hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough madjock9's Avatar

Molde - Getting There - Some General Information

By plane:
    Only six kilometres from Molde city centre, Molde Airport has daily direct flights to Oslo, Trondheim and Bergen. The airport shuttle bus connects with all flights, and stops by the hotels in Molde, and at the bus station.

By road:
    There are daily bus connections to and from Trondheim, Bergen and Oslo. Local buses serve many places in the region, and there is a local city bus in Molde.

If you go by car from Oslo, follow the E6 north to Otta, Geiranger and then Rv63 to Åndalsnes. Alternatively, follow the E6 north to Dombås, then the E136 towards Åndalsnes.

From Trondheim, the Fv680 along the coast of Nordmøre, via Kyrksæterøra and Aure, offers views of the coastal landscape and its islands and skerries.

From Bergen, follow the E39 north to Vestnes. When driving from Bergen, you have a choice of several exciting roads, including the E39. Please note that many of these roads involve ferry crossings.

By train:
    NSB, the Norwegian State Railways, offers daily departures from Oslo to Åndalsnes, and from Trondheim to Oppdal. From Åndalsnes or Oppdal you can continue by bus to Molde and Kristiansund.

By boat:

The famous Hurtigruten, The Norwegian Coastal Voyage, calls at Molde and Kristiansund, both northbound and southbound, every day, all year round.

The ferries in the region serve the fjords from early morning to far into the night. It is not necessary to book ahead, but to be sure to get a place for your car without having to wait for the next ferry, you should be at the ferry terminal some time prior to departure. This is especially important during the high season in summer, and during big events.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by madjock9 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    By plane:
    Only six kilometres from Molde city centre, Molde Airport has daily direct flights to Oslo, Trondheim and Bergen. The airport shuttle bus connects with all flights, and stops by the hotels in Molde, and at the bus station.

By road:
    There are daily bus connections to and from Trondheim, Bergen and Oslo. Local buses serve many places in the region, and there is a local city bus in Molde.

If you go by car from Oslo, follow the E6 north to Otta, Geiranger and then Rv63 to Åndalsnes. Alternatively, follow the E6 north to Dombås, then the E136 towards Åndalsnes.

From Trondheim, the Fv680 along the coast of Nordmøre, via Kyrksæterøra and Aure, offers views of the coastal landscape and its islands and skerries.

From Bergen, follow the E39 north to Vestnes. When driving from Bergen, you have a choice of several exciting roads, including the E39. Please note that many of these roads involve ferry crossings.

By train:
    NSB, the Norwegian State Railways, offers daily departures from Oslo to Åndalsnes, and from Trondheim to Oppdal. From Åndalsnes or Oppdal you can continue by bus to Molde and Kristiansund.

By boat:

The famous Hurtigruten, The Norwegian Coastal Voyage, calls at Molde and Kristiansund, both northbound and southbound, every day, all year round.

The ferries in the region serve the fjords from early morning to far into the night. It is not necessary to book ahead, but to be sure to get a place for your car without having to wait for the next ferry, you should be at the ferry terminal some time prior to departure. This is especially important during the high season in summer, and during big events.
    The Hurtigruten trip is a brilliant experience passing loads of fjords and moutains, but it does take time. Leaves from Bergen daily so would need to get on it Tuesday, leaves at 8 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by norhfc View Post
    The Hurtigruten trip is a brilliant experience passing loads of fjords and moutains, but it does take time. Leaves from Bergen daily so would need to get on it Tuesday, leaves at 8 pm.
    Any chat of the best hotels nearest the stadium?

We are booked into the Quality Hotel Alexandra. It looks like the hotel is on the main road close to the water front. It has a sports bar attached, which is used by the Molde Supporters and is only about half a mile from the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by ChazD View Post
    Any chat of the best hotels nearest the stadium?
    We are in the Thon Hotel Moldefjord, very central, there didn’t seem to be many available.

Quote Originally Posted by headshrinker View Post
    We are booked into the Quality Hotel Alexandra. It looks like the hotel is on the main road close to the water front. It has a sports bar attached, which is used by the Molde Supporters and is only about half a mile from the ground.
    Spoke to a Molde fan today, everything is very close to the stadium, he mentioned that sports bar, hoping there’s an alternative for us.

