hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Jellzy
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was Horgan was it not?
    Horgan lost his man after a simple one two.

Horgan and Stevenson just didn't seem to get it right yesterday. Neither were very sure of who was covering who and where they should be.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Who is the new commentator

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    you are getting boring now, stevenson is more to blame for letting his player get past and get the cross in than whittaker, but that wont suit though will it
    I’m not claiming he was solely responsible, others are at fault but that kind of passive marking is what Whittaker does all game and it costs us regularly.
    People giving him man of the match when he does that bemuses me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    I’m not claiming he was solely responsible, others are at fault but that kind of passive marking is what Whittaker does all game and it costs us regularly.
    People giving him man of the match when he does that bemuses me.

so by only naming whittaker in your post you werent just blaming him? i get it now

Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    What about Horgan and Stevenson?

Far too easy
    Shhhhhhhh 🤫 you're not allowed to criticise wee Lewis.
    Whilst (Central midfielder) Whittaker should've done better there's no doubt the two wide left Hibs players were posted missing for both Killie goals.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Not so sure about Stevenson but Horgan sleeping at the first as the boy sneaks by him and Efe could do better. Stevenson also did little wrong at the second. Got caught wrong side but recovered. Whittaker gets done by Stewart’s first touch. (Which was excellent). The finish was great.
    Spot on, Horgan sleeping and efe should try chuck himself in front of the coming shot

so by only naming whittaker in your post you werent just blaming him? i get it now
    I am focusing on a particular aspect of whittakers play. I don’t think he’s good enough to play for us.
    The minute I think the same of Horgan or Stevenson, I’ll say it.
    Do you really believe I have something personal against Whittaker? I’ve never even met him but I’m sure he’s a really nice bloke.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Souttar=Rio Ferdinand apparently
    Did you listen to all of what he said? You’ve picked a few words and put them together to make your post.

thought it was stevenson who let him go, i havent seen the highlights yet though

just seen the highlights and yip was horgan, but we will blame whittaker anyway

Stevenson let him go as Horgan was behind him and it was his man to pick up

@hibs.net private member
    I am focusing on a particular aspect of whittakers play. I don’t think he’s good enough to play for us.
    The minute I think the same of Horgan or Stevenson, I’ll say it.
    Do you really believe I have something personal against Whittaker? I’ve never even met him but I’m sure he’s a really nice bloke.

I don’t think it’s a personal thing I just think you’re that convinced you’re correct that you’re blinding yourself to “prove” your point.

I’ve read you saying you’re a coach yet all you can see are negatives and you can only focus on the contribution of one player - the one that you’ve made your mind up on. God help any laddie in your team that had (or you thought had) a bad game once - he’s no chance of turning your opinion of him round.

Definitely not a pen for us, Whittaker got turned too easily for the 1st and was slow to react for the 2nd, Efe fouled near the end for a penalty to Killie. Too many individual errors still, got a wee bit lucky with the refs decisions by the looks of it.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    It was Horgan was it not?
    I’m not sure where Stevenson was? I think for both goals the attack came down that side but he’s gone infield somewhere? Was he man marking someone or something?

Not really a criticism of him as these things happen, I never saw the highlights of the goals so it may be something obvious I missed at the time however it appeared to be a notable tactic of Killie.

Efe’s ‘tackle’ should have been a penalty. Too laid back as usual. Hopefully big Daz gets back to full match fitness soon. Glad to see Porteous getting starts though

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I’m not sure where Stevenson was? I think for both goals the attack came down that side but he’s gone infield somewhere? Was he man marking someone or something?

Not really a criticism of him as these things happen, I never saw the highlights of the goals so it may be something obvious I missed at the time however it appeared to be a notable tactic of Killie.
    O’Donnell and Burke are both good players and were working Stevenson and Horgan hard.

Just seen the highlights on my phone as I wasn't there yesterday due to being on holiday. How Ambrose's challenge didn't result in a penalty is astonishing.

Great free kick from Mallan and header from Gray. Penalty was very clinical from Kamberi.

Their first goal was poor from us defensively. Their second was a good strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I don’t think it’s a personal thing I just think you’re that convinced you’re correct that you’re blinding yourself to “prove” your point.

I’ve read you saying you’re a coach yet all you can see are negatives and you can only focus on the contribution of one player - the one that you’ve made your mind up on. God help any laddie in your team that had (or you thought had) a bad game once - he’s no chance of turning your opinion of him round.
    Kids football and professional football are completely different things.

@hibs.net private member
    Kids football and professional football are completely different things.

