hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I think it is, yeah.

I was in Liverpool last week, and being a scouser the taxi driver wanted to talk the whole way. Liverpool fan who can't get a season ticket so has a season ticket for Rangers because they are a British team. He goes every fortnight, loves the banter but says the quality Scottish football is '****'. Took great pleasure in telling me that Scotland can't manage on their own and he (personally) would'do anything' to stop independence. Hates the EU, thinks the UK will 'get all its industry back' if it leaves Europe. He was just back from Belfast to join in their 12th July celebrations. And no, he doesn't like foreigners either.

Lots of Rangers fans only follow them for political reasons. If they weren't linked with that belief system they'd have a lot less fans.
    That was clever chat from the taxi driver - I take it he didnae want a tip?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Chic Murray View Post
    Thought I had seen their new third strip the other day. It was a white one with the old clubs badge and five stars above it. On the left shoulder was half a Union Jack.

I reckon it must just be a training top, but they are pandering to the far right element in their support too much.
    By having a Union flag on their strip?

I don't disagree that they have the most far right, bigoted support in the UK but having the Union flag on their strip isn't the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    By having a Union flag on their strip?

I don't disagree that they have the most far right, bigoted support in the UK but having the Union flag on their strip isn't the issue.
    Who else has the union flag on their strip? It is unmistakably political from The Huns.

Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    That was clever chat from the taxi driver - I take it he didnae want a tip?
    I couldn't believe it myself i was imagining saying 'you've mucked up Brexit, your infrastructure is crumbling, everyone's got three part time jobs but still can't pay the bills, you couldn't get to the World Cup final despite the luckiest draw ever known, Grenfell, corruption, paedophilia, Theresa May is Trumps poodle,.... You Really Need Europe To Run Your Country For You Mate, No Offence

Quote Originally Posted by SideBurns View Post
    Who else has the union flag on their strip? It is unmistakably political from The Huns.
    I'm not saying it isn't but it doesn't make them far right by displaying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I'm not saying it isn't but it doesn't make them far right by displaying it.
    Not in itself, but it is blatantly pandering to those who are. Anyway, we all know what they're about so splitting hairs is pointless.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Sad, we gave some money to the kids when we were there with Scotland in 2007. My mates missus was visibly upset by their poverty. The Tartan Army Children’s Charity made another hearty donation to the local orphanage.

Instead these c**ts abuse them and rip the piss out of children.

A new low for them. Thankfully there are sound “bears” but for every one of those videos there’s another load who did the same and didn’t video it.

J

Thought I had seen their new third strip the other day. It was a white one with the old clubs badge and five stars above it. On the left shoulder was half a Union Jack.

I reckon it must just be a training top, but they are pandering to the far right element in their support too much.
    Of course they are. They are desperate for cash so its a golden move to have orange strips as they know they will ship shed loads of them to their small-minded bigoted fanbase.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    Of course they are. They are desperate for cash so its a golden move to have orange strips as they know they will ship shed loads of them to their small-minded bigoted fanbase.
    They're not allowed to sell them, though.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    I'm questioning myself now. It was definitely a Hummel top, it was very similar to the team GB top at the Olympics, but they weren't made by Hummel.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    I live down south and was having a discussion with a mate regarding the English fan “celebration” after the Sweden victory

He admitted they hadn’t exactly acted well but also sited the behaviour of the rangers fans in the Manchester UEFA cup final

Despite claiming all the Huns are “British” not Scottish but he wasn’t buying it

That club (in whatever incarnation) are a plague on Scotland and Scottish football

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    I'm questioning myself now. It was definitely a Hummel top, it was very similar to the team GB top at the Olympics, but they weren't made by Hummel.
    Hummel as made in a back-shop in Govan, maybe? Did you spit on it to test its colour-fastness?

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Grenfell, corruption, paedophilia,
    Give up

Left by mutual consent!
    Hummel as made in a back-shop in Govan, maybe? Did you spit on it to test its colour-fastness?
    Funnily enough, I actually was in Govan.

We all know ‘some’ rangers fans are the scourge of the earth with deplorable views, but what can we do that will have a significant impact?

I am willing to back anything that will stop them, but:

- would Hibs fans boycott Ibrox??
    - would the club ban them from Easter Road?
    - would Hibs fans boycott a cup tie??
    - would thousands of Hibs fans complain to police Scotland after we play them for their bigoted bile?

I’m afraid unless we are prepared to stand up for what we complain about, nothing much will change.

It was a fake top that was on Twitter earlier in the week

Even they can’t sell non-existent tops. I’m still ****ing outraged about it though. 😂
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by sauzee6_2 View Post
    We all know ‘some’ rangers fans are the scourge of the earth with deplorable views, but what can we do that will have a significant impact?

I am willing to back anything that will stop them, but:

- would Hibs fans boycott Ibrox??
    - would the club ban them from Easter Road?
    - would Hibs fans boycott a cup tie??
    - would thousands of Hibs fans complain to police Scotland after we play them for their bigoted bile?

I’m afraid unless we are prepared to stand up for what we complain about, nothing much will change.
    Scottish football had it's chance to rid itself of this cancer that poisons the game up here. They shouldn't have been allowed to enter the new club into the leagues and should have been told to **** off down south to the English leagues as they aren't welcome in our leagues anymore.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
    It was a fake top that was on Twitter earlier in the week
    Ah, that explains why Martin Skirtl was wearing it.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I'm not really sure the outrage shown by folk here makes any difference? We all know how bad these pople are, and we all know it shouldnt happen, but it does, time after time.

What do we do about it other than moan on a message board?

When the authorities in charge of the game in Scotland are ****** scared of them, and do everything in their power to pander to them, the only way anything will ever get done is if its fans led, as shown by them not being allowed into the SPFL when they were recreated in this form.

Boycotts, not giving them ANY tickets, and standing up against them for the good of the game and for whats right and proper is the way to go, but we will always come back to those who will say, i'm not missing a game, why should we suffer?

Well you should do it for the good of the game, and not think so selfishly.

Until the fans of every other club grab the game by the balls, and do things for the right reasons and for what is right in general, i'm afraid we are stuck with what we have, and there is just more of the same crap we moan about on message boards like this for the foreseeable future.

Left by mutual consent!