Quote Originally Posted by GreenOnions View Post
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
I have to say - I agree. Much of the remain campaign was based on saying we will all be worse off by £x per week etc - often delivered as "fact". These figures were calculated by pre-existing models designed by economists to predict the outcome of something that's never happened before. That's sure to be right isn't it? It's use was much more prevalent on the remain side because most of the establishment and main stream media are pro-remain.

This is often the tactic where supporters of the status quo are defending it against change. I seem to remember it being called "scaremongering" during and after the Scottish referendum.

The masses (sic) have effectively asked why this supposed wealth deriving from EU membership is so important when they don't actually benefit from it. Deceived? Not in my view - I think this is an extremely valid question and it indicates to me the importance of more democratic control.

PS - sorry to go back off-track. There's so much of this in the media it's hard not to respond at some point.
Agree with you entirely