hibs.net Messageboard

Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by WoreTheGreen View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you Lee Wallace
    No lol, but I know a geekish amount about grass, both recreational and also what makes a decent surface

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member

The Sportscene Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    To say stevenson doesnt fit a boo boy culture is just ridiculous. He used to get a fair bit of stick not so long ago. Some of it justified and a lot of it over the top. His game has improved massively from then and he consistently performs , so it would be ridiculous to jump on him for having an off day. Whittaker had been poor in most of his games with a couple of games he had done okay.

Can i just add that I totally disagree with anybody dishing out stick or abuse at the games , they are just wallopers..
    He’s not the current “boo boy” target though is he? Whittaker is..Any of his errors are being picked up and disproportionately commented on - on here and during games.

People are reacting because some are isolating Whittaker for criticism when actually, during the first half, he was largely left isolated in the holding midfield role, as his midfield colleagues were not tracking their runners..

Nobody minds constructive criticism, and no one is saying he is perfect - just that he was not the main person at fault. For example: People started by finding fault at his contribution, yet Horgan who let his man run passed him and get the assist in wasn’t being mentioned by them.. that’s why some people are defending him

Overall he had a decent game yesterday - that’s not my view - that’s Neil Lennon’s..I’ll take his opinion on it .

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    He’s not the current “boo boy” target though is he? Whittaker is..Any if his errors are being picked up and disproportionately commented on - on here and during games.

People are reacting because some are isolating Whittaker for criticism when actually, during the first half, he was largely left isolated in the holding midfield role, as his midfield colleagues were not tracking their runners..

Nobody minds constructive criticism, and no one is saying he is perfect - just that he was not the main person at fault. For example: People started by finding fault at his contribution, yet Horgan who let his man run passed him and get the assist in wasn’t being mentioned by them.. that’s why some people are defending him

Overall he had a decent game yesterday - that’s not my view - that’s Neil Lennon’s..I’ll take his opinion on it .
    spot on

I ll say again , you are referring to one game yesterday but what about the other games he has played? Regarding lennons comments , Id question his man management if he came out and criticised him in the media.
    He keeps playing him so I don’t think he’s singling him out just to be nice. He obviously thinks he’s doing all right. Which would leave you having to question his knowledge of the game based on your previous post?

FWIW he wouldn’t be in my team. But it doesn’t mean others, like Lennon, don’t have any knowledge of the game if they think he is doing all right.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    He keeps playing him so I don’t think he’s singling him out just to be nice. He obviously thinks he’s doing all right. Which would leave you having to question his knowledge of the game based on your previous post?

FWIW he wouldn’t be in my team. But it doesn’t mean others, like Lennon, don’t have any knowledge of the game if they think he is doing all right.

Or he is playing him there because he doesn’t have anybody else until milligan and bartley are match fit?

He’s not the current “boo boy” target though is he? Whittaker is..Any of his errors are being picked up and disproportionately commented on - on here and during games.

Are you happy with whittakers performances overall this season?

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Their penalty shout was a stonewaller. Ours less clear cut but the right decision.

Or he is playing him there because he doesn’t have anybody else until milligan and bartley are match fit?
    He’s regularly played in front of Bartley plenty of times when he’s fit, even going back to a number of big games at the end of last season.

@hibs.net private member
    Are you happy with whittakers performances overall this season?

that's not really what we are discussing.

But to answer - he had a poor start - I did note though during those games that he was often playing in positions that were not his preferred (left side of a 3 in one game)..Since he came on away in Greece (where he did well by the way)..he has done OK. He was decent yesterday and also did well against Aberdeen. He's not going to be a first pick is he? When Milligan gets up to speed. But he will do a decent shift and get enough game time over the season.

He’s regularly played in front of Bartley plenty of times when he’s fit, even going back to a number of big games at the end of last season.
    Yeah but the point being that he cant drop him cos he hasnt had anyone to bring in

Yeah but the point being that he cant drop him cos he hasnt had anyone to bring in
    There are other midfielders sitting on the bench. If Lennon really thought he was as bad as some on here do he wouldn’t be in the team. And he certainly wouldn’t be singling him out for praise after a game.

that's not really what we are discussing.

But to answer - he had a poor start - I did note though during those games that he was often playing in positions that were not his preferred (left side of a 3 in one game)..Since he came on away in Greece (where he did well by the way)..he has done OK. He was decent yesterday and also did well against Aberdeen. He's not going to be a first pick is he? When Milligan gets up to speed. But he will do a decent shift and get enough game time over the season.
    I agree with what your saying. I just think its harsh labelling his critics as boo boys. From what ive saw his performances have merited criticism. I ll say again , folk dishing out abuse at games are clowns. People who criticise his performances arent and it doesnt make them boo boys

There are other midfielders sitting on the bench. If Lennon really thought he was as bad as some on here do he wouldn’t be in the team. And he certainly wouldn’t be singling him out for praise after a game.
    We dont have any defensive midfielders though do we

We’ve largely played with 3 at the back so could easily have played without a holding midfielder if we’d wanted to. Lennon has shown plenty times that he’ll play Whittaker through choice rather than nesessity.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I'm sure big Efe could do a job in there!

