hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Stokes.

Mr. Stokes.

Opened the scoring this evening for Tractor Sazi in a 1-1 draw at home. They began with a 0-0 away last week.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Fire engines all over Iran right now

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    It's a great strike from 30 yards to be fair!

Good luck out there stokesy!
    Mon the Hibs.

The Tabriz version of George Street better watch out tonight.

Some man!

Good to see him still rocking that No 28 shirt too.

Just keep him away from hotels and fire extinguishers and he’ll be a good signing for them

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Hibs legend.

Always be a legend in my eyes. Just a shame he's a bit of a maniac. Imagine we had him firing on all cylinders to add to the mix as well!!

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    I thought he was at st.mirren ?

Ah well all the best to a hibs legend

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Money wise that’ll not be a bad move for him and looking online it seems he’ll play in some huge stadiums with big crowds. Hope he sticks it 🏆
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hibs legend.

Lang may his lum reek.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonade View Post

Lang may his lum reek.
    Does he know he can get a cream for that?

Tractor Sazi lost 3-0 away to Esteghlal this evening. Only one semi-sniff for Stokesy in the 6 minutes of highlights on YouTube. A top-notch own goal, a dive in the box that was so outrageously bad the ref almost laughed at it and a lot of "defending" by Tractor that would've seen Alan Hansen spontaneously combust if he'd been a studio pundit. Impressive stadium to say the least. Fans seemed to be in the good seats, with not too many towards the goals, but made a noise. Esteghlal about 5/6 to win, but they looked well worth the 3-0 on the highlights.

Quote Originally Posted by EricStoner View Post
    Tractor Sazi lost 3-0 away to Esteghlal this evening. Only one semi-sniff for Stokesy in the 6 minutes of highlights on YouTube. A top-notch own goal, a dive in the box that was so outrageously bad the ref almost laughed at it and a lot of "defending" by Tractor that would've seen Alan Hansen spontaneously combust if he'd been a studio pundit. Impressive stadium to say the least. Fans seemed to be in the good seats, with not too many towards the goals, but made a noise. Esteghlal about 5/6 to win, but they looked well worth the 3-0 on the highlights.
    I've just noticed John Toshack is the manager of Tractor Sazi.

I knew there had to be some British connection as that's Stokes, Harry Forrester and possibly now Lee Erwin who are all playing for them.

Iran's not exactly known as a place for European players to ply their trade so I wondered what the connection was and now I know.

I'm not sure that would be enough to entice me right enough!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDavidGray View Post
    Just keep him away from hotels and fire extinguishers and he’ll be a good signing for them
    ... and Elvis impersonators. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I've just noticed John Toshack is the manager of Tractor Sazi.
    Tosh did not look pleased with things in the one bench shot on the highlights.

21 May 16
    What a man!

Tractor signing Erwin from Killie apparently he'll be getting 20k a week. If that's what they're paying no wonder Stokes has gone

First Team Breakthrough
    I sang myself to sleep singing Stoksies on fire on that day.

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    A good bottle of Shiraz and a sufisticated nightclub to celebrate the win.

Tarnished his reputation with us at the end, and myself and other fans are no doubt a bit bitter towards him currently. But with time that will all be forgotten about, and he’ll take his place as a club legend. I suspect we’ll see him at half time penalty shoot outs etc for the next 30 years. Maybe even a hall of fame entry some day.

He had 3 spells with us, and whilst his attitude wasn’t always great, I’ll always remember him scoring goal of the season at Ibrox, a goal after 12 seconds at ER against Rangers when for all of 20 minutes we looked like serious title contenders at Christmas, and most importantly, being the best player on the park by far on the 21st of May. We wouldn’t have won the cup without him. He sounded pretty overawed and emotional post match interviews, you could tell how much it meant to him. Probably partied harder than any of us afterwards too!
    Last edited by Austinho; 11-08-2018 at 04:41 AM.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    Tarnished his reputation with us at the end, and myself and other fans are no doubt a bit bitter towards him currently. But with time that will all be forgotten about, and he’ll take his place as a club legend. I suspect we’ll see him at half time penalty shoot outs etc for the next 30 years. Maybe even a hall of fame entry some day.

He had 3 spells with us, and whilst his attitude wasn’t always great, I’ll always remember him scoring goal of the season at Ibrox, a goal after 12 seconds at ER against Rangers when for all of 20 minutes we looked like serious title contenders at Christmas, and most importantly, being the best player on the park by far on the 21st of May. We wouldn’t have won the cup without him. He sounded pretty overawed and emotional post match interviews, you could tell how much it meant to him. Probably partied harder than any of us afterwards too!
    No bitterness from me at all. His departure made way for Kamberi, so worked out just fine. And his performance on the 21st May was just sublime - he left himself in plenty credit with me. Was sad his departure played out the way it did but he’s one of my all time heroes now and I’ll wish him well wherever he may go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Playing infront of 80k fans the other night. Always seems to come up smelling of roses does Stokesy.

How can you be bitter towards a guy who scored two goals in a Scottish Cup final that ended our 114 years wait?

It was right that he left when he did but I have absolutely no feelings of bitterness towards Anthony Stokes at all. If I was to meet him today, I would shake his hand and buy him as many drinks as he wanted.

Just checked yesterday's results. Tractor Sazi won 1-0 at home to Saipa. First win. Stokesy didn't score. P4 - W1 - D2 - L1 now. No teams listed on Flashscore. I can't find any footage on YouTube, though there are lots Sazi v. Saipa games on there. I'm keeping an eye on this because I fear for Stokesy if things go wrong out there. I'd say he'll be OK so long as Toshack stays in a job. Toshack must've managed a few Stokesy types in his time. Stokesy might struggle with a local manager or one from a country where football "characters" are thin on the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    How can you be bitter towards a guy who scored two goals in a Scottish Cup final that ended our 114 years wait?

It was right that he left when he did but I have absolutely no feelings of bitterness towards Anthony Stokes at all. If I was to meet him today, I would shake his hand and buy him as many drinks as he wanted.
    This x a million. Those goals and that rampaging Hun terrorizing performance in May 2016 means that this legend can pretty much do what he likes in my eyes.

@hibs.net private member Green Man's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: TheMightyJag PSN ID: FiveOClockHero
    Quote Originally Posted by EricStoner View Post
    Just checked yesterday's results. Tractor Sazi won 1-0 at home to Saipa. First win. Stokesy didn't score. P4 - W1 - D2 - L1 now. No teams listed on Flashscore. I can't find any footage on YouTube, though there are lots Sazi v. Saipa games on there. I'm keeping an eye on this because I fear for Stokesy if things go wrong out there. I'd say he'll be OK so long as Toshack stays in a job. Toshack must've managed a few Stokesy types in his time. Stokesy might struggle with a local manager or one from a country where football "characters" are thin on the ground.
    I’ve just noticed that Saipa are managed by Iranian football legend Ali Daei.

What a slaver. Stokes =legend

He's playing in Iran?

Can't imagine the nightlife will be to his taste.