hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

The Sportscene Thread

Anybody watch it last night?

New studio but they need to sort out the reflections. For me its a pretty decent product now with an hour of highlights. Show returns at 6.30 next Sunday.
    Last edited by cleanyman; 06-08-2018 at 10:46 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

I like Stewart and Thompson, Jonathon Sutherland not so much but he's not desperately bad. I think it's got a lot better over the last year or 2 (especially since we're back on it ) but it just feels a bit rushed, especially the analysis bits.

@hibs.net private member
    Still not great highlights though.... pretty much showed our goals and their close chances... not a true reflection of the game yesterday.

Spend far too much time on the old firm as always.

I think sportscene is fine. Give me that over the over analysis and posturing of match of the day.
    My only beef is Thompson continually interrupting Stewart to butt in and state the obvious.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think sportscene is fine. Give me that over the over analysis and posturing of match of the day.
    My only beef is Thompson continually interrupting Stewart to butt in and state the obvious.
    I think Thompson interrupts, as Stewart always seems to find the negative, and can be over critical, although right at the end of the Hibs highlights he quickly got in that the score could have been 3-3????

@hibs.net private member
    I thought it was ok - cleared up the handball and rubbished Robinson’s post match comments.

I like Stewart and Thompson but agree at times they tend to talk over each other.

On another note - any idea how Stevie Maclean can now play on artificial pitches? He never used to be able to get insurance and all Rob Maclean done was acknowledge that without explaining what’s changed.

Suffered 10 minutes of their Saturday results show at 3pm. David Currie, McFadden, Thompson and Shelley Kerr watching all the SPFL games. McFadden and Thompson missed a couple of goals talking drivel.

Shelley Kerr was the best of them by a long way.

Sunday's was better. Stewart and Thompson are ok.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Sportscene is a pretty good show. Sutherland, Stewart and Thomson are all fine.

It's a very good show when Hibs win

its now better than the trumpets on Sportsound.

Still undecided on the new studio but that’s just me being picky. Sutherland’s gone up in my rating somewhat over the last season or so but I still wish they’d find someone better to be hosting it. I like Stewart and Thompson, they give you the good cop bad cop pairing and can add extra entertainment at times. Only moan would be I thought our game got the least amount of highlights last night than anyone else? Seemed to just be the three goals but then again there wasn’t much else to show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Thought Thompson and Stewart found Gerrards not in the same class comment highly amusing presenter guy was trying not to laugh.

First Team Breakthrough
    I think it's fine.
    It getting better and both pundits are decent.

Highlights just seem to be thrown together though without a timescale or build up.

Watched sportscene extra today and all they covered was Gerrard, Rangers, Gerrard,Gerrard,Gerrard,The Ref,Morelos and some more Gerrard. So frustrating waiting for any discussion about Hibs that never came. Steven Thompson to his credit tried on numerous occasions to change the subject to literally anything else only for Jonathan Sutherland to drag it back to Gerrard. It was embarrassing and a waste of time for anybody who isn't a rangers fan with bampot conspiracy theories swirling round their head. If they empty Sutherland it would be decent watch imo.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Is there a reason Thompson constantly refers to us as Hibernian rather than Hibs?

I thought it wasn't one of the better shows. Michael stewart likes to explain things which he does great on the radio or live games but it all seems rushed especially the bit at the end of our bit about sjm. It's almost as if they are not sure what sutherland was going to ask them. Maybe a little more rehearsing and they will be fine. As for the 3-3 from thommo. Deary me.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    Is there a reason Thompson constantly refers to us as Hibernian rather than Hibs?
    Because thats what the club is called, Hibernian.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I thought it was ok - cleared up the handball and rubbished Robinson’s post match comments.

I like Stewart and Thompson but agree at times they tend to talk over each other.

On another note - any idea how Stevie Maclean can now play on artificial pitches? He never used to be able to get insurance and all Rob Maclean done was acknowledge that without explaining what’s changed.
    Just another of these yam-related mysteries which are never explained, like the two point deduction which should have been three. And the safety certificates which get waved through when the main stand remains a building site...

As you say, though, how come Hearts give him the nod to play when Saints didn't? It's not as though Saints squad is so big that they would happily have rested one of their better players if they felt he was fit to play on these surfaces. You'd hope Hearts didn't put any pressure on him in this regard eg At 36 you'll be retiring soon so this will be your last move. If you want it to happen you need to make yourself available for every game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Because thats what the club is called, Hibernian.
    He does it more than anyone else on television or radio though, mate.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    It does sound better than saying Hibs although the time, or going on some Cosgrove-esque rhyming slang tangent

That's the club's name.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    That's the club's name.
    Yes but he calls us Hibernian more than hibs. No one else seems to do it that's why I asked

And Ibrox as Ibrx.

First Team Breakthrough
    I lke it.

Duffy and Preston do it too.

Because it is our name I don't hear Jambos Gers or Huns either

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post

Interestingly the actual interview stated never a handball at least twice. Spectacular editing for the telly but mentioned by the guys on the programme.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Stewart and Thompson do a decent job as pundits, however it has way too much of pundit 'chat' versus actual game highlights. It needs the amount of time of actual game footage increased.

@hibs.net private member Greenfly's Avatar
    I still lament not getting Sportscene on a Saturday night like we used to. I accept that given the amount of Sunday football now we clearly need it on Sunday night as well. Seems easy enough to do with Match of the Day. I also thinks it's a shame we get virtually nothing from lower leagues now.

'S' Form
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenfly View Post
    I still lament not getting Sportscene on a Saturday night like we used to. I accept that given the amount of Sunday football now we clearly need it on Sunday night as well. Seems easy enough to do with Match of the Day. I also thinks it's a shame we get virtually nothing from lower leagues now.
    Strangely used to love the old Division 1 highlights from a few years back when it was on STV, Scotsport First I think it was called. The SPL version was horrible though. Big daft studio audience with a 5 aside goal infront of them, presenters were torture as well. Still watched it religiously right enough...

Sportscene's not great, but a far cry from those days. Wee round-up of the lower divisions would be a nice addition IMO.
    Last edited by Crutch; 07-08-2018 at 12:47 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    On tonight 6.30

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Livi's pitch, wow. How is that allowed in the top league? Complete joke.