't see that behind the goals is such a bad place for the singing to emanate from. It seems to work ok for the likes of Leeds and Liverpool and it's definitely ok for the other parts of the stadium to join in!

  16. #15
    I was in the far end of the west upper so opposite end from the singing section and I thought they did a great job. OK, so it wasn't really loud from where I was, but those guys are dedicated.

    And the east stand did a good good job in joining in, they sounded loud from opposite where I was.

    Considering the game was tight, chances more limited than some games, the atmosphere seemed fine.

  17. #16
    @hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    48
    Posts
    5,448
    I think we are making too big a deal on atmosphere in the stadium. For me, atmosphere in a stadium is more about singing songs. Thought the atmosphere matched the game last night - decent, but not at full throttle. Score, or win the game and the noise levels would have been through the roof. Moving groups of people to certain areas of the stadium to try and force an atmosphere is fine, but the atmosphere will largely be led by whatís happening on the pitch.

  18. #17
    @hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Newcastle/Gateshead
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,467
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think we are making too big a deal on atmosphere in the stadium. For me, atmosphere in a stadium is more about singing songs. Thought the atmosphere matched the game last night - decent, but not at full throttle. Score, or win the game and the noise levels would have been through the roof. Moving groups of people to certain areas of the stadium to try and force an atmosphere is fine, but the atmosphere will largely be led by whatís happening on the pitch.
    If thereís no atmsosphere at the games then weíd be as well just sitting at home and watching it on the TV.

    I do kind of agree with your point. Section 43 was the natural area for the singing section, both new and old guard, though. I get what they were trying to do, but itís literally the worst part of the stadium they could be situated, IMO. From my seat in the East half the time all I can hear is the mind-numbing beat of a drum.


  19. #18
    @hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    RAF Lossiemouth, Moray
    Age
    45
    Posts
    2,022
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: mutley074
    How about this, above the singing section, have a couple of suspended / directional microphones, and then relay the singing through the PA system, then I am sure people would join in, AND then all areas of the stadium will be on the same songs at the same time.

  20. #19
    @hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    48
    Posts
    5,448
    Quote Originally Posted by SRHibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If there’s no atmsosphere at the games then we’d be as well just sitting at home and watching it on the TV.

    I do kind of agree with your point. Section 43 was the natural area for the singing section, both new and old guard, though. I get what they were trying to do, but it’s literally the worst part of the stadium they could be situated, IMO. From my seat in the East half the time all I can hear is the mind-numbing beat of a drum.
    I’m in West and hear it loud and clear. The problem probably is that the singing section sited next to the side screen and wall of the FF is reducing the amplification towards our most populated stand. Given the shape of the FF, the singing section in the area nearest Albion Road side might work better for noise out towards East Stand and still resonate into the West given the angles of the side screens at that side.

    Last edited by Carheenlea; 10-08-2018 at 09:02 AM.

  21. #20
    Testimonial Due SeanWilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Bathgate (nowadays...)
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,911
    Couldn't get our season ticket in the east so sat west lower last night for first time in years .... Wow it's as quiet.

  22. #21
    @hibs.net private member I'm_cabbaged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Age
    48
    Posts
    4,817
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Iím in West and hear it loud and clear. The problem probably is that the singing section sited next to the side screen and wall of the FF is reducing the amplification towards our most populated stand. Given the shape of the FF, the singing section in the area nearest Albion Road side might work better for noise out towards East Stand and still resonate into the West given the angles of the side screens at that side.

    My st ticket is in 42 and all you can hear is the drum mostly. Occasionally go to the West and totally agree with all that youíre saying.

  23. #22
    Testimonial Due Austinho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,426
    We literally build the East as a one tiered stand as itís better for atmosphere. Seems a shame that the singing section isnít there.

    The other problem with the current location (other than sound not travelling) is itís not indusive to other parts of the stadium joining in. Itís right up against a wall, so nobody on the left of them to join in the singing, thereís the corporate black seats 2 sections to the right of them, and then there is a big gap right in front of them down to the lower tier.

    Being in the middle of any of the stands would instantly be an improvement - especially the lower tier, right behind the goals. Would be far better seeing them all bouncing and waving flags in a packed FF lower than all the gaps there at the moment. Would look better on TV too and encourage more to get involved.

    Section 43 would be even better as thereís loads of packed sections left and right of them to join in and spread the noise.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved