hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Visa for EU are not needed - same with us travelling to the other EU member states

Non EU is a lengthy, nerve wracking, cruel and wholly overpriced shambles.

My partners next 2.5 year visa is gonna cost us £1500 (which includes at £500 nhs “subsidy” even tho shes paid tax here for 2 years)

Anyway going off topic - main point is, its not just a box ticking exercise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Visa for EU are not needed - same with us travelling to the other EU member states

My partners next 2.5 year visa is gonna cost us £1500 (which includes at £500 nhs “subsidy” even tho shes paid tax here for 2 years)

Can your missus get UK citizenship?

J

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    Can your missus get UK citizenship?

J
    After her next 2.5 year visa she can apply for indefinite leave to remain (permanent residence- which is about £2300 at the moment)

After that, because we will be married next year, she can immediately apply to be a naturalised UK citizen i believe- christ knows what they charge for that

If we weren’t married i think you need to wait 1 year after permanent residence

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Lennon said he wasn't even over here yet.
    That's what I thought. Hence why there has been no photograph of him in a Hibs top or even at Easter Road.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Why does he need a visa here, and not at his home club?
    He doesn’t have a visa to play for Hibs or Man City.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Are all EU nationality players going to need a visa post Brexit? Bit of a hassle if they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Are all EU nationality players going to need a visa post Brexit? Bit of a hassle if they are.
    If that does happen, can guarantee that clubs from the english top leagues apications will be fast tracked through, and we'll be left waiting ages.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitHibs View Post
    So is he eligible to play against Molde?
    I wouldn't have thought so.

I wouldn't be surprised if this takes a while.

Someone I have on Facebook has a Canadian wife and it's taken months for her to finally get hers granted.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    He doesn’t have a visa to play for Hibs or Man City.
    That's right - he's been farmed out to City's feeder club in the Netherlands, so hasn't actually been in this country.

I would imagine Hibs have a deadline for the work permit to be granted for this before the window closes- if the work permit doesn't appear soon, Hibs will cancel the deal and move onto another target. If the permit doesn't get granted there is little point in going through the appeals process, which could take weeks or even months.

I don't think we'd want to wait until 31 August and no work permit in place.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I wouldn't have thought so.

I wouldn't be surprised if this takes a while.

Someone I have on Facebook has a Canadian wife and it's taken months for her to finally get hers granted.
    He is registered with UEFA for Hibs - it is the work permit that is the issue. If that comes through before the second leg, he would be eligible. However, I doubt he would play as he hasn't been with the team, we don't know what sort of pre season he has had and what sort of shape he is in.

Quote Originally Posted by GloryGlory View Post
    He is registered with UEFA for Hibs - it is the work permit that is the issue. If that comes through before the second leg, he would be eligible. However, I doubt he would play as he hasn't been with the team, we don't know what sort of pre season he has had and what sort of shape he is in.
    I know he's registered but if he can't get a visa to work in the UK then his UEFA registration won't do him much good.

It's that which I'm worried could take a while to get approved.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar

That process and cost is shocking.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!

Reading that Callum, I feel sorry for you and your partner. That is completely shocking! Can’t understand what were on folks’ mind to listen to racist idiots like Farage & Boris in voting for Brexit? Bloody pathetic! Sorry just wanted to get that off my chest, anyways I hope we are able to get this sorted very soon or potentially if it drags on then NL & the recruitment team might start looking elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    Reading that Callum, I feel sorry for you and your partner. That is completely shocking! Can’t understand what were on folks’ mind to listen to racist idiots like Farage & Boris in voting for Brexit? Bloody pathetic! Sorry just wanted to get that off my chest, anyways I hope we are able to get this sorted very soon or potentially if it drags on then NL & the recruitment team might start looking elsewhere.
    Brexit hasn't changed any rules for non-EU citizens.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What will the post Brexit visa rules be once we are non EU though? I take it visa discussions are part of the negotiations at the moment.

Gamer IDs

No- but might give a clue into the governments thinking post brexit

Take that, that it was then Home Secretary Teresa May that introduced the ridiculous “financial requirement”

That single rule has either stopped legitimate folk coming, or spilt up families during the process

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    UK Govt is deffo making things more difficult.

Book Festival had about 10 authors refused entry this year, WOMAD festival (organised by Peter Gabriel) had a whole bunch of artists refused entry.

Immigration is even getting told by home office to check on families which have a child on a UK passport with different name to the mother (I can vouch for this as it happened to us coming back from Portugal a month ago). We are married but for work reasons my wife kept her name - its bonkers, Westminster is taking us back to the dark ages.

Coaching Staff

Book Festival had about 10 authors refused entry this year, WOMAD festival (organised by Peter Gabriel) had a whole bunch of artists refused entry.

Immigration is even getting told by home office to check on families which have a child on a UK passport with different name to the mother (I can vouch for this as it happened to us coming back from Portugal a month ago). We are married but for work reasons my wife kept her name - its bonkers, Westminster is taking us back to the dark ages.
    You've also got the persecution of the descendants of the Windrush generation, as well, horrible "get out the country" letters to skilled, talented people who have been here legitimately for donkeys years contributing to society, and sick people being refused cancer treatment despite being here for yonks.

The Home Office is a thoroughly despicable organisation that a parliamentary committee has condemned as "not fit for purpose".

So when can he play? Anyone know?

Gamer IDs

We had to prove that my childs mum was not married before in Philippines as if she was then the UK Gov would recognise the father as partners husband (no divorce in Philippines) and not the biological father (me), therefore removing her right of British citizenship.

Quote Originally Posted by grunt View Post
    I know this is off topic, but following the comment above, I read this awful story on Twitter today

https://twitter.com/fozmeadows/statu...67863169990656
    That was absolutely disgraceful, and they were treated appallingly. If anything it puts people right off coming here to work- which is obviously what it was designed to do with all the Brexit love-in going on down south, even though they weren't European nationals. I would hope Agyepong doesn't have to go through all of this as well, the deal could easily fall through if they don't give him the required documentation or if there is an excessively long wait. Not cheap either, by the looks of it.

Testimonial Due
    No- but might give a clue into the governments thinking post brexit

Take that, that it was then Home Secretary Teresa May that introduced the ridiculous “financial requirement”

That single rule has either stopped legitimate folk coming, or spilt up families during the process

Yes me and my Filipino partner are settling in the Philippines. £500 just for a tourist visa for her.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    We had to prove that my childs mum was not married before in Philippines as if she was then the UK Gov would recognise the father as partners husband (no divorce in Philippines) and not the biological father (me), therefore removing her right of British citizenship.

Some of these stories are incredible - and as someone said above, the Windrush stuff (come over here, work like a dog - passport, eh naw) attitude makes me sick.

Not getting all party political, bu this is something that only happens due to the Westminster govt.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    What will the post Brexit visa rules be once we are non EU though? I take it visa discussions are part of the negotiations at the moment.
    I suspect we will need a Visa to go to Europe which could cost anything up to £80 if reports are to be believed.

Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    I suspect we will need a Visa to go to Europe which could cost anything up to £80 if reports are to be believed.
    You can be pretty sure ,whatever happens, it will be a clusterfeck of epic proportions,but heh ,we at least ,have a choice, if we have the balls to do it....this time.

Just watching a video of him on his time at BREDA. he looks some player. Hope this visa gets sorted asap. Him and boyles pace with Kamberi and McLaren in there. Frightening

So theoretically, we could play him v molde away and (fingers crossed) Minsk / zenit away, but not manage to play him in the league?

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    As of Wednesday, he hadn’t even arrived at the club so doubt he’ll be involved on Thursday but you never know.

Daily Star via BBC Gossip still reporting a "visa delay". WTF is going on, or not going on? Something must be different in his case. Worry is that if his work permit falls through, we might have missed out on getting another player in that mould.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    So theoretically, we could play him v molde away and (fingers crossed) Minsk / zenit away, but not manage to play him in the league?
    Is that working on the theory that he wouldn't be working "in the UK" for our away games?

I must admit, I considered that previously but thought it might have been a silly question.
    Mon the Hibs.