hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Spoke to one of our fans directors at the match tonight about it. They said it will all be sorted for Thursday night, there will be signs in the ground showing you where to buy the tickets.
    I don’t gamble, but I’ll have a look on Thursday, and report back what I see

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member gogs_t's Avatar
    Still couldn't see a ticket seller in West Upper last night and as the prize money seemed quite low again, guess other parts of the ground were the same.

While it doesn't bring in a massive amount of money, I think the chances are that the Youth Academy (which I believe the money goes toward) could have lost out on a couple of grand last season and the same could happen this season.

First Team Breakthrough Ralphy C's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gogs_t View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Still couldn't see a ticket seller in West Upper last night and as the prize money seemed quite low again, guess other parts of the ground were the same.

While it doesn't bring in a massive amount of money, I think the chances are that the Youth Academy (which I believe the money goes toward) could have lost out on a couple of grand last season and the same could happen this season.
    Lady at foot of stairs just after the turnstiles, anyone know the numbers? Cheers.

There used to be sellers right at the turnstiles in the FF, that stopped about 3 or 4 years back. Then there were a few sellers in the upper concourse close to the doors leading to the seating. They disappeared a couple of seasons back. I can't actually remember the last time I saw someone selling tickets in the FF. I always bought one but can't now. That's can't rather than won't. It's a weekly moan from those sitting around me as well.

If there was new signage last night then a big group of us all completely missed it.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Coaching Staff The Green Goblin's Avatar
    There were sellers in West Upper, but again a situation where there was a big crowd of 16k+ but a surprisingly low corresponding prize fund of £699. There’s more important things of course, but I’m just curious to understand what’s happened.

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Goblin View Post
    There were sellers in West Upper, but again a situation where there was a big crowd of 16k+ but a surprisingly low corresponding prize fund of £699. There’s more important things of course, but I’m just curious to understand what’s happened.
    Couldn't see any at the West Upper (South Stand end) Was in 20 mins before KO and actually went looking.

As you say, there are more important things but feel the club is missing out. I've been buying them since they started the draw - even won a signed strip in the Collins, Ma-Kalambay days - and others about me have also commented when the draw is made at half time that they couldn't find a ticket seller.

However, it shows you how far we've come over the last few seasons that one of the few things we have to moan about is finding a Happy Hibee ticket seller

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Don't know which Fans Rep you spoke to Billy, but he's fed you a line

The wee lassie and her mum in the FF upper moves along the upper concourse from East to West doors and I think when her book (or books) are done then that must be her done.
    It's certainly the case that you have to hunt for the seller rather than fall over one. 10 folks at the pie queue and she'll be gone from sight.
    Definitely no signage and the bibs look to be a thing of the past too.

It's a great initiative and a very long-running one that must benefit the club and its community in areas that need it (certainly not for paying UEFA fines mind ), but someone at the club has to grasp the running of this and sharpen it up.

And also - the prize kitty is on the way down while crowds are going up, so they plainly aren't selling enough. £600+ last night on the back of a big European gate? That's surely a whole lot of Happy Hibbies that aren't buying one.

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    And also - the prize kitty is on the way down while crowds are going up, so they plainly aren't selling enough. £600+ last night on the back of a big European gate? That's surely a whole lot of Happy Hibbies that aren't buying one.
    Yup, it’s this I don’t understand. If most of the recent games are selling out, but the prize fund is down, that’s a good chance for the club to benefit which isn’t being taken.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by gogs_t View Post
    Couldn't see any at the West Upper (South Stand end) Was in 20 mins before KO and actually went looking.

As you say, there are more important things but feel the club is missing out. I've been buying them since they started the draw - even won a signed strip in the Collins, Ma-Kalambay days - and others about me have also commented when the draw is made at half time that they couldn't find a ticket seller.

However, it shows you how far we've come over the last few seasons that one of the few things we have to moan about is finding a Happy Hibee ticket seller
    There was one in the West upper south last night. Just at the top of the stairs by the ladies toilet. Anyone know the numbers?

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Yup, it’s this I don’t understand. If most of the recent games are selling out, but the prize fund is down, that’s a good chance for the club to benefit which isn’t being taken.
    Less people selling less tickets is less prize money regardless of the crowd.

Maybe Hibs.net can get some campaign going to get young volunteers from within this community and some nice branded bibs or trackie tops? Didn't the site sponsor the Happy Hibby before?
    Might've been a suggestion on the back of that last donation to the club, but that's for the folk in charge I suppose.

Wink

Maybe Hibs.net can get some campaign going to get young volunteers from within this community and some nice branded bibs or trackie tops? Didn't the site sponsor the Happy Hibby before?
    Might've been a suggestion on the back of that last donation to the club, but that's for the folk in charge I suppose.
    We did indeed sponsor it before and there were concerns being voiced then about the lack of people selling tickets. The club obviously did little to address those concerns.
    The Hibs Supporters Club sponsors it now I think .
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member

Hibs are aware the sales of Happy Hibby draws have gone backwards. There are things in hand to organise the sale of tickets better and increase sales. There are a few things that need to be looked into before it is finalised.

In the meantime there is signage being prepared for each of the stands. Sellers will stand under the signs. Hopefully this will lead to higher sales.

I will be really disappointed if the signs aren't in place for the next match.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Hibs are aware the sales of Happy Hibby draws have gone backwards. There are things in hand to organise the sale of tickets better and increase sales. There are a few things that need to be looked into before it is finalised.

In the meantime there is signage being prepared for each of the stands. Sellers will stand under the signs. Hopefully this will lead to higher sales.

I will be really disappointed if the signs aren't in place for the next match.
    Could tickets be bought online? It could be a purchase option when you buy your ticket? ST holders could log in and add tickets for games too. That way it would take the pressure off the sellers and you could also potentially have people buying tickets even if they were not able to attend the game.

There was one in the West upper south last night. Just at the top of the stairs by the ladies toilet. Anyone know the numbers?
    Hmm. Not when I passed. Must have been unfortunate timing!

@hibs.net private member
    I managed to get a ticket last night in the FF upper, but that's the first time in a while. There was no one at (what used to be the selling point again) inside the door at the top of the stairs, but there was a seller at the other staircase.
    The club are missing out on quite a bit of cash by not having sufficient sellers imo. I think it worked better before when they were located just inside the turnstiles.

We have to go searching for sellers in the East every home game...not surprised less people are buying them...it's a nightmare trying to find the sellers

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    1 or 2.

Someone suggested using the bookies kiosks since they are not getting used this season ... seems like a good idea to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by dp00 View Post
    Someone suggested using the bookies kiosks since they are not getting used this season ... seems like a good idea to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Think there are other plans for them. It has been discussed.

@hibs.net private member
    Could tickets be bought online? It could be a purchase option when you buy your ticket? ST holders could log in and add tickets for games too. That way it would take the pressure off the sellers and you could also potentially have people buying tickets even if they were not able to attend the game.
    Has been discussed using alternative ways of selling tickets. It is being investigated as to the feasibility, any tax implications etc.

Haven't seen sellers in the FF for ages. Pity, as I used to buy a ticket every game.

Never won nowt tho

What we Thursday night's numbers?

@hibs.net private member H18S NX's Avatar
    Never saw any sellers in the west upper ff end or last week.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    What we Thursday night's numbers?
    Cash: 71888
    Strip: 73766
    Ball: 71587

*Source:The Bounce.

Quote Originally Posted by H18S NX View Post
    Never saw any sellers in the west upper ff end or last week.
    The girl selling them last night in WU FF end was at the foot of the stairs just after you came in through the turnstiles. It was the same seller who is usually in that section.

@hibs.net private member
    I`m in the Upper North Stand and always get a couple, in fact, for the Greek game, I was only four tickets off the cash prize - if only I had`nt gone to the loo first but that`s what happens to you once you are over 50 lol. The sellers are normally around the food kiosks too

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post

Thanks for letting me know I haven't won again.

Thanks for letting me know I haven't won again.
    🤭 me either.... Though I did manage to buy a ticket, 15 minutes before KO, in the middle of the East concourse immediately behind turnstile 40.
    Same location I purchased a HH ticket before every home game last season.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post

I had ticket 71988 - I was hoping he'd misspoke when the numbers were announced

Last season and in the Championship the sellers were very productive in' Behind the Goals' me and my friends would buy at least £2 each so £10 every home match minimum. Now go direct to FF and no sellers present . Actually the prize money now is embarrassing. Not wanting to cynical but did the price of paying sellers wages and commission become an issue? We are now paying out about £3-£4 hundred less than when we were in the championship. Is this a missed opportunity
    Last edited by Foritza; 11-08-2018 at 06:26 AM.