hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Announce Allan

Announce Allan

Can we get Scott Allan sorted out now Hibs?
    We need him big time for these Euro games.

Thanks

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can we get Scott Allan sorted out now Hibs?
    We need him big time for these Euro games.

Thanks

Have we even made contact with Celtic regarding Scott Allan?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Have we even made contact with Celtic regarding Scott Allan?
    I certainly hope so!

Scotty is THE most important signing we need this window imo

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Franck Stanton View Post
    Yep I totally agree.... he orchestrated so many chances last season and his ability to pull off the unusual and unexpected pass is what we will need against the better teams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't see it happening just now given McGinn Transfer to Celtic not ironed out They are hardly likely to be easy to deal with re Allan in case that has to be part of the deal to get McGinn

I think Scott Allan will be a Hibs player by the end of next month but I think it might go on for some time and I think any deal for Allan will include the McGinn to Celtic deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Franck Stanton View Post
    Flo was more important imo, maybe Allan after him

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Can't see it happening just now given McGinn Transfer to Celtic not ironed out They are hardly likely to be easy to deal with re Allan in case that has to be part of the deal to get McGinn

Beginning to think that like McGeouch, McGinn will be getting advice just to run his contract down. Hopefully Hibs haven't based their transfer activity on receiving money for him which may never happen.

Do we need him after signing Mallan?

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Beginning to think that like McGeouch, McGinn will be getting advice just to run his contract down. Hopefully Hibs haven't based their transfer activity on receiving money for him which may never happen.

I personally doubt it. I don’t think McGinn will want both ourselves & St Mirren to miss out on a good fee considering what both clubs have done for his career so far.

Having seen Mallan a couple of times now, I don't know how we'd set up a team with both Allan and Mallan in it.

Scott Allan remains one of my favourite players to have played for us though. He's a class act, there aren't many players about with that ability to cut a defence open.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Not so sure that will happen unless Celtic decide not to come back to the Table with a further Cash plus player or players
    However at the present time I think Hibs will now want John in the Team to face the Greeks so wont want the Distraction of having to leave him out the team because Celtic have further unsettled him with a Further Bid that they know we won't accept
    If he helps the team negotiate the Greek ties and we go through ,he is helping us earn more money
    L D has repeatedly said he is more valuable to us in the Team so we may stall Celtic further unless they give us what we are looking for All the indications from Parkhead are that they are in no rush ,and won't be Fleeced ,so I don't expect us to be banking on the money But if it's going to happen it changes who we may be able to afford and could be the difference in persuading Hooper for eg to come to us

Scott Allan wins us games and he is desperate to be here. He also gets fans off their seats who have bought record numbers of season tickets to see the cavalier style we played in the second half of the season.
    For all these reasons I feel we must being him back.
    He is certainly the biggest reason I have enjoyed going to Easter road in recent years and it's where I would prefer my season ticket money is used.

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Celtc might need to announce SJM first?

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Scott Allan wins us games and he is desperate to be here. He also gets fans off their seats who have bought record numbers of season tickets to see the cavalier style we played in the second half of the season.
    For all these reasons I feel we must being him back.
    He is certainly the biggest reason I have enjoyed going to Easter road in recent years and it's where I would prefer my season ticket money is used.

Mate I'm desperate for SA to sign as well but if he was desperate to be here then surely he would have informed Rogers that he wants out to plays first team football at Hibs?

Mate I'm desperate for SA to sign as well but if he was desperate to be here then surely he would have informed Rogers that he wants out to plays first team football at Hibs?
    Rodgers was having a meeting with him last week to discuss his future as he couldn't guarantee him games
    There has been no Media update on that but some decision on whether he is staying or going must have been reached you would assume

Maybe he has and he's been told to wait to see how the McGinn situation plays out?

Quote Originally Posted by York Hibees View Post
    Do we need him after signing Mallan?
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Having seen Mallan a couple of times now, I don't know how we'd set up a team with both Allan and Mallan in it.

Scott Allan remains one of my favourite players to have played for us though. He's a class act, there aren't many players about with that ability to cut a defence open.
    Really curious as to whether this is do-able.

