hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Porteous and Shaw

Going to be big stars. Was never in doubt with Porteous and against Salmon it was great to see a young player so dominant and streetwise against a battle scared veteran. Great reader of the game.

Shaw has a phenomenal work rate and is bringing a more physical aspect to his game. Lovely football brain and very decent finisher.
    When young players like that come of age (as they are this season) it’s like two high level pedigree signings.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Both of them play as though they’ve got years of experience behind them, it’s amazing they’re both so young.

Porteous especially looked dominant today. A natural replacement for McGregor in the future.

'S' Form
    Massive boost that Lennon shows so much confidence in them ..

@hibs.net private member
    Hoping Fraser Murray can join them once he is back fit

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    Porteous was superb. Future Scotland centre half and could go all the way in the game.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Both of them had great games today.

I'd have given Porteous MOTM though.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Going to be big stars. Was never in doubt with Porteous and against Salmon it was great to see a young player so dominant and streetwise against a battle scared veteran. Great reader of the game.

Shaw has a phenomenal work rate and is bringing a more physical aspect to his game. Lovely football brain and very decent finisher.
    When young players like that come of age (as they are this season) it’s like two high level pedigree signings.
    I’m sure you meant bottle scarred....

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Agree, both were superb today. Was surprised at how well Boyle and Shaw worked together up top. Porteous won a few crucial headers and strolled it against two big units in Sammon and Main, he is a class act.

Fantastic to have two great young talents breaking through. We're slowly bringing them into the first team nicely and they're both benefiting from it.

@hibs.net private member GordonHFC's Avatar
    I thought Shaw's first touch was much better than it has been. Excellent performance and well worthy of man of the match.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Both done really well today. For me Porteus in particular is the one I'm most excited about. He's going to be a big star!

Don’t rate Oli shaw whatsoever, can’t believe they gave him MOTM today, took his goal well but lost every single header and coughed up possession repeatedly.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leitherhibs View Post
    Don’t rate Oli shaw whatsoever, can’t believe they gave him MOTM today, took his goal well but lost every single header and coughed up possession repeatedly.
    Away and rattle yourself, ridiculous post

@hibs.net private member
    Deary me! Great youngster with huge potential - should have gone to Specsavers!

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Seriously??

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    This place cracks me up some times. 20 year old lad, getting eased into the team and scored a few good goals for the first team so far. Lot of pressure on him today with Kamberi and McLaren on the bench and took his chance well. Linked up well with Boyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Away and rattle yourself, ridiculous post
    Entitled to an opinion, gone missing every time I’ve seen the lad play, some decent touches now and again but not enough there to make it at this level. Entitled to an opinion, away to “rattle” myself.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Porteous is going to make us an absolute fortune. Not only is he a rock at the back, he’s vocal, and also pretty good on the ball. He had a couple of wayward passes throughout the game but I like that he’s going for those sorts of balls.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Entitled to an opinion, gone missing every time I’ve seen the lad play, some decent touches now and again but not enough there to make it at this level. Entitled to an opinion, away to “rattle” myself.
    Yes please
    Got man of the match, had some great hold up play, and scored an excellent goal

Seriously?? He held the ball up brilliantly at times for a youngster and his 1st touch was brilliant

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Always entitled to an “opinion” but if that “opinion” is a load of ***** then folk will call you out on it

Porteous and Shaw

Boy had an outstanding game and when played to his strengths he was superb. Didn’t win many headers but did plenty more and the first touch and finish fir his goal was superb.

Coughed up possession??? Most players do that but his touch at times was excellent.

Opinions eh!

Meant to add I wouldn’t have given him the MOTM but he was a very close second to Ryan who I thought was outstanding today.

Did the right things at the right time (and by this I mean get rid).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post

Is that a typo or a true description, DBS?
    Porteous was outstanding today. I thought Ollie did okay.
    Last edited by snooky; 05-08-2018 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Yes please
    Got man of the match, had some great hold up play, and scored an excellent goal
    Very charitable MOTM, had some decent moments today no denying it but I just don’t think he’s got what it takes. Would be delighted for him to prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul1642 View Post
    Hoping Fraser Murray can join them once he is back fit
    I agree ☝️Murray will be top player for us

Thought the two lads were excellent today, Porteous strolled it and looks a rel player, Shaw oozes class and will only get better, 2 future stars in my opinion.

Porteous is playing so solidly now I would get him in the back 3 permanently...but I can't work out who should step aside out of Ambrose, Hanlon or McGregor

@hibs.net private member
    Porteous is a McGregor clone. High hopes for him - imagine if he can improve with the ball at his feet - he could go to the very top.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    What is Shaws goals to games ratio? It must be pretty decent.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Liam89's Avatar
    So clearly either a wind up merchant or not a hibs fan.