hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

7th minute on Thursday SJM appreciation

I know this happens a lot at Easter Road for various reasons but how about a minutes applause or a very loud rendition of Super John McGinn on the 7th minute on Thursday? The lad has been magnificent for us and shown a terriffc attitude in the whole time he's been with us. He's been a massive part of the resurgence of our great club. He's worn the green and white for the last time and i think showing our appreciation for his efforts would be a great touch. He's a club legend and i think i can say for everyone he leaves with our very best wishes. He wore our colours with pride. Just a thought.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Could the song not be kept, just by changing 'we've got' to 'we saw' or something?

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Scunnered to lose him; it's a huge loss to us, but he's going to a big club and it's a great opportunity for him. Glad he won't be going to Celtic, too - up yeez.

All the very best to the wee man; a superb professional.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

I like this idea.

I was going to start another thread on a similar theme until I noticed this.

My suggestion would be for the announcer to dedicate a pre match rendition of SOL for John McGinn as a 'Thank You' for his services!

This is an appropriate way to let him know how much he means to Hibs and also a great way of kick starting a great atmosphere on what will hopefully be another great night of european football!!!

Hibs Class

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Probably a contrarian view but I think the fans have made SJM well aware of the regard he was held in through social media and other communications over the past few days.

Now, we look forward and not back in terms of this Hibs team and we focus on the 11 players who start the game against Molde rather than any retrospective appreciation of SJM.

While I appreciated SJM's services as much as any Hibs fan, no one player is bigger than the team and the starting XI tomorrow night are the players who wear the Hibs jersey and who we should be supporting and focusing on.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Euphoria1875
    Thursday is one of our biggest games of the season, I would rather we cheered the team on.

Please don’t do this

I’m sure SJM will get a wee song at some point, but let’s not arrange it in the 7th minute. He’s no dead.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thursday is one of our biggest games of the season, I would rather we cheered the team on.

Maybe they can bring him out at half time if he’s around and we can say goodbye then

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    Probably a contrarian view but I think the fans have made SJM well aware of the regard he was held in through social media and other communications over the past few days.

Now, we look forward and not back in terms of this Hibs team and we focus on the 11 players who start the game against Molde rather than any retrospective appreciation of SJM.

While I appreciated SJM's services as much as any Hibs fan, no one player is bigger than the team and the starting XI tomorrow night are the players who wear the Hibs jersey and who we should be supporting and focusing on.
    I think a lot of people will be in agreement with you Jamesie. Great player, wish him well and grateful for all he done for our club.

But naebody's deid. We don't ever have minutes marked for players when they leave - unfortunate timing that he doesn't play a 'final' game and get to say his goodbye as he leaves the pitch.. but then he's never been about milking moments etc, just getting his job done and giving everything he's got.

Not rubbishing the idea of doing it by the way (and his song will likely get a couple of renditions anyway) but not too keen on an organised tribute, as think these already happen very frequently now and should be kept as marks of respect for deaths etc.

We move on as a club and keep going forward.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by 1two View Post
    Please don’t do this

I’m sure SJM will get a wee song at some point, but let’s not arrange it in the 7th minute. He’s no dead.
    Agreed.

Hate to be a killjoy here, but the last thing our players need is a reminder less than ten mins into a massive game of how we’ve lost our best player...

Let’s cheer on the team, we’ll get our chance to thank SJM at another point.

My view articulated far better than I’m capable of.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar

Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    Nah.
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentDaleCooper View Post
    Could the song not be kept, just by changing 'we've got' to 'we saw' or something?

"we've got Mallan super Steve Mallan "

@hibs.net private member
    Not for me. Support the team, not a player who’s left. If he was to come on to the pitch at half time, great, but not during a very important game.

First Team Breakthrough
    “The king is dead, long live the king!”

No,we thank him for his services not that he needs reminded of the success that he has helped us achieve, wish him well and move on as we always do.

Final airing of SJM song

Then followed by we’ve got Mallan

Neil Lennons man

I get what a lot of you are saying and i agree with a lot of it, it's about the team etc and we should look forward not back but I'd make an exception for John.

SOL should ALWAYS be kept for spontaneous events and never pre-planned. We've all seen the rotten half-hearted efforts when the Announcer has got the mood of the stadium wrong. All that does is devalue a great anthem.

Need to focus fully on supporting the guys in green, they will need all the help they can get on the pitch, without SJM, against vg opponents.

Is he away yet?

Let’s not do this please. I’m sure John knows we will always hold him in high regard and cup winning legend, but let’s move forward with the players that are still here

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    Is he away yet?
    Not officially, but he won't be included tomorrow, regardless. SJM has kicked his last ball for Hibs, sadly.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    He might be playing for us.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Get a life ffs.

Not another John McGinn thread. Why not add to one of the existing threads?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
    Agree with this .

He'd understand :-)

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Not another John McGinn thread. Why not add to one of the existing threads?
    You can't have too many threads about living legends.

He’s nae died

Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    Final airing of SJM song

Then followed by we’ve got Mallan

Neil Lennons man
    We've had mcginn super John mcginn