hibs.net Messageboard

Page 123 of 146 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,690 of 4376
    @hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Terri Rules just won the 8.10 at Kempton 14/1
    Oh I can beat that. Yesterday I was waiting for a treble after the first two won. In the final leg I was on the favourite of a six horse race; the first three were miles clear in the betting at less than 5/1, so I put a single on the second and third favourites to cover myself, in case my horse blew it...winner 66/1 outsider. One of these moments:

HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

2. Log in to remove the advert

I always find this time of year precarious for betting on horses. A lot of low quality handicaps and nursery races and then late 2 year olds who still look like babies running in maidens and novices. Add to that you have the jumpers coming off their summer breaks and needing a run in the next few weeks and you have all kinds of weird and wonderful results thrown up.

I tend to give it a miss from not long after the St Leger meeting until the Betfair Chase weekend in November. Obviously there are exceptions such as Arc weekend and Champions Day but outside of that it's just a bit of a minefield.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Had couple quid on Gnabry to score and Germany to win tonight. Cashed out at practically full return at HT, pleasing to see the game finished a draw!

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Must be a couple of quid to be made over the next couple of days as the Euro groups start to get stretched

Remember small stakes

Good luck guys!

Left by mutual consent!
    Russia -1 6/4 😂😂😂

Early bets Aussie -5 10/11

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    Had couple quid on Gnabry to score and Germany to win tonight. Cashed out at practically full return at HT, pleasing to see the game finished a draw!
    I didn’t cash out for some reason and when I finished the kids homework it was too late when I turned it back on 🙈🙈🙈

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    I had Gnabry to score, Germany to win, and Otamendi to be carded. Didn’t look at the cash out at half time unfortunately.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Russia -1 6/4 😂😂😂

Early bets Aussie -5 10/11
    *****y Aussie pwicks.

Jamie Hat Trick and Harry Souttar two.
    Last edited by The 90+2; 10-10-2019 at 10:51 AM.

Russia nearly 6/4 ht-ft on Betfair.

Left by mutual consent!
    £30 on Wales to beat Slovakia at 2/1

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Yes, and I really think it was just the ground. Knowing the very soft going would deprive Enable of her usual ability to sprint away in the final couple of furlongs, Frankie tried to break the field a bit sooner, which he managed with his main threats of Japan, Sottsass and Magical, but he couldn't have accounted for Waldgeist putting in a finish like that. As I said before, it would have worked a treat on firmer ground, but Enable was drained in the mud and Waldgeist was able to come through. Just one of those things. She put it all on the line and was just beaten by the rain, in my humble opinion.
    Enable is still a brilliant filly, even though she was beaten. It's not so much her sprinting ability, because there's plenty of races when she's not won by much, it's more her ability to sit behind the leaders in a fast pace. She's definitely better over a mile and a half, even though she does have the Eclipse on her CV, in my opinion it was a sub-standard renewal racing against horses she had already beaten. That's not detracting from her in any way. Of course, the jockey and trainer were major factors in her success. Gosden is a master tactician, and Dettori, IMO is at his best sitting on a horse that stays up with the pace. Despite the success Aiden O'Brien has had, tactically he makes loads of mistakes such as how horses should be ridden, the right horse for the right distance, etc. John Gosden is somebody who studies races thoroughly, and has plenty of experience from when he was a successful trainer in the USA where sectional times are extremely important.

If I were them I would run Enable at Santa Anita as her last race, just my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Enable is still a brilliant filly, even though she was beaten. It's not so much her sprinting ability, because there's plenty of races when she's not won by much, it's more her ability to sit behind the leaders in a fast pace. She's definitely better over a mile and a half, even though she does have the Eclipse on her CV, in my opinion it was a sub-standard renewal racing against horses she had already beaten. That's not detracting from her in any way. Of course, the jockey and trainer were major factors in her success. Gosden is a master tactician, and Dettori, IMO is at his best sitting on a horse that stays up with the pace. Despite the success Aiden O'Brien has had, tactically he makes loads of mistakes such as how horses should be ridden, the right horse for the right distance, etc. John Gosden is somebody who studies races thoroughly, and has plenty of experience from when he was a successful trainer in the USA where sectional times are extremely important.

