I watched Gala Fairydean Rovers ladies team's first ever match today against Hawick ladies. The standard was as you would expect from two teams who lack competitive experience, it was the Gala ladies first ever competitive game after a year together.

But one thing that absolutely stood out was the performance of the Hawick keeper … she only had about two pretty tame shots to save, but that wasn't what caught your eye, her command of her third of the pitch would have done credit to Manuel Neuer .. the Gala girls had a number of chances to hit on the break, but every attempt was nullified by her swift intervention anywhere within 30 yards of her goal, she was sharp as hell. Her touch and passing were a cut above anybody on the pitch and her handling was sound …. not to mention that every goal kick she took landed about a third of the way into the opposition half … the lassie couldnae half leather a baw.

If she can shot stop like she commanded every other aspect of goalkeeping she is clearly capable of a higher level than she was playing at today …. To complete the picture she was tall and athletic. If I was in charge of Hibs ladies I would definitely be taking a look.

Scouting report over