hibs.net Messageboard

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SquashedFrogg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I find this opinion quite amusing. Dismissing the leave campaign as based on empty promises, yet suggesting that the remain campaign was based entirely on legitimate facts.

Both sides of the debate were led by politicians. Both sides made empty promises. It's what they do.
    This, it was voted for, but the remain camp, right or wrong, have made any progress totally impossible

Edit: let’s not lose sight of the fact this is a football forum, not a political platform
    Last edited by Joe6-2; 16-08-2018 at 12:11 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    Putting aside this is a football forum about Hibs for two seconds. I'd be interested to hear what the Remainer's empty promises and illegitimate facts were.
    As you say, this is a football forum so not the correct setting for starting a full debate. My point was more a general comment on a post. They stated their opinion and I did similarly. Seems fair enough.

My point however was that IMO people can't simply dismiss one side of an arguement without questioning the other. The debate consisted of polititians across the same parties. I think it's wrong to simply say one side lied and the other didn't.

I suspect the truth is somehwere inbetween.

Anyway....Has he got his work permit yet? 🤓 I also see BB scored a peach midweek 😪

Left by mutual consent!
    Anyway....Has he got his work permit yet? 🤓 I also see BB scored a peach midweek 😪
    Funny that eh? Took him ages to score in the "pub league"

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Has the work permit came through, I wonder if he'll get an appearance on Sunday?

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    Mate I agree with you. But that's not how Tories think.
    Just as well the SNP are in government here then with full responsibility for health issues in Scotland!

You’ve nowt to worry about with oor Nicola at the helm eh.

@hibs.net private member mayo hibee's Avatar
    As you say, this is a football forum so not the correct setting for starting a full debate. My point was more a general comment on a post. They stated their opinion and I did similarly. Seems fair enough.

My point however was that IMO people can't simply dismiss one side of an arguement without questioning the other. The debate consisted of polititians across the same parties. I think it's wrong to simply say one side lied and the other didn't.

I suspect the truth is somehwere inbetween.
    Feel free to post some of the lies 'the other side' told then. They pretty much just said that leaving the EU would be bad for the UK. Which it will be, it'll be a complete disaster if it happens, but I'm far from convinced that it will happen at all.

Agyepong would have been a good option to bring on tonight with 20 minutes to go if we were chasing a goal, it's a shame we still haven't finalised his signing.

Maybe it has come through, he's match fit and is playing tonight, a massive bluff by Lenny.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Just as well the SNP are in government here then with full responsibility for health issues in Scotland!

You’ve nowt to worry about with oor Nicola at the helm eh.
    That's a nice conclusion you've just jumped to there. Care to tell me how you got there?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Maybe it has come through, he's match fit and is playing tonight, a massive bluff by Lenny.

You stirring it again, trying to drag the discussion in the direction of the thread title?

It'll never catch on.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

FFFFRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDOOOOO OOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM......................... ............

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post

You stirring it again, trying to drag the discussion in the direction of the thread title?

It'll never catch on.

I get a lot of stick on here but I don't do much wrong.

Back on topic, I hope this permit is through for Sunday, want to have a look at this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post

It'll never catch on.

Haha

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    I get a lot of stick on here but I don't do much wrong.

Back on topic, I hope this permit is through for Sunday, want to have a look at this guy.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Has the work permit came through, I wonder if he'll get an appearance on Sunday?
    Anyone know if he's actually in the country. I've still to see any pictures of him in a Hibs training top.

@hibs.net private member
    I can’t understand how all the players who required work permits on transfer deadline day got them through in super quick time. This one seems to have gone on forever.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    I can’t understand how all the players who required work permits on transfer deadline day got them through in super quick time. This one seems to have gone on forever.
    Good points. Word on street was it was not submitted correctly. Member of staff on holiday who would normally handle it. I think hibs are confident he will play tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Dancehibs View Post
    Good points. Word on street was it was not submitted correctly. Member of staff on holiday who would normally handle it. I think hibs are confident he will play tomorrow
    That's good news about tomorrow.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Which players in particular are you wondering about?

