hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    First Team Regular EastCalderHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This Molde team would have embarrassed Craig Levein’s Galacticos.
    they do that themselves every time they play

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular EastCalderHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .KingDomofFife. View Post
    Aye but but but the atmosphere was rubbish
    what would they know about such a thing as an atmosphere they have never had one all the years i have been going to the piggery

@hibs.net private member
    Stop knocking Hertz. They are unbeaten in Europe this season. (Just like us)

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by poolman View Post
    I know him of old when he lived in Embra

He was a total fricking bell end then and he still is now
    Is his name Doug Wilson I went to school with a jambo of that name and he emigrated to NZ.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Should also within the same post he said out Golden generation sales went in to the pockets of RP and STF - neglecting to mention completion of our stadium and our very own training centre were directly financed by player sales, as well as paying off remaining debts which is obviously a concept that Hearts don't understand.
    TBF you can understand the general confusion. Stands get built, debt goes up, sell players for over millions and then go bust. They are anticipating us going bust any day now. We even signed Lithuanians, they've seen it before so it doesn't end well for us.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Stop knocking Hertz. They are unbeaten in Europe this season. (Just like us)
    😂

The thing is, at some point, we will lose in Europe (there I said it!!) and you just know the number of “see I told you so” posts from them will be through the roof. Completely ignoring the fact that we’d potentially got through several ties by then. The only banana skin of which was the faroes. We’ve handled all put in front of us professionally and with skill. A rarity over that side of the city.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    The thing is, at some point, we will lose in Europe (there I said it!!) and you just know the number of “see I told you so” posts from them will be through the roof. Completely ignoring the fact that we’d potentially got through several ties by then. The only banana skin of which was the faroes. We’ve handled all put in front of us professionally and with skill. A rarity over that side of the city.
    Tbh, if it's in the group stage v Sevilla or whoever I think they'd be pissing in to the wind😂

Realistically, I think we'll go out v Molde and they can try it on all they want, we went to Greece and beat them over two legs, better than they managed in less hostile conditions in Malta.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Some of my Edinburgh pals are long time friends of some of my mates here in Brittany. Last month the yam son of an Edinburgh pal spent a few days across here staying at a pal's house, his own son being just a bit younger than the visiting yam).

Probably for my benefit, the visiting yam brought a gift of a Hearts top, printed with "F*** HIBS" & 51.

I told my Breton pal's son not to wear it, especially the next time he visits Edinburgh /Scotland as he would likely get his face filled in.

To be honest I was more saddened than anything else, especially given that I've known the young yam since he was born and he's otherwise a great laddie.
    Last edited by Peevemor; 10-08-2018 at 07:28 PM.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Should also within the same post he said out Golden generation sales went in to the pockets of RP and STF - neglecting to mention completion of our stadium and our very own training centre were directly financed by player sales, as well as paying off remaining debts which is obviously a concept that Hearts don't understand.
    Did the guy that took money for a bus that he never booked them did a runner (to Thailand on hols?) ever pay back or resurface?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Really? I feel for you, much as I feel sorry for the Kiwis now (assuming that is where he lives).

Yea, he is in NZ

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    They just don’t get it and tbh and some never will. The chat from my yam associates following JM transfer is we are due the lot to the bank as we are skint and are living out with our means!!

We cheated to win the SC with a player we couldn’t afford (Stokes) and we are still at it.

I asked if they had paid the bill to the Lady Haig Poppy Fund (childish, immature and a sort of safety blankie) and I got the 1-5 blah blah blah that’s in the past blah blah.

So kiwidug if your looking in..... see the above

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Let's be fair tho

They all have access to Hibs accounts and know exactly how much we are in debt and how much Tom Farmer rakes in from his monthly take

Quote Originally Posted by madsen5 View Post
    Is his name Doug Wilson I went to school with a jambo of that name and he emigrated to NZ.

The very one

Stayed in Viewforth

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    I thought it was good banter.
    he disnae dae banter

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Some of my Edinburgh pals are long time friends of some of my mates here in Brittany. Last month the yam son of an Edinburgh pal spent a few days across here staying at a pal's house, his own son being just a bit younger than the visiting yam).

Probably for my benefit, the visiting yam brought a gift of a Hearts top, printed with "F*** HIBS" & 51.

