hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! Fife-Hibee's Avatar

Morelos Red Card Rescinded

Nice to see the SFA setting the bar early this season. Deliberate kick outs are no longer considered red card offenses.

Hopefully our own club take this on board when we cross paths with this lot again.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Everyone’s against them though mind.

Kicking out is allowed boys. It's a free for all now.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Hunbelievable!

Beggars belief!!!

Quite incredible!!!!

The ball is 30 yards away and he clearly kicks out and boots the boy on the hamstring!! Clear as you like!!

The league have also going to the effort to fast track a meeting to over turn it therefore now making him available for this weekend. Don’t remember us having an appeal meeting fast tracked.

It’s a complete joke!!!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by .KingDomofFife. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Kicking out is allowed boys. It's a free for all now.
    Yep. I can see the SFA is going to be inundated with appeals for any violent conduct dismissals involving kicking an opponent.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    absolutely the correct decision

@hibs.net private member
    So kicking a player is the same as kicking the ball away in frustration according to the SFA?

It was never a sending off,wasn’t violent conduct.Why was McKenna not yellow carded as he clearly started it?

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    In his post match interview Gerrard said that Morelos "had given the ref a decision to make" so he wasnt exactly appalled at the decision then. As far as kicking out at an opponent offences go it was a bit powder puff, but still he clearly did kick out. Im half surprised the SFA havent awarded the game to rangers.

I usually think folk on here are paranoid and OTT about a Hun bias at the SFA but I've now changed my view.......

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    It was never a sending off,wasn’t violent conduct.Why was McKenna not yellow carded as he clearly started it?

indeed

There’s a zoomed in BBC video of the incident, I am really struggling to understand why folk don’t think see that as a straight red.

Morelos clearly lashes out with a kick at the Aberdeen player.

He booted the Aberdeen player.

Red card all day and not even a debate.

Madness and a farce but expected from the clowns running the game.

@hibs.net private member GordonHFC's Avatar
    So if you walk down the street and kick someone up the archie from behind is it not violent conduct. What is it then?

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    It’s irrelevant if it was a ‘soft kick’, if you give an opponent a soft head butt or a soft slap to the face then it would still be a red. Ridiculous decision

The linesman showed cajones and was adamant it was a red card. Disgraceful that the SFA can just overrule that because it's the huns.

If you aim to punch someone but don't hit them then it's not alright as the intent is still there.

**** the SFA.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Red card all day long nowadays. But is anyone surprised that it was overturned? Nope, didn't think so. Everyone is against them though!!

Never a red. You'd think he took a running kung fu kick that way folk are going on about it on here.

If a Hibs player gets sent off for that, in that context, we're all going tonto on here. Guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Never a red. You'd think he took a running kung fu kick that way folk are going on about it on here.

If a Hibs player gets sent off for that, in that context, we're all going tonto on here. Guaranteed.
    Kicked out - red card

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar

Totally agree. Handbag stuff.

I was about to say the same but just watched the close up clip on the BBC site and it’s clear Morelos kicks McKenna and by the rules it’s a red card.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Wait for the outrage from Gerrard and co when one of their players gets kicked and only gets a yellow

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Exactly, too many people can’t look past the fact it’s Morelos and Rangers and judge it objectionly. Why aren’t the same posters also questioning McKenna and why you are apparently allowed to forceably barge an opposition player off the ball.

It’s a general pet peeve of mine when a reaction gets all the attention and the punishment and the initial offence Is forgotten about in the furore.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by guthrie01 View Post
    I was about to say the same but just watched the close up clip on the BBC site and it’s clear Morelos kicks McKenna and by the rules it’s a red card.
    That's what I thought too but pie and bovril have quoted the offence as 'recklessly kicking or attempting to kick an opponent'. I didn't know that was an offence in the rules but if it is, and the punishment for that offence is a yellow, then it seems like the right call to me.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    I don't subscribe to any pro-rangers conspiricy nonsense, but I do think that's a nonsense decision. I don't see how you could look at a player kicking someone else and not think that's a red card. It doesn't really matter what went on before it with McKenna - that's a different question altogether and one the SFA should have considered after upholding Morelos' red card IMO.
    Mon the Hibs.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    indeed
    It was a shoulder barge. Standing firm against someone trying to get past you.
    No way was there anything wrong with that.

The wee Hun rat deliberately kicks a player. Surely that's a sending off.

Even if you take the stance that the Aberdeen player started it , then its retaliation which is a sending off.

Quote Originally Posted by The Modfather View Post
    Exactly, too many people can’t look past the fact it’s Morelos and Rangers and judge it objectionly. Why aren’t the same posters also questioning McKenna and why you are apparently allowed to forceably barge an opposition player off the ball.

It’s a general pet peeve of mine when a reaction gets all the attention and the punishment and the initial offence Is forgotten about in the furore.
    OK McKenna should have been booked/sent off as well.

How this has been rescinded isn't beyond me, it is Scottish football after all. It's a red card every day of the week.

Remember when John O'Neil's laces got caught up in an opponents boots at Ibrox and he was sent off, unfairly imho? Hibs appealed and the red card stood. If that stood so should this one.

It's one of those ones that you need to assess like VAR I reckon. Was it a clear and obvious error in giving a red card? For me, no. If the ref had given him a yellow card the same logic would apply and would remain a yellow.