hibs.net Messageboard

Hybrid View

Scotrail Tickets

Turns out I've no work tomorrow so planning on taking my daughter out for the day. Anyone know if Scotrail still do the kids go free ticket. Trying to book tickets on my phone but not giving me that option so gonna just buy at the station if its still available.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Turns out I've no work tomorrow so planning on taking my daughter out for the day. Anyone know if Scotrail still do the kids go free ticket. Trying to book tickets on my phone but not giving me that option so gonna just buy at the station if its still available.
    Yep with an adult return off peak

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep with an adult return off peak

Was sure they do but not giving me the option on my phone for some reason. Thanks

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Make sure if you are buying from the ticket machine to select the kids go free ticket.

Gets the kid in for free at Camera Obscura amongst other things.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    General rule of thumb. (mon-fri) not valid before 09:15 anywhere and not valid between 16:30 and 18:30 when leaving Edinburgh, Haymarket, South Gyle. Edinburgh Park, Glasgow Queen st or Glasgow Central. One adult can take up to two free children between 5-15 and children cannot travel unaccompanied at any point with these tickets. Valid all day Saturday and Sunday. They are valid on ScotRail services only.

And don't even think about getting on an LNER, Virgin West Coast or Cross Country service with these tickets as you'll get charged the full fare.

Trainline app should work as well.

It’s a good deal used it for a trip to the science centre and to Burntisland this summer.