@hibs.net private member
    I agree with what your saying. I just think its harsh labelling his critics as boo boys. From what ive saw his performances have merited criticism. I ll say again , folk dishing out abuse at games are clowns. People who criticise his performances arent and it doesnt make them boo boys
    Fair enough, but at games, and on here, any mistake he is making is getting moaned at or criticised more than others. He is currently the one being "picked on"more than others. That to me is "boo boy" behaviour. Constructive criticism is interesting and fair game..when it is unfair, it is reasonable to call it out too..

Spot on mate well said

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

We got lucky yesterday, of that there's no dispute, but come Monday morning each of the players will be handed some footage (is it a memory stick these days?) showing their own performance, which they will then go over and work on how to cut out their errors.

Obviously I'll take the three points but I'd rather it didn't depend on Maclaren cutely sticking his foot where it shouldn't have been.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Pointer View Post
    We got lucky yesterday, of that there's no dispute, but come Monday morning each of the players will be handed some footage (is it a memory stick these days?) showing their own performance, which they will then go over and work on how to cut out their errors.

Obviously I'll take the three points but I'd rather it didn't depend on Maclaren cutely sticking his foot where it shouldn't have been.

Why should his feet not have been there?

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Neil Lennon said he thought Whittaker had a good game. Are you questioning his knowledge of the game?

I don’t think Whittaker should be starting in the middle of the park and hope Milligan comes in and takes that position.

What annoys me is that he seems to be getting treated completely differently by an element of our support. Doesn’t really matter what is posted on here but I think it’s noticeable at games in terms of the reaction towards anything negative he does. You hear people moaning about him before a ball is even kicked and they are just waitig for that first mistake to jump on thereafter.
    Spot on. It’s pathetic from a section of our support at the moment. Clowns behind me yesterday were desperate for him to make a mistake yet were absolutely silent anytime he made a good pass or did anything positive

First Team Regular

We got lucky yesterday but evend out by them getting lucky at Rugby Park last season.I didn't hear there manager complaining then

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    [QUOTE=The Pointer;5552056]We got lucky yesterday, of that there's no dispute, but come Monday morning each of the players will be handed some footage (is it a memory stick these days?) showing their own performance, which they will then go over and work on how to cut out their errors.

Obviously I'll take the three points but I'd rather it didn't depend on Maclaren cutely sticking his foot where it shouldn't have been

broadfoot swiped the back leg away from McLaren...FACT etc
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 16-09-2018 at 09:02 PM.

Were we lucky?

McLaren did what he was on there to do. We edged a close game against a good side by 1 goal.

It was hardly daylight robbery.

Lennon used what he had available effectively.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleHibee View Post
    Efe’s ‘tackle’ should have been a penalty. Too laid back as usual. Hopefully big Daz gets back to full match fitness soon. Glad to see Porteous getting starts though
    I thought Efe finally managed to get through a game without a calamitous **** up. After watching the highlights, he literally just let Brophy have a free shot for the 1st and then got away with a trademark brain fart challenge on Broadfoot at the end.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Their penalty shout was a stonewaller.
    Not so sure. "Caught him on the ankle" but Broadfoot went down holding his head.

Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Not so sure. "Caught him on the ankle" but Broadfoot went down holding his head.
    If he caught him on the ankle and he went down holding his baws it is still a penalty

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Ingram View Post
    I thought Efe finally managed to get through a game without a calamitous **** up. After watching the highlights, he literally just let Brophy have a free shot for the 1st and then got away with a trademark brain fart challenge on Broadfoot at the end.
    Yup once again 2 calamitous errors...lucky for him his names not Steven Whittaker so a section of our support could start booing him when he gets subbed. Efe makes these mistakes on a weekly basis and it's really got to stop...

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Yup once again 2 calamitous errors...lucky for him his names not Steven Whittaker so a section of our support could start booing him when he gets subbed. Efe makes these mistakes on a weekly basis and it's really got to stop...

I just watched the highlights on tv .. He just lets their guy score the first unchallenged. Poor defending from him , his challange on Broadfoot was poor as well. He has been ropey so far this season

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    If he caught him on the ankle and he went down holding his baws it is still a penalty
    Indeed, but the fact he was holding his head made me wonder whether he really was caught on the ankle, or just decided he wanted his team to have a penalty.

I just watched the highlights on tv .. He just lets their guy score the first unchallenged. Poor defending from him , his challange on Broadfoot was poor as well. He has been ropey so far this season
    He sure has mate...the cynic in me us saying he wanted away and is gutted it never happened before the window closed. I'm pretty certain he will be away in Jan but let's hope he finds some form before then. Couldn't believe what I read on match day thread on Sat - some saying he strolled the game??