hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Guys a fraud..

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke3 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is where I am too and I never thought there would be a manager getting close to Ned in my lifetime.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45053436

Scroll down for Leeann's view
    This is how it feels

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Lennon is fantastic. This side is right up there with McLeish's best Hibs side, and imho is better than Mowbray's.

Lennon has virtually redefined Hibs, with some help from Stubbs. We're not a soft touch anymore, we genuinely have a winning mentality and there hasn't been a side we've come up against who I haven't thought we could beat if we played well.

I can't think of a time I've enjoyed supporting us more than over the last few years. Long may it continue.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Lennon's Lip View Post
    Been watching Hibs since the 1960's and seen many a manager come and go, and, for me, only Eddie Turnbull tops Neil Lennon.

Turnbull made me feel that we could beat anyone on our day and in most cases, did.
    The Tornadoes had grit, fight, skill and class all over the pitch, and were a joy to behold when in full flight. Only the greatest Celtic team in history stopped us dominating Scottish football during the early to mid 70s.

Likewise, Neil Lennon leaves me feeling exactly the same way - that we can beat anyone on our day. He has instilled a never-say-die mentality in our team and built an even stronger and hard-to-beat unit from Stubbs legacy. His passion is there for all to see. The season ahead promises so much (again) and "hitting the ground running" in these early season European ties serves to convince me even more that, with one or two key additions, we will be right up there challenging the best in the SPL.
    This for me as well, I have been a bit slow coming round but I'm starting to believe

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Most important man at ER by a long way. Under Lennon we often now win games we'd have drawn and draw games we'd have lost.
    Last edited by Baader; 02-08-2018 at 11:43 PM.

Been watching Hibs since the 1960's and seen many a manager come and go, and, for me, only Eddie Turnbull tops Neil Lennon.

Turnbull made me feel that we could beat anyone on our day and in most cases, did.
    The Tornadoes had grit, fight, skill and class all over the pitch, and were a joy to behold when in full flight. Only the greatest Celtic team in history stopped us dominating Scottish football during the early to mid 70s.

Likewise, Neil Lennon leaves me feeling exactly the same way - that we can beat anyone on our day. He has instilled a never-say-die mentality in our team and built an even stronger and hard-to-beat unit from Stubbs legacy. His passion is there for all to see. The season ahead promises so much (again) and "hitting the ground running" in these early season European ties serves to convince me even more that, with one or two key additions, we will be right up there challenging the best in the SPL.
    I like the way your thinking.

Have to agree with everything you say

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by CathroMustStay View Post
    We need to back this man to the hilt now.

-Won Scottish Championship in 1st season (no feat but still had to be achieved)
    -Achieved our record top-flight points tally of the modern era
    -Installed a much tougher & resilient mindset, throughout the spine of the team
    -Despite May loss at Tynecastle, we've continued our superiority over Hearts
    -Beat Sevco 2/2 times at Ibrox
    -Beat Celtic & only lost 1/4 league games v Rodgers
    -Beat Brondby away before agony of the penalty shootout
    -Tonight we eliminated a very decent Greek team; a winnable tie v Molde awaits

Lenny's current record at Easter Road = P96 W50 (52.0%) D30 (31.3%) L16 (16.7%)

Attachment 21089Attachment 21090
    Attachment 21091Attachment 21092

Absolutely agree - beneath the brusque passion is a deep intelligence which I have grown to admire with each passing month of Lennon's tenure at Hibs - he "gets" us in a way which is a complement to Hibs and himself - and - this guy really DOES have a talent for putting together and leading football teams. It's a match made in heaven and long may it continue - enjoy nights like tonight and look forward to more (hopefully many) to come

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    Lennon is everything Hibs have lacked in previous decades. His never say die qualities and strength of character have been passed onto the players.

Love the guy. He gets Hibs and we are good for him.

Lennon is tremendous, I'm not sure he's as good a coach as Mowbray but his leadership puts him top of the manager list in my lifetime, he was a warrior at Leocester and developed into a winner at Celtic, he's been a winner ever since and he's brought that to Hibernian, I hope Rodgers is at Celtic for as long as possible because I genuinely believe that's the only gig he would leave us for, he loves it here, you can just tell and he has bought into Hibs 100% and he has brought that mentality with him, if we get the right players in the next few weeks we could challenge for the Title.

