hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Disliked clubs

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Shows you how easy it is to generalise on this type of thread.

I only know 3 Chelsea fans down here. 3 great friends. Two born near Stamford Bridge, all childhood fans- one was a volunteer steward in the days where the ground was half empty. One has absolutely loathed Terry since the Wayne Bridge betrayal.

The last thing I'd call any of them is racist. They all support Hibs up here and two of them have travelled with me loads of times to follow Hibs home and away and have taken the time to learn a bit about Hibs and Scottish football. In fact last season they were at ER more than Stamford Bridge!

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I only know 3 Chelsea fans down here. 3 great friends. Two born near Stamford Bridge, all childhood fans- one was a volunteer steward in the days where the ground was half empty. One has absolutely loathed Terry since the Wayne Bridge betrayal.

The last thing I'd call any of them is racist. They all support Hibs up here and two of them have travelled with me loads of times to follow Hibs home and away and have taken the time to learn a bit about Hibs and Scottish football. In fact last season they were at ER more than Stamford Bridge!

Thread is disliked clubs not fans,I am talking clubs not fans,I have friends that are rangers,celtic and chelsea good guys doesn't stop me disliking the clubs especially *** chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by hibb1 View Post
    Thread is disliked clubs not fans,I am talking clubs not fans,I have friends that are rangers,celtic and chelsea good guys doesn't stop me disliking the clubs especially *** chelsea

Am with you there. No issue with your point of view. Fans were alluded to elsewhere.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Hearts
    Hearts Reserves
    Hearts Under 20's
    Hearts Development X1
    Hearts Under 16s

Anyone notice a pattern here?
    I know what you mean and I laugh as much as any of us when the yams fall on their face. But I don't really dislike them that much. I have too many old friends, some not still with us, who were just like me - supporters of a club who were not part of the sectarian duopoly who, along with the SFA and the Scottish media, have largely destroyed football in Scotland.
    I should point out though that I do despise the utter filth who belong to their bokeback website (checked it out once or twice long ago). It seems to be run by a gang of BNP racists and inhabited by their sympathisers and other worms who don't have the guts to stand up to their use of Nazi terminology. There is not a cigarette paper between their attitudes and that of the pathetic Sevco/Rangers morons they seem so desperate to emulate.
    However I must say that those clowns have little resemblance to the Hearts fans I worked with and had friendships with over the past 30 years, and who found our rivalry a good source of fun and banter.

In terms of football outside Scotland London clubs irritate me, especially Chelsea.
    QPR, Palace, Charlton are ok - this view is largely influenced by decent folks who I've met and who go along every week to support them.

Obviously ManUtd and Liverpool are disgusting corporate monsters, along with the perennial cheats Real Madrid and Barcelona. Anyone who does not support their local team but runs around claiming to be a 'fan' of any of these 'brands' should, IMHO, get therapy to explore the roots of their feelings of inadequacy.

Quote Originally Posted by Canon Hannan View Post
    New Rangers - horrible club
    Northern Ireland - Full of above fans
    Chelsea - same as above and also racist fans
    Man Utd - glory hunter fans
    Falkirk - pt Rangers fans

You get my commonality here 😁

Don’t have a problem with any other team or clubs. Even Hearts. They are our rivals but decent fans in general.

Also find it funny how some Hibs fans hate the Big 2 in Scotland but then support Liverpool or Man Utd! Don’t get that at all.
    I share many of your views but your perspective on NI seems rooted in past sectarian nonsense. There is some interesting recent research on cross-community general public views (survey n.1200 and in-depth interviews 104) of the NI football/soccer team which demonstrates it is the one sporting body which has moved away from sectarianism more than any of the main sports in NI in terms of reconciliation initiatives. I know in this age of post-truth and alternative facts Trump/Farage etc tell us we shouldn't pay attention to expert academic research but it seems rugby comes out as the least entrapped in bigotry and the GAA appears to be the major problem with its ideological/religious baggage.
    See https://www.executiveoffice-ni.gov.uk/publications/social-exclusion-and-sport-northern-ireland

Fair enough, they sound ok.

Rangers
    Celtic
    Hearts
    Aberdeen
    (And then in a not so particular order)
    Real Madrid
    Sunderland
    Millwall
    Leeds

But then again I’ve met one or two rangers fans who are nice guys...

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    But then again I’ve met one or two rangers fans who are nice guys...
    Names please ?

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Have you seen the Tories and other assorted right-wingers on here?
    Good point. Sadly we do have fellow travellers who need assistance to see the true path

Quote Originally Posted by McIntosh View Post
    Good point. Sadly we do have fellow travellers who need assistance to see the true path
    I suppose if it had an influence when making a decision on a team to support then some left-leaning folk could be attracted by our origins as poor Irish immigrants.