If I were them I would run Enable at Santa Anita as her last race, just my opinion though.
    She's had a long old season, if they're going to keep her in training I'd be tempted to leave it, she has nowt to prove. Money talks though.

Two Arcs plus all her other Group 1 wins means her place in history is assured. She's one the greats; a third Arc would have made her immortal. It will be interesting to see whether she is given another race, in order to go out a winner as she deserves, but, as Hutchy said, she has nothing to prove.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    woohoooo a win...at last

Russia
    Holland
    Poland
    Austria

£52 back

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    woohoooo a win...at last

Russia
    Holland
    Poland
    Austria

£52 back
    I cannae get a win on the football for love nor money just now, and the racing is compensating. I even cashed out tonight when Netherlands were 1-1

Left by mutual consent!
    Surely Russia 6/4 -1 tempted loads of people?

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    I cannae get a win on the football for love nor money just now, and the racing is compensating. I even cashed out tonight when Netherlands were 1-1

i honestly couldn't pick a winner in a horse v donkey race, hence i've avoided horse(and donkey) racing since a grand national £2 each-way bet 30+ years ago

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesmad View Post
    £30 on Wales to beat Slovakia at 2/1
    Thought this was going to be a certainty, Wales missed 2 or 3 really good chances in the last 10-15 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    i honestly couldn't pick a winner in a horse v donkey race, hence i've avoided horse(and donkey) racing since a grand national £2 each-way bet 30+ years ago
    Yes, I usually find the football much easier, but the last few weeks have been disastrous, with the racing being far better, even with setbacks such as Enable last weekend. Every football bet I place, even with very short odds, is going wrong. It's so annoying.

Left by mutual consent!

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 90+2 View Post
    Boy on YouTube tipped it ashamed to admit I was oan at small stakes

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    Russia nearly 6/4 ht-ft on Betfair.
    Ffs! 😠

After Enable's shock defeat last weekend cost me 200, I'm back for more . Pinatubo in the Dewhurst tomorrow, doubled with Stradivarius next Saturday in the Long Distance Cup. 200 double at evens - can't go wrong

Pinatubo prohibitively short priced tomorrow, so I would recommend combining him in an acca. Just the double for me.

Forecast at Newmarket is good to soft, so Pinatubo should be fine, not let down by very soft ground as Enable was.
    Last edited by Hibernia&Alba; 11-10-2019 at 11:15 AM.

Hamish in the 15.50 at York - a group horse in a handicap. Thank you kindly

Left by mutual consent!
    £20 on Henderson and Rose to be booked paying £325

Today:

Hamish 7/4
    Quartz De Rheu 1/2
    Fanny Logan 11/10
    Camachita 8/11

20 wins 290

Paths Of Glory 4/6
    Heliac 5/1
    Aegeus 4/6

Fiver wins 84

Very pleasing

Today:

Hamish 7/4
    Quartz De Rheu 1/2
    Fanny Logan 11/10
    Camachita 8/11

20 wins 290

Paths Of Glory 4/6
    Heliac 5/1
    Aegeus 4/6

Fiver wins 84

Very pleasing
    I had Heliac too, it was a great price. Saw that race and Aegeus at Newcastle, close at the line. I didn't touch that one but I should know better than to read the garbage that the Racing Post form guide gives/tips.

I had Heliac too, it was a great price. Saw that race and Aegeus at Newcastle, close at the line. I didn't touch that one but I should know better than to read the garbage that the Racing Post form guide gives/tips.

Racing Post tips tries to be too clever by half, in my humble opinion. Go with your gut and ignore them; it might work, it might not, that's life, but I prefer to ignore the Racing Post contrarianism. Heliac was a steal at 5/1, IMHO, and he came through. Read widely, weigh it all up then place your bet; don't let the 'experts' destroy your day.

This is what I think of Moldova- AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGH.
    Getting beat by *****n Andorra......

This is what I think of Moldova- AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGH.
    Getting beat by *****n Andorra......
    Don't set me aff oan the fitba, it's killing me jist noo