If you look at our point to game ratio in the 2md half of the season with Allan, MacLaren and Kamberi we averaged two points per game, if we can get both those guys back to partner Kamberi I believe we could finish 2nd and give Celtic a run for their money.

I'm so excited by Hibs this season, I always want us to win a Cup but I'm desperate to win one under Lennon, I think it would highlight what we're capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutmegged View Post
    Lennon is tremendous, I'm not sure he's as good a coach as Mowbray but his leadership puts him top of the manager list in my lifetime, he was a warrior at Leocester and developed into a winner at Celtic, he's been a winner ever since and he's brought that to Hibernian, I hope Rodgers is at Celtic for as long as possible because I genuinely believe that's the only gig he would leave us for, he loves it here, you can just tell and he has bought into Hibs 100% and he has brought that mentality with him, if we get the right players in the next few weeks we could challenge for the Title.

If you look at our point to game ratio in the 2md half of the season with Allan, MacLaren and Kamberi we averaged two points per game, if we can get both those guys back to partner Kamberi I believe we could finish 2nd and give Celtic a run for their money.

I'm so excited by Hibs this season, I always want us to win a Cup but I'm desperate to win one under Lennon, I think it would highlight what we're capable of.
    How far will we go?
    i was going to say how far can we go but I think it’s in our control
    we have the right people at the helm

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    How far will we go?
    i was going to say how far can we go but I think it’s in our control
    we have the right people at the helm
    Absolute winner and master tactician plus gets us right mentally.

I hope he realises how much he is admired by us hibs fans,hibs and lennon just make total sense, but we have to as a fanbase continue to be ambitious and build our club up,if the aim isny to be a regular force in leauge and euro qauly then the passion fades and we yoyo,I hope they days stay behind us.delighted being a hibby these days,walk tall stand proud hibbys these days are wat its all about.

Coaching Staff
    This is about as good as it gets being a Hibby.

I can't recall following Hibs as being as much fun as it is right now and I am old enough to remember clearly the Eddie Turnbull era. I always thought that the memories of the players we had then masked some of the decisions ET made, for example the premature (IMHO) breaking up of the Tornadoes. Really, did that team really need a coach? Sir Pat and the likes of Alan Gordon et al could have gone out on a field manager-less and destroyed all before them on their day.

"On their day" though was part of the problem and why ET broke them up - as I recall he thought the team were too soft. "Boy Band" anyone? Plenty of Hibees vented their anger at Joe Harper at the time and whilst his arrogance and will to win was what we needed I doubt that many of us would have sacrificed Alan Gordon and Jimmy O'Rourke in exchange for Joe Harper, even though his goal scoring stats for us were really very good.

Neil Lennon though has gone about things in a different way albeit backed superbly from LD, RP and everyone else on the backroom staff. Seems to be the case that their are no egos, just a mixture of young players and a sprinkling of experienced players but who all have a winning mentality and a desire to be the very best they can be.

The whole atmosphere at the club changed when Alan Stubbs took over but without doubt it stepped up a level when Lennon took over and long may it continue - it's been a hoot and it seems like at the end of every game we play I'm thinking that I can't wait for the next game. Right now it feel awfully good to be a Hibee.......

Funny how guy who has a player elicited such dislike has now become one of my favourite guys in football ever. I'm 40 and would say he's comfortably the best since I've been watching Hibs. Given his experiences in the game and his seemingly natural fit at Easter Road it feels (maybe naively) that he could stay for a long long time. Can't see him jumping back down south too quickly following his Bolton experience. Only if he gets to the point where he feels he can't take Hibs forward, or Celtic come back calling, will he be off I think. He's given us steel, resolve and a sense that although we're doing well there is always room to grow. Really shaken off the "we've already made it" mentality of so many previous groups of talented players at Hibs in recent (and not so recent) seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    Lennon is everything Hibs have lacked in previous decades. His never say die qualities and strength of character have been passed onto the players.

Love the guy. He gets Hibs and we are good for him.
    Agreed ... and we're incredibly fortunate with Lennon. OF would normally have stolen any Hibs manager with his record long before he had built it.

