hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Booked4Being-Ugly View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They only need to beat Hibs once this season and the muppets will be ecstatic at such an achievement!
    Agreed. They had a shocking season last year but the fact they got a win against hibs in the end seems to have been enough for a lot of them. Weird.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    That is because they did not play. Hearts played an unregistered player. In every instance where this has happened previously in Scottish football it has resulted in the game being forfeited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Spot on. It will be open season if they walk away with a fine. So what if ICT miss out by a point because the muppets are allowed to keep the 3 points. They would be going mental.

It would set the standard for every future registration breach for when a player plays the impacted game. Where do you draw the line? The Rangers sign a player in Jan, play him and beat Celtic, then it’s proved he wasn’t technically registered? Can you imagine the carnage?

100% they will be docked points. Absolutely no doubt and would be disgrace if not.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.b...tball/41038340
    An almost identical set of circumstances and the same governing body (SPFL).
    Why would Hearts be treated any different from Albion Rovers?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.b...tball/41038340
    An almost identical set of circumstances and the same governing body (SPFL).
    Why would Hearts be treated any different from Albion Rovers?

Because that was a Knock-out competition.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Same rules should apply though.....you play an unregistered player equals a fine and a 3-0 loss. Doesnt matter if its a league or knockout?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I understand that but the offence isn't putting an ineligible player onto the pitch, it's simply naming them in the matchday squad, which all three clubs are guilty of.

The fact that the Cove Rangers and Stranraer players didn't come onto the pitch was simply pure chance. I'm assuming neither club knowingly put their ineligible players into the squad.

Hearts may well get a bigger fine than the other two because Irving actually played a part in the game the other night but I would be astonished if they are docked points.
    I think the difference is that Hearts gained a sporting advantage by fielding the player. The other two clubs in your example did not gain any advantage as the players did not enter the field of play.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    But the ruling was they lost the match, smoking cigar or not

Quote Originally Posted by Gordy M View Post
    Same rules should apply though.....you play an unregistered player equals a fine and a 3-0 loss. Doesnt matter if its a league or knockout?
    I agree, in fact giving the game to Cove 3-0 is arguably, by comparison to the Albion Rovers example, a more lenient punishment for Hearts as they still have a chance to get through. Though 3-0 to Cove would be the right punishment, it is just Rovers' bad luck their error was in a knockout competition.
    Last edited by 007; 21-07-2018 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordy M View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    But the ruling was they lost the match, smoking cigar or not
    Ozy was suggesting that they get the same treatment as Albion Rovers, who were thrown out of the competition. Throwing them out would be excessive IMO.

C'mon Raith Rovers

Ozy was suggesting that they get the same treatment as Albion Rovers, who were thrown out of the competition. Throwing them out would be excessive IMO.
    I don’t think Albion Rovers were thrown out, the just forfeited the match 3-0. Unfortunately for them it was a knock out comp.

I think the headlines in the newspapers can be misleading when it says clubs are thrown out the tournament.
    I don’t think Hearts will be thrown out but I do think Cove will get awarded the game 3-0.

Last edited by Ozyhibby; 21-07-2018 at 08:23 PM.

Think he was meaning that they lost the match, and as it was A Cup tie, that was them out. Much as if love to see them kicked out, their doing a dammed fine job of failing to qualify anyway
    But as Ozy says, they should lose the game, as Albion did

I don’t think Albion Rovers were thrown out, the just forfeited the match 3-0. Unfortunately for them it was a knock out comp.

I think the headlines in the newspapers can be misleading when it says clubs are thrown out the tournament.
    I don’t think Hearts will be thrown out but I do think Cove will get awarded the game 3-0.

Ok gotcha. I read the headline....like you say, that was misleading.

3-0 is fine by me. And compensate all of their fans for travelling. And us for our time spent laughing at them.

@hibs.net private member
    Would love them to be thrown out but can’t see it unfortunately.

Anyway one of the funniest things I heard yesterday was Potter saying in his interview how he’s looking forward to getting back to the PBS cause they’ve got their new pitch which will allow them to move the ball about quicker .......... 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 aye ok ya fud

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertK86 View Post

Anyway one of the funniest things I heard yesterday was Potter saying in his interview how he’s looking forward to getting back to the PBS cause they’ve got their new pitch which will allow them to move the ball about quicker .......... 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 aye ok ya fud

He might have point.

Surely they'll have installed the type of surface that allows them to get the cleanest possible hoof away?

A 3-0 loss is as good as throwing them out anyway so happy days.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    I can see ICT hitting them on the break and beating them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by AlbertK86 View Post

It will allow them to play better football but it will also allow opponents to play football so should reduce the advantage they have at Tynecastle. Will be interesting this season to see if that is the case. Fancy us to get a win there.

Their goal scorer Michael Smith said after the game that they needed to stop so much of the tippy tappy stuff and play uglier football. Any attempt to change their style didn't last long then. Two games into their season and one of their players is saying less football please. Brilliant.

It has to be that Cove are awarded the game 3-0.

This would put them on 2 points with a maximum of 6 to add. Last season 8 points was not enough to win a group or even qualify as one of the 4 best runners up.

Be wonderful if Hearts are out a major competition before we even have to enter it.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tug Wilson View Post
    Their goal scorer Michael Smith said after the game that they needed to stop so much of the tippy tappy stuff and play uglier football. Any attempt to change their style didn't last long then. Two games into their season and one of their players is saying less football please. Brilliant.