However, I'm sure our owner is a Tory and for all I know so might be our chief executive, but I couldnae give a monkey's one way or t'other as long as they do a great job for Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    I suppose if it had an influence when making a decision on a team to support then some left-leaning folk could be attracted by our origins as poor Irish immigrants.

However, I'm sure our owner is a Tory and for all I know so might be our chief executive, but I couldnae give a monkey's one way or t'other as long as they do a great job for Hibs.
    Pretty sure STF had declared support for the SNP in the past …. though the party covers a wide range of political views.

Apart from the obvious ones I have little time for Real Madrid …. a few months of their TV channel on freeview gave me the distinct impression there is no club more up itself on the face of the earth, and on a planet that contains Hearts and Celtic that's some feat.

That aside any club that employs Colin Calderwood in ANY capacity.

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc
    Galatastaray
    Napoli
    Hearts
    Sevco

Celtc.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    The People

Chelsea, Millwall, Leeds, Man City, Airdrie and Motherwell. Rancid the lot of them.

How about Jason Mariner and his extreme right wing fascist Chelsea cronies?

Quote Originally Posted by BullsCloseHibs View Post
    How about Jason Mariner and his extreme right wing fascist Chelsea cronies?
    Yes. He exists.

Where did I say bigots of all hues don't?

Sir Matt Busby

Yes. He exists.

Where did I say bigots of all hues don't?

It's actually one of several reasons i dislike Chelsea.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McIntosh View Post
    Regardless of St Pauli, Hibs are the anti-establishment left wing club in Edinburgh.
    No we aren’t. Historically we’re the non-establishment team and less staid than the cardigan wearers from Georgie but the club have never been left wing, The whole Celtc left wing thing is a recent affectation and the billionaire Dermot Desmond isn’t what you’d call a commie.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Quote Originally Posted by BullsCloseHibs View Post
    It's actually one of several reasons i dislike Chelsea.

Touche'

Sir Matt Busby

Rangers
    Hearts
    Celtic

Anyone else playing Hibs at any given time. This Thursday it's the Greeks.

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Hearts, the Rangers, Manu, Real Madrid.
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Juniper Greens View Post
    Really dislike Liverpool. Although I hate most of the EPL
    Never liked Liverpool either. I think it's the horrible all-red strip that had something to do with it. Never liked Dalglish either for some reason. Very overrated at international level. In Scotland I dislike the present-day version of Rangers more than their original incarnation, especially their pretence that they're still the same club. Like others on here, I'm taking an unexpected pleasure in Dundee United's ongoing woes despite never having had particular issues with them before.

Cant stand Rangers, Hearts and Dundee from Scotland

Hate both Manchester teams, Newcastle, Chelsea or Leeds from down south.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    No we aren’t. Historically we’re the non-establishment team and less staid than the cardigan wearers from Georgie but the club have never been left wing, The whole Celtc left wing thing is a recent affectation and the billionaire Dermot Desmond isn’t what you’d call a commie.
    That's pretty accurate I would guess … On the political spectrum the only real clue to what we are like as a support would be the fact that the areas of Edinburgh Hibs draw most of their support from tend to vote in labour or lately SNP candidates than many other areas of the city. From that perspective its fair to presume that your average Hibs fan is more likely to be left leaning than your average Jambo is …. but on the other hand the most rabid leftie I know is a fervent Yam

I suppose this thread is a wee barometer too … Its no coincidence that clubs with a well established right wing reputation like The Rangers, Chelsea and Lazio aren't faring too well.

Its not really something Hibs or we as a support really need to get too involved in. Seeing the club and its supporters get behind good social causes like helping the socially disadvantaged or collecting for foodbanks and backing anti racism or homophobia initiatives is about as far as we need to take it .. IE showing we have a good social conscience rather than using the club itself as a vehicle for political causes, we can leave all that affectation to the likes of Celtic.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Rangers, Celtic and Hearts in that order.

Don't actively loathe any other clubs, but not particularly fond of "establishment" teams (Madrid, Barca, Man Utd, Bayern, Juventus, Milan) or teams that suddenly became rich and have bought their way to success (Chelsea, PSG, Man City, formerly Anzhi).

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post

He said Edinburgh. And yes, we are regarded as anti establishment club / left wing over Europe. Maybe you don't agree, but it's the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Pretty sure STF had declared support for the SNP in the past …. though the party covers a wide range of political views.
    He has donated to the SNP but not come out in support. Commented about trying to redress the financial imbalance.