Objectivity or judgement (or lack of) isn’t though.

Objectivity or judgement (or lack of) isn’t though.
    Should Whittaker have done better at both those goals yesterday? Yes or no?

@hibs.net private member

Not seen them back yet. At the game I thought we were struggling down the left hand side.

Will say when I watch the rest of sport scene but I reckon I’m likely to see more than one player “culpable”.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    A lot of folk now jumping on people who criticise whittakers performances , some calling them boo boys ...
    At the end of the day if folk think his performances in the centre of midfield are okay then i would question their knowledge of the game.

He was okay in possession for about half an hour in the first half yesterday but generally he takes an age to set his body when taking possession, if pressed then he loses possession.. , and the rest was rubbish. He is so far off his man at times its unreal, he takes about a week to react to second ball and his general reading of play defensively is horrendous. I personally think he is a liability playing there and we will lose goals as a result.

Not seen them back yet. At the game I thought we were struggling down the left hand side.

Will say when I watch the rest of sport scene but I reckon I’m likely to see more than one player “culpable”.

Im pretty sure it was the 2nd goal that i thought Lewis stevenson should have shielded the ball out of play for a goal kick but instead he opted to hook it back into play , not watched it on telly so not sure if im being harsh , but that was how i saw it at the time

stevenson and horgan should have done better, whittaker got turned about 20 seconds before the goal

Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post
    A lot of folk now jumping on people who criticise whittakers performances , some calling them boo boys ...
    At the end of the day if folk think his performances in the centre of midfield are okay then i would question their knowledge of the game.

He was okay in possession for about half an hour in the first half yesterday but generally he takes an age to set his body when taking possession, if pressed then he loses possession.. , and the rest was rubbish. He is so far off his man at times its unreal, he takes about a week to react to second ball and his general reading of play defensively is horrendous. I personally think he is a liability playing there and we will lose goals as a result.
    Neil Lennon said he thought Whittaker had a good game. Are you questioning his knowledge of the game?

I don’t think Whittaker should be starting in the middle of the park and hope Milligan comes in and takes that position.

What annoys me is that he seems to be getting treated completely differently by an element of our support. Doesn’t really matter what is posted on here but I think it’s noticeable at games in terms of the reaction towards anything negative he does. You hear people moaning about him before a ball is even kicked and they are just waitig for that first mistake to jump on thereafter.

Quote Originally Posted by Leith Green View Post

his performance yesterday was ok, and ive watched and played football to a relatively high standard so my knowledge of the game is fine thanks

you are getting boring now, stevenson is more to blame for letting his player get past and get the cross in than whittaker, but that wont suit though will it
    Exactly doesn't fit the boo boy culture mate...what about Efe daydreaming at the 1st goal...made it so easy for Brophy...not to mention the role both Horgan and Lewy played

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

his performance yesterday was ok, and ive watched and played football to a relatively high standard so my knowledge of the game is fine thanks
    Yeah but surely we are judging him on his performances so far this season not just yesterday. He isnt good enough in the position he is being played , he has had quite a few poor performances so far

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    Our pitch looks majestic
    Totally agree, fully compliant as well. I have a working background in fine turf sport pitches and it looks superb 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Exactly doesn't fit the boo boy culture mate...what about Efe daydreaming at the 1st goal...made it so easy for Brophy...not to mention the role both Horgan and Lewy played

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    To say stevenson doesnt fit a boo boy culture is just ridiculous. He used to get a fair bit of stick not so long ago. Some of it justified and a lot of it over the top. His game has improved massively from then and he consistently performs , so it would be ridiculous to jump on him for having an off day. Whittaker had been poor in most of his games with a couple of games he had done okay.

Can i just add that I totally disagree with anybody dishing out stick or abuse at the games , they are just wallopers..

Quote Originally Posted by bodhibs View Post
    Totally agree, fully compliant as well. I have a working background in fine turf sport pitches and it looks superb 👍
    Are you Lee Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Neil Lennon said he thought Whittaker had a good game. Are you questioning his knowledge of the game?

I don’t think Whittaker should be starting in the middle of the park and hope Milligan comes in and takes that position.

What annoys me is that he seems to be getting treated completely differently by an element of our support. Doesn’t really matter what is posted on here but I think it’s noticeable at games in terms of the reaction towards anything negative he does. You hear people moaning about him before a ball is even kicked and they are just waitig for that first mistake to jump on thereafter.

I ll say again , you are referring to one game yesterday but what about the other games he has played? Regarding lennons comments , Id question his man management if he came out and criticised him in the media.