It has to be that Cove are awarded the game 3-0.
    This would put them on 2 points with a maximum of 6 to add. Last season 8 points was not enough to win a group or even qualify as one of the 4 best runners up.

Be wonderful if Hearts are out a major competition before we even have to enter it.
    seemingly 9 points wasn’t enough last season so doesn’t look good for them. Is the hearing tomorrow?

What I cant understand, is that in the rules, there isn’t a set punishment for a fielding an illegible player
    Should be in black and white

What I cant understand, is that in the rules, there isn’t a set punishment for a fielding an illegible player
    Illegible players should be erased and made to start again.

That said, it probably is in the rules. It's likely that nobody on here can ba looking it up....

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by CropleyWasGod; 22-07-2018 at 06:30 PM.

Illegible players should be erased and made to start again.

That said, it probably is in the rules. It's likely that nobody on here can ba looking it up....

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
    Ok smarty pants, ineligible
    Now go and find the rules😄

I have a feeling they well get a fine, nothing more. Hope not

Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    I have a feeling they well get a fine, nothing more. Hope not
    I can’t see how that is possible although this is Scottish football. It’s the exact same offence as Albion Rovers last season and that resulted in forfeiting the game. Would be anarchy if it turns out that it’s not just Sevco who are not governed by the same rules as others.

I can’t see how that is possible although this is Scottish football. It’s the exact same offence as Albion Rovers last season and that resulted in forfeiting the game. Would be anarchy if it turns out that it’s not just Sevco who are not governed by the same rules as others.

There are no rules just precedents.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Find out Hearts fate tomorrow!

I hate to say it but I thought Berras goal was a goal! I reckon the ref had been watching too much World Cup football.

Four sleeps till Thursday
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 22-07-2018 at 07:08 PM.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Find out Hearts fate tomorrow!

I hate to say it but I thought Berras goal was a goal! I reckon the ref had been watching too much World Cup football.

Four ur sleeps till Thursday 😀👍🇳🇬

I agree. I thought it was a legitimate goal as well. If that happened to Hibs, I’d be raging as hell with the ref. Having said that, I’m glad it happened to them!

Personally can’t see them getting thrown out of the competition but a points deduction with a 3-0 win awarded for Cove Rangers pretty much effectively knocks them out. 👍🏾

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    seemingly 9 points wasn’t enough last season so doesn’t look good for them. Is the hearing tomorrow?
    Over the last two seasons since the format of the League Cup changed, only one team has failed to qualify with 9 points and that was Peterhead last season.

If they lose the 3 points they got against Cove Rangers, the maximum number of points they'll be able to get is 8 points and only one team has qualified with that number of points which again was Peterhead two years ago and they won their group that year.

No team has qualified with 8 points or less as a runner up.

Basically if Cove Rangers get awarded the win from their match against Hearts, then Hearts are almost certainly out.

And yes, the hearing is tomorrow.

Ok smarty pants, ineligible
    Now go and find the rules��
    Yessir.

Powers of the Board and Commissions
    J16 Upon determining that a breach of or failure to fulfil the Rules or Regulations has
    been established, the Board or, as the case may be, a Commission may:-
    J16.1 give a warning as to future conduct;
    J16.2 give a reprimand;
    J16.3 impose a fine;
    J16.4 annul the result of an Official Match;
    J16.5 order that an Official Match be replayed;
    J16.6 impose a deduction of points;
    J16.7 award an Official Match (with such deemed score as it thinks appropriate)
    to a Club;
    J16.8 order the playing of an Official Match or Matches behind closed doors;
    J16.9 order the closure of all or part of a Stadium for such period and for such
    purposes as it thinks appropriate;
    J16.10 order the playing of an Official Match or Matches at such Stadium as it
    thinks appropriate;
    J16.11 order the relegation of a Club to a lower Division and make such
    consequent orders as to promotion as it shall think appropriate;
    J16.12 subject to Rule J18, order that a Club be expelled from the League;
    J16.13 withdraw or withhold the award of a title or award;
    J16.14 order any Club, Official or Player to pay compensation to any Club, Player,
    person or party;
    J16.15 order any Club, Official or Player to comply with any obligation or
    direction;
    J16.16 cancel or refuse the League Registration of any Player League Registered
    or attempted to be League Registered;
    J16.17 order that a Club concerned be debarred from Registering Players for such
    period as it thinks appropriate;
    J16.18 order that any person, persons or group of persons be prohibited from
    attending at such Official Match or Matches and for such period as it
    thinks appropriate;
    J16.19 make such other direction, sanction or disposal, not expressly provided for
    in these Rules, as it shall think appropriate; and/or
    J16.20 make such order as to expenses, including the expenses of the Company
    and/or, as the case may be, Commission and/or other party, as it sees appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    I agree. I thought it was a legitimate goal as well. If that happened to Hibs, I’d be raging as hell with the ref. Having said that, I’m glad it happened to them!

Personally can’t see them getting thrown out of the competition but a points deduction with a 3-0 win awarded for Cove Rangers pretty much effectively knocks them out.
    Saying that watch Berra in his own box. Anyone goes near him whilst defending and he does the dying swan act.

**** em **** em all.

What goes around and all that