Douglas Luiz to Man City - for example was refused a work permit

Playing a certain % of internationals in the last 2 years can allow a player to be automatically granted a work permit. The % is determined by the countries FIFA ranking. A Ghanaian would need to have played 75% of recent internationals to automatically qualify for a work permit.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Which players in particular are you wondering about?

Douglas Luiz to Man City - for example was refused a work permit

Playing a certain % of internationals in the last 2 years can allow a player to be automatically granted a work permit. The % is determined by the countries FIFA ranking. A Ghanaian would need to have played 75% of recent internationals to automatically qualify for a work permit.
    Just seemed that towards the end of the window players were being signed subject to work permits then completed. Not necessarily with the top clubs. It would make sense with the international caps rule for the larger clubs. This particular deal seems to have gone on forever.

Just seemed that towards the end of the window players were being signed subject to work permits then completed. Not necessarily with the top clubs. It would make sense with the international caps rule for the larger clubs. This particular deal seems to have gone on forever.
    I'm surprised no journalist has asked the question we are all asking - when's he ready to play.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    I'm surprised no journalist has asked the question we are all asking - when's he ready to play.
    It’ll be more like when he’s ready to train

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    It’ll be more like when he’s ready to train
    That's a question I've been asking - is he even in this country as we've never even seen a picture of him in Hibs training tops. It could be mid-September before we see him play.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    The new Phil Airey.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    The new Phil Airey.
    At least he played a game for us.

Hadn't realised that that was his first senior football match. Apart from playing 49 games for Blyth Spartans since 2012, he's only played 11 games for three other teams including his one and only match at Hibs.

At least he played a game for us.

Hadn't realised that that was his first senior football match. Apart from playing 49 games for Blyth Spartans since 2012, he's only played 11 games for three other teams including his one and only match at Hibs.
    Away to Kilmarnock if I remember correctly. He didn't even play the full match and we got humped 4-1 I think.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    That's a question I've been asking - is he even in this country as we've never even seen a picture of him in Hibs training tops. It could be mid-September before we see him play.
    Pretty sure he’s not allowed to train with us (or Man City for that matter) until he has his work permit. Even if he got his WP this weekend I’d think he’s still a couple of weeks away from being any use to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Hell mend them for voting to leave the EU. The masses were deceived by empty promises and little Englander attitudes so are going to have to live with the reality. In my opinion.
    I find this opinion quite amusing. Dismissing the leave campaign as based on empty promises, yet suggesting that the remain campaign was based entirely on legitimate facts.

Both sides of the debate were led by politicians. Both sides made empty promises. It's what they do.
    I have to say - I agree. Much of the remain campaign was based on saying we will all be worse off by £x per week etc - often delivered as "fact". These figures were calculated by pre-existing models designed by economists to predict the outcome of something that's never happened before. That's sure to be right isn't it? It's use was much more prevalent on the remain side because most of the establishment and main stream media are pro-remain.

This is often the tactic where supporters of the status quo are defending it against change. I seem to remember it being called "scaremongering" during and after the Scottish referendum.

The masses (sic) have effectively asked why this supposed wealth deriving from EU membership is so important when they don't actually benefit from it. Deceived? Not in my view - I think this is an extremely valid question and it indicates to me the importance of more democratic control.

PS - sorry to go back off-track. There's so much of this in the media it's hard not to respond at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Pretty sure he’s not allowed to train with us (or Man City for that matter) until he has his work permit. Even if he got his WP this weekend I’d think he’s still a couple of weeks away from being any use to us.
    I'm not even sure he's allowed in the country until it's approved.

There seems to be some information on the following link. I'm assuming this is the process that's being followed in Agyepong's case.

https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-sportsperson-worker-visa

That's good news about tomorrow.

Think it might be bollocks ,but hope so, we need players in PDQ.