hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Martin boyle

I sense a "he plays in white and green, he's better than Raheem" song coming on.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I sense a "he plays in white and green, he's better than Raheem" song coming on.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    James Forrest is the player who gets picked for Scotland most often in his position.

Is his end-product much better? He's never had an end-product in a Scotland shirt yet.

Boyle's end-product has been better with better and quicker players around him.

I wonder how many more goals and assists he might get in the Celtic team instead of Forrest?

I'm quite happy not finding out.
    Yes, James Forrest has much better end product. Boyle has a lot of work to do to get close to Forrest’s level. Still a great player for us though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Yes, James Forrest has much better end product. Boyle has a lot of work to do to get close to Forrest’s level. Still a great player for us though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Forrest is a player who I have always respected for Celtic against us, but never rated for Scotland.

In our most recent game against Celtic at ER, Lewis didn't give him a sniff. I've never seen Boyle as quiet as Forrest was that day.

I don't think there's that much between them.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    No but I still see a lot of similarities.....maybe I'm wrong.
    . I like watching Boyle too.and his pace and tenacity might eventually get him a move...he has a lot of development to go though. Sterling is streets ahead of him...20 goals last season..not sure Boyle has scored 20 in his Hibs career

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Was there not chat of Australia looking at him last season?

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    Was there not chat of Australia looking at him last season?
    Yes that is correct. Boyle also mentioned that he would be open to representing them if they were indeed to make an approach.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Admire Boyles pace and tenacity he has improved as a player with us and has bought into out ideology I reckon Lenny was hoping he might form a partnership with Flo upfront but that has not happened needs to look up more looks to have a decent shot on him but to date finishing erratic and lacks the necessary composure at out level. Keep him wide to utilise his pace and bring back Jamie Mac as Flo starting to look a forlorn figure as needs help and cannot do it all himself.
    Raheem Sterling what can I say runs like a big Jessie has pace falls in the box always looking for a pen has a decent goals record but looked like a duck out of water at WC just did not go for him biggest critics England fans biggest fan G. Southgate says it all.

Boyle is absolutely fantastic for us and I for one love how underrated he is as it keeps other teams away!

I don’t know why, maybe it’s becsuse he’s not a big name, came from Dundee or what but he never seems to get the recognition he deserves imo.

He is always wanting to learn and improves every season.

Not good enough for Scotland imo but the way he is going who knows, we’re not blessed with many players as quick and direct as him.