hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alan Stubbs

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What I will say if most prob don’t know the effect big Taff had in the team. He really was the brains in it all. When Hibs were struggling he often came down spoke with Stubbs or spoke with the team at half time. We all know Doolan became a fan more than anything and got us so that helped too. As for Stubbs he just really was the perfect man for the job.

I know some disagree and that’s fine. But we were never getting up first season and second we just played so many games and bad decisions cost us. But that’s history we are where we are because of Stubbs and the team he had. 🇳🇬
    Agree 100% Cat but I know JD was also a major help right from the start. I think I told you I was at Hoylake Open when some Scouse lads spotted our various Hibs tops & started chatting to us. They were pals of John D & phoned him up to chat to him about Hibs. It was slightly surreal, sitting with a pint in the tented village at The Open listening to this exuberant guy tell me, "ok, we don't even have a goalie but me, Stubbsy & Taff will sort it out". He told me they were trying to get Robles on loan & JD's mates told me JD had taken a big pay cut to come to Hibs. They were a great team & actually starting from an all time low probably helped them. I will be forever grateful to all 3!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agree 100% Cat but I know JD was also a major help right from the start. I think I told you I was at Hoylake Open when some Scouse lads spotted our various Hibs tops & started chatting to us. They were pals of John D & phoned him up to chat to him about Hibs. It was slightly surreal, sitting with a pint in the tented village at The Open listening to this exuberant guy tell me, "ok, we don't even have a goalie but me, Stubbsy & Taff will sort it out". He told me they were trying to get Robles on loan & JD's mates told me JD had taken a big pay cut to come to Hibs. They were a great team & actually starting from an all time low probably helped them. I will be forever grateful to all 3!
    I mind you telling me that, Doolan seemed to have that determination about him to make sure we got the right balance. The three of them just clicked and looking back for me I don’t think anyone else could have brought us all together again like they did.