First off, forgetting about Mallan: I think Allan is solid gold for us.

He's almost certainly the best attacking midfielder outside Celtic based on his performances at Hibs despite not quite cutting it at the same level elsewhere.

This does make valuation tricky - the player Celtic have to other teams is probably not worth a huge amount.
    Given the fact he's also pretty consistent for us I think we could spend a few million on a player and easily not get someone as good for us as Scott Allan.

Putting the other BS about Celtic trying to stiff us and looking at it objectively Allan I'd rather have a million less for McGinn and Scott Allan rather than the other way around.

So where does that leave us now we do have Mallan?

I think Allan is the better creative midfielder. I think Mallan's threat from distance and free kicks has been something we've missed since Riordan in his heyday.

Mallan is listed as a number 10 and you'd presumably put Allan in the same bracket.
    I don't see us shifting from 3 at the back which limits genuine midfield places so the question for me is whether Mallan can play deeper.

If we signed Allan and McGinn goes you'd assume a midfield three of Allan, Mallan and Slivka.
    I like the threat that poses but worry about the control it allows us to exert and it probably depends on Mallan doing broadly the McGeouch role and Slivka handling the McGinn role.

*rambling post ends*

@hibs.net private member
    Flo was our No. 1 target imo and now we have Mallan I would be looking for a McLaren replacement before worrying too much about Scott A. We need to look for a new Dylan and then consider the SJM position. After that I hope we can move for Scott A.

Left by mutual consent!
    I thought Scott was sublime when we had him last season.

One nagging doubt is that i thought he tried to do too much during his first spell, and often fell on his face. Last season he was in a midfield with McGinn, and McGeouch, players that understood each other. What would Scott be like if he had much more of the burden to shoulder next year?
    Last edited by Chic Murray; 22-07-2018 at 01:20 PM.

I'm glad there's nothing come out about this - sticks in my craw a bit when players do that.
    I'd also imagine he's not desperate to play for Hibs.....I think he enjoys it with us but a lot of us maybe put the fan goggles on too much.

Whenever we've had him at Hibs he's consistently turned in good performances so I'm good without the crawl-along-the-M8 theatrics if we get him.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    I personally doubt it. I don’t think McGinn will want both ourselves & St Mirren to miss out on a good fee considering what both clubs have done for his career so far.
    Hope your right & I'm wrong

A guy in my work is pals with SA's dad. Apparently hibs have made no contact as yet, but he's defiantly keen to come back!

Quote Originally Posted by Partyraiser View Post
    A guy in my work is pals with SA's dad. Apparently hibs have made no contact as yet, but he's defiantly keen to come back!
    Hopefully Hibs are just playing it cool and waiting for Celtic to make a meaningful offer for McGinn before Scotty is brought into the equation to seal the deal.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I don't think we need him. Mallan has vision as well but also has better set piece delivery and goals from midfield.

If SA were to become a free agent then there's an argument but there's no need to waste money on bringing him in now - we've brought in an upgrade.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I don't think we need him. Mallan has vision as well but also has better set piece delivery and goals from midfield.

If SA were to become a free agent then there's an argument but there's no need to waste money on bringing him in now - we've brought in an upgrade.
    No way is Mallan an upgrade on Allan mate. I like Mallan but Allan is a better all round player.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    No way is Mallan an upgrade on Allan mate. I like Mallan but Allan is a better all round player.
    Allan has outstanding vision but needs players around him doing the dirty work. The rest of his game isn't fantastic and if he's got people on him (like the last game vs Aberdeen at Pittodrie last season) he's entirely ineffective.

The vision to create assists is genuinely brilliant though.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

I think Mallan is more of a goal threat and takes a better set piece, Allan is more creative in open play and has better vision and can go past players easier.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Hopefully Hibs are just playing it cool and waiting for Celtic to make a meaningful offer for McGinn before Scotty is brought into the equation to seal the deal.
    Hopefully mate. If/when McGinn goes, a midfield of allan and mallan in front of a new holding mid will be a force to be reckoned with!