Booked into the Scandic which is right beside the stadium and town is a short walk there is several bars and there is a sportsbar in town but bring your gold card for the prices haha

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Booked into the Scandic which is right beside the stadium and town is a short walk there is several bars and there is a sportsbar in town but bring your gold card for the prices haha
    Is the train a realistic option from oslo or Bergen

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Oslo to Trondheim on the train is between 6 1/2 to 7 Hours lovely scenic journey through lush GREEN lands.

I'm driving over, bringing some friends. Not seen Hibs in the flesh since the cup final- hope I'm that lucky again!
    Last edited by Swedish hibee; 03-08-2018 at 04:50 PM.

You have to change as the train won't take you right there. So you have to get the bus to Molde. But it's a very scenic route you'll be on!

First Team Breakthrough Ginger Gehagan's Avatar
    I'm sure the train was more expensive than flying when I checked.

Quote Originally Posted by headshrinker View Post
    Group of 3 or 4 of us staying here too, the Wednesday to the Friday. Can’t wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Gloucester Hibs View Post
    Group of 3 or 4 of us staying here too, the Wednesday to the Friday. Can’t wait!
    Aye 3 of us in the same hotel.

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    The home and away games have appeared in my google calendar, showing the away leg with a 6pm kick off
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

We could do what a lot of the Hibs boys done in Copenhagen, carry out basically outside the Hibs pub.

Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    The home and away games have appeared in my google calendar, showing the away leg with a 6pm kick off
    That will be 6pm UK they are an hour ahead so as far as we know it's a 7pm local time kick off at the moment

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    We are in the Thon Hotel Moldefjord, very central, there didn’t seem to be many available.
    Same for me
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

That will be 6pm UK they are an hour ahead so as far as we know it's a 7pm local time kick off at the moment

Hope its later than that.

Looks good, 10 mins on bus from airport, 6 min walk to stadium & not too extortionate.

2 of us in hotel moldejford also, Wonder how many will make the trip over, don't think it'll be as much as Tripoli maybe half of that? can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by EH54 View Post
    2 of us in hotel moldejford also, Wonder how many will make the trip over, don't think it'll be as much as Tripoli maybe half of that? can't wait!
    My Dad and I in this one too. Will be about 400 to 500 I would think.

Quote Originally Posted by EH54 View Post
    Not quite as many as Tripoli, but a lot more than Runavik, potentially biggest Euro game in years will tempt people to spend money they don't have (I'm doing it), to be able to continue to follow our run.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorebridge Hibb View Post
    My Dad and I in this one too. Will be about 400 to 500 I would think.
    400 or 500 hibby's will be enough to out sing most teams, hopefully the drum will be joining us!

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Not quite as many as Tripoli, but a lot more than Runavik, potentially biggest Euro game in years will tempt people to spend money they don't have (I'm doing it), to be able to continue to follow our run.
    I can see 500 tops making the trip. Difficult to get to. Expensive to get to. And expensive when there.

Likely have to give it a miss and absolutely gutted. On the way home from Greece the feeling I got was that a lot of folk who went to that will be in the same boat.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Woke up to an email from HSL, saying that there’s a good chance that the day charter may be viable. Hope to have a decision one way or another later today
    They are not organising it, simply responding to an enquiry put to them. No further costs or timings were provided
    Good work from HSL, well done to them

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger Gehagan View Post
    I'm sure the train was more expensive than flying when I checked.
    Go for the "minipris" option- and that is the lowest price you'll get up to Trondheim & back.

Quote Originally Posted by OsloHibs View Post
    Go for the "minipris" option- and that is the lowest price you'll get up to Trondheim & back.
    Cheers pal, already got flights booked so all good. How strict are they about drinking alcohol outside in Norway? I have read in several places it's illegal but there's no way I can afford to drink in the pubs if it's £10 a pint!!

HSL charter available to book. I understand a general release will be made at 21.30. Presumably on hibs.net

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger Gehagan View Post
    Cheers pal, already got flights booked so all good. How strict are they about drinking alcohol outside in Norway? I have read in several places it's illegal but there's no way I can afford to drink in the pubs if it's £10 a pint!!
    It's like here- your not supposed too, and some police can be stricter than others.. but if no-ones causing trouble, smashing bottles or the likes, then they'll be ok I hope. You can't also buy alcohol in Supermarkets after the game so you'll have to stock up during the day! Get duty free when you land in Norway too.