Sevco will never employ Lennon for obvious reasons. Celtic don't need Lennon as he's already had a stint and Rogers is doing ok.
    England don't want (for now) as he failed at Bolton.

Lennon will likely move on to bigger things, but has provided the blue-print and benchmark for Hibs managers to come.

Left by mutual consent!
    The fact that this is the first time we have won two European Tues in a row, in 45 years, maybe suggests Ned was not as good as people think.

To be honest, from around about 74 on, he had lost his way.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Agreed ... and we're incredibly fortunate with Lennon. OF would normally have stolen any Hibs manager with his record long before he had built it.

Sevco will never employ Lennon for obvious reasons. Celtic don't need Lennon as he's already had a stint and Rogers is doing ok.
    England don't want (for now) as he failed at Bolton.

Lennon will likely move on to bigger things, but has provided the blue-print and benchmark for Hibs managers to come.
    All the touchline bans etc will work in our favour - any epl board would regard that as a risk

Left by mutual consent!
    He is different class. He has strengthened the players both physically and mentally and we would simply not have achieved a lot of the results we have over the last couple of years without him. Outstanding appointment by Hibs.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chic Murray View Post
    The fact that this is the first time we have won two European Tues in a row, in 45 years, maybe suggests Ned was not as good as people think.

Different times. There were no such things as qualifying rounds in those days (at least not that I'm aware of) and Turnbull's Hibs were pitched straight in against the likes of Liverpool and Leeds - and were far from outclassed. They beat Sporting Lisbon 6-1 and reached the last eight of the Cup Winners Cup (and should have made the semis).

Prior to Lennon I think most would agree Turnbull was the manager who gave Hibs real swagger. McLeish also injected a strong mentality (especially in the derby) but the money in the Scottish game at the time enabled him to sign bigger name players than Lennon is able to.

Quote Originally Posted by steakbake View Post
    This is about as good as it gets being a Hibby.
    Yup heady days indeed...as Lenny said post match to think 2 years ago some.of these players were playing Championship football...just been a remarkable rise since that day in May 2016...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    I'm most pleased about the entertainment on offer but the success is also very welcome. How much has it got to do with Parker as our record when Lennon is in the stand is unbelievable. Almost like a wait till your father gets home where Parker can reason and explain and the threat of a red faced screaming Lennon is in the background

Love the Lenny . He's managed to make us very hard to beat but still play entertaining attacking football . Unbeaten in 3 away ties in Europe is just phenomenal , especially considering Brondby and Asteras are no mugs with good home records

Lets all do the Lenny

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lennon is the best manager we've had in my lifetime by a country mile

Think he needs to work on his aeroplane impersonations though - could do better

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    You guys better watch out. I got called a ‘Lennon sycophant’ on here a week ago for suggesting that he wasn’t a huddie of a manager. Youse are all going to get it tight when a particular poster sees this thread.
    Nice to see you’re still obsessing over me pal, give us an address and I’ll send you a bunch of flowers. You were called that after refusing to admit Slivka at RB with Whittaker in CM and Boyle upfront was a baffling and ultimately wrong decision that could have put us further than two behind.

It seems your first reaction to a huge Hibs win is to go after a guy who thinks Lennons not the messiah entirely so the point stands.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Chic Murray View Post

Absoutely. I've always argued that Turnbull, good a manager as he was, was fortunate in largely inheriting a great team in their prime but unable to move them up a level or rebuild.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    I've thought for years now that Hibs were a genuine sleeping giant just waiting for the right manager to come along. Lennon has had the benefit of coming to us on the back of the Scottish Cup win which has given him a huge amount of wind in his sails but even allowing for that he has clearly changed the culture, steel and mentality at the club.

Not long after he began I felt there was an opportunity, if he wanted it, to stay for the medium to long term and do a version of what Shankly and Clough did at their clubs. Shape something in their own image capable of consistently playing at beyond the top end of what a club of their size might reasonably expect. I think the ingredients are all there - he's that good, it's that good of a fit between him and the club and the supporters are there in big numbers and ready for it. I don't see what there is elsewhere in Scotland to be afraid of. Why not?