hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Charter Flight?

Hybrid View

@hibs.net private member HibeeMassive's Avatar

Charter Flight?

Been holding off booking flights for next week until we seen what the deal was with the official club charter. Can't believe it's still not been announced yet..?!
    I know there's to be two deals, one with hotel and one without, but is anyone else holding off to see how much the club packages are before booking?

We've got two alternate routes in mind and the prices are reasonable, but most of my mates would rather go direct. Could be a last minute dash for flights and accommodation at this rate...

Cannie wait though

Quote Originally Posted by HibeeMassive View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Been holding off booking flights for next week until we seen what the deal was with the official club charter. Can't believe it's still not been announced yet..?!
    I know there's to be two deals, one with hotel and one without, but is anyone else holding off to see how much the club packages are before booking?

We've got two alternate routes in mind and the prices are reasonable, but most of my mates would rather go direct. Could be a last minute dash for flights and accommodation at this rate...

Cannie wait though
    E mailed the agent last night and she’s still waiting to hear back from Hibs....

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorebridge Hibb View Post
    E mailed the agent last night and she’s still waiting to hear back from Hibs....
    Maybe Hibs waiting to see how many seats they’ll need to keep free for new players 👀

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Maybe Hibs waiting to see how many seats they’ll need to keep free for new players 👀

@hibs.net private member MacBean's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: macbean8 PSN ID: paulmchfc
    haven't seen anything, but I used kiwi.com for my flights. good options and have a "lay over guarantee" where if you're first flight is delayed, or your connecting flight is cancelled they guarantee to get you to destination/home without any extra cost.

Return routes on there vary between £310-£390 depending on how long you want to travel for.

I'm Edinburgh - Cephalonia (Jet2), Cephalonia - Athens (Olympic Air) , then Athens-Poznan-Edinburgh(both Ryanair) . Think theres a couple of us on the Cephalonia-Athens flight, as a connection from Manchester and Edinburgh. Worth looking at
    Hibernian Football Club

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MacBean View Post
    haven't seen anything, but I used kiwi.com for my flights. good options and have a "lay over guarantee" where if you're first flight is delayed, or your connecting flight is cancelled they guarantee to get you to destination/home without any extra cost.

Return routes on there vary between £310-£390 depending on how long you want to travel for.

I'm Edinburgh - Cephalonia (Jet2), Cephalonia - Athens (Olympic Air) , then Athens-Poznan-Edinburgh(both Ryanair) . Think theres a couple of us on the Cephalonia-Athens flight, as a connection from Manchester and Edinburgh. Worth looking at
    Own up.... who else misread that bit?

Left by mutual consent!
    I’m waiting on the charter too. Hope it’s announced soon.

Hibs maybe waiting to see what the situation is in Greece with the fires.

@hibs.net private member
    Understand that Hibs were waiting on confirmation as to the size of the plane so they knew how many seats were available.

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Understand that Hibs were waiting on confirmation as to the size of the plane so they knew how many seats were available.
    Details released tomorrow....

Quote Originally Posted by Gorebridge Hibb View Post
    Details released tomorrow....
    Heard rumours they were holding off with details due to situation in Greece??

There is a new airline called Cobalt Aero (old Air Cyprus that went bust and is now owned by Russians) that sometimes has good deals from London to Athens. Not perfect but maybe an alternative.

Left by mutual consent!
    Hibs just tweeted that details will be released today re the charter flight.

Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    Thats good to hear

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    They're taking their time. There's a bit to do to get organised if I'm going to make this one.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    They're taking their time. There's a bit to do to get organised if I'm going to make this one.

I can see this being £800+.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    So you've said. In fact its maybe come down a ton since the last time.
    Luckily its not about money.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    It is.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

I’ve made the decision to book on the charter but wouldn’t mind getting some firm details so I can organize my week. Presuming the details will be out before 5pm?

Quote Originally Posted by ChazD View Post
    I’ve made the decision to book on the charter but wouldn’t mind getting some firm details so I can organize my week. Presuming the details will be out before 5pm?
    I got an email like I suppose the other films on the Faroes charter did, on Sunday, to say that two packages were being looked at. With or without accommodation.
    Then another text yesterday to say something out today.
    As yet, no details, no flight times, no costs. Wee bit crap in my humblest.

I got an email like I suppose the other films on the Faroes charter did, on Sunday, to say that two packages were being looked at. With or without accommodation.
    Then another text yesterday to say something out today.
    As yet, no details, no flight times, no costs. Wee bit crap in my humblest.
    Assuming it’s going to be Wednesday to Friday?

Some timings would definitely be welcome. Happy to pay more for less hassle but it’s getting pretty close now.

Thats nearly 4 times the price I paid !!!

@hibs.net private member
    It’s priced ok, direct flights to and from Edinburgh and the accommodation is only £75 a night. But official charters flying with the team are not aimed at the ordinary working class fan. If you can afford it and want to travel with the team it’s available if not spend your hard earned getting planes, trains and automobiles to get to the game

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    It’s priced ok, direct flights to and from Edinburgh and the accommodation is only £75 a night. But official charters flying with the team are not aimed at the ordinary working class fan. If you can afford it and want to travel with the team it’s available if not spend your hard earned getting planes, trains and automobiles to get to the game
    Patronising bollox. The Faroes flight was full of largely ordinary working class fans.

@hibs.net private member Devonhibs's Avatar
    And this is, judging by previous posts, is where many fans have nostalgic memories of crazy trips, shenanigans and much hilarity.

Well they should be because thats what makes up the majority of the clubs support.

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    rubbish, im an ordinary working class fan and if could get the time off id happily pay it

Quote Originally Posted by allant1981 View Post
    rubbish, im an ordinary working class fan and if could get the time off id happily pay it
    Totally agree. I'm an ordinary guy who is taking an opportunity to follow my team in Europe. And to do it with my Dad. These opportunities come around rarely these days so will grasp the chance.

The Faroe Islands flight was full of ordinary guys and the chat and banter was different class.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Yes it’s a lot of money, but the real cost is the plane will be flying empty 2 ways, dependent on where it’s coming from, so will be a big cost of the overall price of hiring it!

It’s quite a decent length of time to be away, getting 3 full days and transfers. That’s if you can afford it though

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Yes it’s a lot of money, but the real cost is the plane will be flying empty 2 ways, dependent on where it’s coming from, so will be a big cost of the overall price of hiring it!

It’s quite a decent length of time to be away, getting 3 full days and transfers. That’s if you can afford it though

You'll be on it then eh.