I told my Breton pal's son not to wear it, especially the next time he visits Edinburgh /Scotland as he would likely get his face filled in.

To be honest I was more saddened than anything else, especially given that I've known the young yam since he was born and he's otherwise a great laddie.
    That is truly embarassing - hopefully you had a word with it's dad !

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by California-Hibs View Post
    They still use the Hibsing it line!! 😂😂
    Best thing about the Hibsing it thing is, yo the best of my knowledge it only came about on tour run up to winning the Scottish Cup with suggestions we would "Hibs it", and we went on to bloomin withe thing, when I hear the line I think of Snatching victory from the jaws of defeat.

Next time a team lows a sure thing or chance at glory I feel "they've 86'd it" would be much more appropriate.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    Best thing about the Hibsing it thing is, yo the best of my knowledge it only came about on tour run up to winning the Scottish Cup with suggestions we would "Hibs it", and we went on to bloomin withe thing, when I hear the line I think of Snatching victory from the jaws of defeat.

Next time a team lows a sure thing or chance at glory I feel "they've 86'd it" would be much more appropriate.
    Or 1965th it!
    Last edited by FilipinoHibs; 11-08-2018 at 06:32 AM.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Exactly this!

Ironic that it took them 114 years to come up with 2 word 6 letter term to ridicule their rivals and we go and smash it at the very first opportunity

Pleasing...

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by poolman View Post
    The very one

Stayed in Viewforth
    Small world, wasn't too bad at school,
    He must be getting on a bit now.
    Used to have photos of the ****bos inside
    His desk.

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    Exactly this!

Ironic that it took them 114 years to come up with 2 word 6 letter term to ridicule their rivals and we go and smash it at the very first opportunity

Pleasing...
    Ironic as well that some loser set up a countdown clock to get to 1 million hours since we last won the Scottish cup and then we won it with basically a handful of hours left. Sorry about that

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    Exactly this!

Pleasing...
    I make it seven letters. Just saying.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by NadeAteMyLunch! View Post
    Ironic as well that some loser set up a countdown clock to get to 1 million hours since we last won the Scottish cup and then we won it with basically a handful of hours left. Sorry about that

Stupid c***s.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    They've recycled it though.

They've got the megastand completion date, the league cup win date, the grand opening of the nursery date and the completion of Mrs Budge's transfer of shares to the fans to countdown.

Come to think of it the first unconditional transfer of the shares might be worth putting a clock on.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    I make it seven letters. Just saying.
    Depends on the tense past or present

Hibs it or Hibs’d It
    Last edited by SouthMoroccoStu; 11-08-2018 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SingHibs View Post
    Or 1965th it!
    You don't need to refer to a specific year when you can simply refer to jambottling it.

Also covers their relationship with the League Cup and Maltese pub teams.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member BonnieFitbaTeam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentinted View Post
    Walking along Gorgie Rd yesterday afternoon (I live locally) and was presented with an irresistible opportunity for a bit of mischief.
    Walking towards me was the Full Kit wearing Jambo Family; Mum, Dad and 3 kids. Big smile on my face I cheerfully asked them if they ‘were goin tae the match the night?’ Only to be faced with expressions of much scoobiedness. ‘Oh right enough’ says I, ‘you’re no exactly dressed right for Easter Road...silly me!’
    Speechless and seething they were. Probably still are!

You’re a bad man, Jeffrey!

And for those cynics suggesting otherwise, and for the avoidance of doubt, he most definitely would
    At Easter Road They Play.....

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    https://www.tickcounter.com/countdown/1464075900000/europe-london/dhms/FFFFFF3B5998000000FF0000/Hibs_Million_Hour_Cup_Countdown

@hibs.net private member
    86d it now that sounds great as a certain person says they do not like it up them they will hate that as they try to forget that ever happened a wee reminder now and then let's them know we will never forget God bless Albert kidd.

Wouldn't believe that at my age that I still get great pleasure in asking Jambos what the score was when I know for a fact that they lost. Obviously not wearing anything Hibs related myself. I know it's childish but at least I've now stopped playing tap door run on the way home.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zitelli62 View Post
    86d it now that sounds great as a certain person says they do not like it up them they will hate that as they try to forget that ever happened a wee reminder now and then let's them know we will never forget God bless Albert kidd.
    Wonder if they’ve heard of that baseball team the 86ers ;)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.